All Things Brad Davison Recruitment Thread

Interesting. Could be a way of putting pressure on Wright and Washington.

Or on the flip side, my concern is that Brad got the offer because the staff is feeling less confident about landing Wright and/or Washington. Hope I'm wrong.

Or on the flip side, my concern is that Brad got the offer because the staff is feeling less confident about landing Wright and/or Washington. Hope I'm wrong.

Probably a little of both.

Good for Davision, maybe he does want to come here, maybe not, it kinda me of when Bo offer Big Al late in his recruiting two years ago, even without an offer there was still a relationship with the staff, the staff has a bigger relationship with Davision than they ever did with say Nate Reuvers. I would be happy to land this kid, although I'd still rather have Wright. Seems hypocritical for fans to criticize the coach for offering someone they've criticized for not offering lol

I like the kid. Not cat like quickness, but great court awareness. Reminds me a bit of Rick Mount
In his actions.The only thing I see is that he needs to get stronger.Agree, they should have offered months ago. Another head scratcher regarding Pitino ?

Rick Mount? Can't think of anyone more current?

I'm sure it's a coincidence since more of the sites have updated their rankings, but now that Davidson has a gopher offer he's no longer a four star recruit on 247 lol

Good for Davision, maybe he does want to come here, maybe not, it kinda me of when Bo offer Big Al late in his recruiting two years ago, even without an offer there was still a relationship with the staff, the staff has a bigger relationship with Davision than they ever did with say Nate Reuvers. I would be happy to land this kid, although I'd still rather have Wright. Seems hypocritical for fans to criticize the coach for offering someone they've criticized for not offering lol

I read somewhere that the U staff and Davison hadn't had communication for a year? If that's the case I wouldn't say they have that close a relationship. Will be interesting what he decides - for some the allure of the hometown school is great, for others not so much. With him deciding before his football season starts I don't think that bodes well for the Gophers.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like the kid. Not cat like quickness, but great court awareness. Reminds me a bit of Rick Mount
In his actions.The only thing I see is that he needs to get stronger.Agree, they should have offered months ago. Another head scratcher regarding Pitino ?

Reminds me of Jordon Taylor in high school at this point, average shooter, not all that quick, physical for a point guard, may turn out to be a good Big Ten player but not a lock.

I read somewhere that the U staff and Davison hadn't had communication for a year? If that's the case I wouldn't say they have that close a relationship. Will be interesting what he decides - for some the allure of the hometown school is great, for others not so much. With him deciding before his football season starts I don't think that bodes well for the Gophers.
Where did you read that? the staff watches all of his AAU games so I doubt the haven't had any communication. I'll agree I don't think he's a priority for the gophers, but will see I guess. Either way, we can't sign all the worthy talent in the state, good players are going to get out, just gotta believer were targeting the right ones

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tweet above referencing Davison. Didn't know he was quite that high on UW...

None of this makes any sense. This will just rile up the anti-Rick crowd.
At this point we are not going to get him. We might have had a chance a year ago. Why bother offering at this point?

Different styles and all, but how many more times are we going to say this about recruits that a team that is now a perennial Final Four contender wants that we apparently have a better prospect than?

There's no one from the state of Minnesota that played a pivotal role on either of Wisconsin's final four teams. It's been four years since a Minnesotan was anything more than a scrub on their roster.

Different styles and all, but how many more times are we going to say this about recruits that a team that is now a perennial Final Four contender wants that we apparently have a better prospect than?
+1. Then we go and offer him anyway even though he isn't a "fit" way to late.

There's no one from the state of Minnesota that played a pivotal role on either of Wisconsin's final four teams. It's been four years since a Minnesotan was anything more than a scrub on their roster.
So what? It doesn't matter if they have had any Minnesota kids on thier roster.

I think the point was the team that goes to final four thinks he is good enough to play for them. Meanwhile the team that didn't win 10 games last year says "he isn't a fit"

He will be a four star the day he accepts his whisky offer!

Should be just offer everyone Wisconsin offers then? Would we rather have Riley Dearring over Nate Mason? Alex Illikainen over Jordan Murphy?

In reference to Marcus tweet about Wisconsin being his dream school. I read the article on scout which I think he is talking about and at no point does it saying anythin about Wisconsin being his dream school.

I think the point was the team that goes to final four thinks he is good enough to play for them. Meanwhile the team that didn't win 10 games last year says "he isn't a fit"

Jesus ****in Christ we have offers out to two PG who are just as good if not better calm your titties

In reference to Marcus tweet about Wisconsin being his dream school. I read the article on scout which I think he is talking about and at no point does it saying anythin about Wisconsin being his dream school.

Marcus must have already been handed the STrib's anti-Gopher mandate. Sarcasm, kind of.

Should be just offer everyone Wisconsin offers then? Would we rather have Riley Dearring over Nate Mason? Alex Illikainen over Jordan Murphy?

Exactly.......I don't understand the outrage here. Any Minnesota kid that doesn't get an offer at the "appropriate" time and this place goes crazy. Obviously Wright and Washington were options 1a and 1b. In time, that evaluation might be correct or it might not be. For now, I wouldn't want to see ten point guard offers if I was either of those two. If it isn't going great with them, you move on to the next options (similar to Mason after Tum Tum, Perkins, and others chose to go elsewhere).

Well this part isn't true since we just offered him. Those comments have only come from people who are guessing, not the coaches/program.

Per Marcus:

Pitino wouldn't offer guys late unless if he feels like there's shot at them. So maybe Davison & Wright playing together is a sell. Idk

Ruppert is still search for $.30/gallon gas for his Studebaker

+1 beeg. I almost said Jimmy Rayl .Btw.....did have a 1974 Buick LaSabre convertible with the big 456 engine. Had to run premium in it. Sold it a few years ago....damn fine car; they just don't make them like they like that anymore.

Ruppert is still search for $.30/gallon gas for his Studebaker

+1 beeg. I almost said Jimmy Rayl .Btw.....did have a 1974 Buick LaSabre convertible with the big 456 engine. Had to run premium in it. Sold it a few years ago....damn fine car; they just don't make them like that anymore.

Top Bottom