All Things Ben Johnson Tweets

Is it true, that you’re a fathead in real life?
No enlargement required🥴?
giphy.gif
ap22327771019626-de3b70bf127135da5291b38f775fdbfba74328e8.jpg

Too much helium that day...

Ben won’t have to be giving away many more tickets if they play like this.
At the least, we can say that we've shored up our biggest glaring weaknesses. Depth, outside shooting, ball-handling, and free throws. I don't think it's a stretch to say that we should double our win total from last year / if not more

Wow! Love that! Thank you Dawson and Parker!

Man, can you imagine if they overproduce again with the number of conference wins AND mark the tournament?

That may finally be enough to get the Anti-Bennites to 🤐 once and for all.

They didn’t have enough humility to do so after their dreadful conference win predictions flopped - the receipts were kept🥳

Man, can you imagine if they overproduce again with the number of conference wins AND mark the tournament?
That would be amazing! I can't blame people for how they feel about this. It is a complex issue and the tendency is to just find one source of the problem. I tend to blame the administration and Coyle, but I have had plenty of days where I have blamed Ben. It's been so frustrating.

That said- I really like Ben saying this now. He needs to communicate more and promote the team. When the fog clears (soon I hope) and we have a full roster, I hope that Ben sets high expectations for this team and communicates to the fans that we have a solid squad and our goal is to make the NCAAs or whatever. No more embracing the suck. No excuses. This is the squad he put together. Make it work and succeed.
It's year 4 and I think he has to raise the bar substantially. If he is wrong and the team flops- he gets fired anyway. There is nothing to lose by being optimistic and setting high expectations at this point.
I want to get pumped chalk full of hope by the coach. I am on the fence on buying season tickets after nearly 30 years straight. The coach needs to tell me why I should continue to believe.

That may finally be enough to get the Anti-Bennites to 🤐 once and for all.

They didn’t have enough humility to do so after their dreadful conference win predictions flopped - the receipts were kept🥳
None of us WANT to see Ben fired. We want a winning product. Ben has never provided that as a player and now a coach.... It's NOT Ben himself....

None of us WANT to see Ben fired. We want a winning product. Ben has never provided that as a player and now a coach.... It's NOT Ben himself....

First off, I never mentioned the word “fired” in my post, but you did, so that apparently reveals your feelings regarding him.

Secondly, I didn’t realize you spoke for the whole board. I’m pretty darn sure, I could dig up numerous posts that would stipulate that some want him fired - I’m not going to waste my time looking for them, but if you want to look in the Disaster Thread, there should be multiple posts regarding it.

There are obviously a core group of posters who fit into that group and they have complained nonstop about Ben since he was hired . So your conclusion is incorrect.

Thirdly, it seems myopic to think that only a certain segment of fans wants a winning product 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

Enjoy the upcoming season😉
I know I will🥳 as I just like everyone else on heer cannot change the coach or the players , but I’m a Minnesota Gophers Fan, through the good, the bad and the ugly; finding joy where I can😃.

Last edited:

First off, I never mentioned the word “fired” in my post, but you did, so that apparently reveals your feelings regarding him.

Secondly, I didn’t realize you spoke for the whole board. I’m pretty darn sure, I could dig up numerous posts that would stipulate that some want him fired - I’m not going to waste my time looking for them, but if you want to look in the Disaster Thread, there should be multiple posts regarding it.

There are obviously a core group of posters who fit into that group and they have complained nonstop about Ben since he was hired . So your conclusion is incorrect.

Thirdly, it seems myopic to think that only a certain segment of fans wants a winning product 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

Enjoy the upcoming season😉
I know I will🥳 as I just like everyone else on her cannot change the coach or the team, but I’m a Minnesota Goohers Fan, through the good, the bad and the ugly; finding joy where I can😃.
All Ben has to do is win... Something he's never been capable of since college. I've said numerous times even in his first year I'll eat crow if he wins more than x amount of games... I came here immediately after he did and said he surpassed my expectations for that year and I'll eat my crow... Still was a last place finish... Same with year 2.. and year 3 we were tied record wise for weakling wed... That's unacceptable..

Players are going to leave every year.... And if we're going to be a poor nil team... We need a coach who can come in and coach them and put the team in the best position to win... Ben clearly doesn't do that.... And if your going to say he did than he can't recruit the right personal to execute... So lets just keep rinsing and repeating it all over and over and over again... If your not going to play the nil game..... Get a coach who can coach up the players and put them in situations to win...... Not run out of gas...

I said it before a competent coach gets last year's team to the ncaas.....

