All Things Ben Johnson Tweets

Reader, I think.

I'