All Ben has to do is win... Something he's never been capable of since college. I've said numerous times even in his first year I'll eat crow if he wins more than x amount of games... I came here immediately after he did and said he surpassed my expectations for that year and I'll eat my crow... Still was a last place finish... Same with year 2.. and year 3 we were tied record wise for weakling wed... That's unacceptable..

Players are going to leave every year.... And if we're going to be a poor nil team... We need a coach who can come in and coach them and put the team in the best position to win... Ben clearly doesn't do that.... And if your going to say he did than he can't recruit the right personal to execute... So lets just keep rinsing and repeating it all over and over and over again... If your not going to play the nil game..... Get a coach who can coach up the players and put them in situations to win...... Not run out of gas...

I said it before a competent coach gets last year's team to the ncaas.....

You didn’t obviously address any of my points in which I was responding to your post, so you basically just changed the argument/ moved goal posts; disingenuous.

If Ben doesn’t do enough to merit a fifth year, then you and the others only have to put up with it for another year - I’m sure you and the fellas can muster up the courage to make it another year without self-combusting, can’t you? If you really live “off the grid” then you should have the requisite backbone to accomplish this with ease Davy😎

Reactions: JDP

No matter the roster, I will always cheer for the M/G. Who knows, maybe this new roster will produce more than 9 BIG wins! I am looking forward to the next two transfers as Ben gets who he can with the huge elephant in the room.

Yup - one can always be disappointed later!

You didn’t obviously address any of my points in which I was responding to your post, so you basically just changed the argument/ moved goal posts; disingenuous.

If Ben doesn’t do enough to merit a fifth year, then you and the others only have to put up with it for another year - I’m sure you and the fellas can muster up the courage to make it another year without self-combusting, can’t you? If you really live “off the grid” then you should have the requisite backbone to accomplish this with ease Davy😎
I haven't moved the goal posts... My goal posts have been in the same spot since Ben was hired... Fucking win..... I get it... People who expect more out of a B1G coach can't have an opinion. He's failed here so far. If by some stroke of immense luck and we make the ncaas I'll have 0 issue with him coming back for a year 5....

It's not about shutting up people with a difference of opinion.. everyone is allowed their own and we can voice it... And we will.. if it bothers you that much just put every "anti Ben" person on ignore.

The reality of this situation is... All he needs to do is win and 99.9% of those "anti Ben" people will zip it as you so put it....

self combusting.... I don't have to worry bout that... We don't put govt regulated foods or medicines into our bodies. Fresh, organic food raised right here, our water comes from our mountain spring, all our meat we raise and butcher with feed we provide for them... Veggies are all heirloom traced back to the great years of the 1800s....

I'll repeat it again and maybe just once it will sink in.... All Ben needs to do... Is FUCKING WIN and guess what... The support will be there, with bodies in the stands and nil $$ to spare

I haven't moved the goal posts... My goal posts have been in the same spot since Ben was hired... Fucking win..... I get it... People who expect more out of a B1G coach can't have an opinion. He's failed here so far. If by some stroke of immense luck and we make the ncaas I'll have 0 issue with him coming back for a year 5....

It's not about shutting up people with a difference of opinion.. everyone is allowed their own and we can voice it... And we will.. if it bothers you that much just put every "anti Ben" person on ignore.

The reality of this situation is... All he needs to do is win and 99.9% of those "anti Ben" people will zip it as you so put it....

self combusting.... I don't have to worry bout that... We don't put govt regulated foods or medicines into our bodies. Fresh, organic food raised right here, our water comes from our mountain spring, all our meat we raise and butcher with feed we provide for them... Veggies are all heirloom traced back to the great years of the 1800s....

I'll repeat it again and maybe just once it will sink in.... All Ben needs to do... Is FUCKING WIN and guess what... The support will be there, with bodies in the stands and nil $$ to spare

I’m going to politely disengage from you hence forth, as there is a disconnect between our communication. I come on here for shite and giggles and not to prove how much I know about sports or to display my intellect.

To not further bog down the board with more nonsense, I’ll just not read or respond to your posts any longer🥳 You won 🏆 champ 💪.

To be fair, all Ben needs to do is *%$#@ win is what we can say about Gopher HC's for a very long time. And the recent coaches have all failed. Just seven NCAA appearances since 1999 and a dismal 2-7 record speaks volumes.

For every Gopher football and basketball coach hired in the past 3-4 decades, I've stated that wining big and often at Minnesota is very difficult and a huge challenge. And since NIL, that challenge has only become much more difficult.

So putting exceedingly high expectations and "all he needs to do is win" on Ben goes against the grain and history of Gopher hoops and is not realistic. So go ahead with your rants if that makes you feel better. That's what this place is for.

Top Bottom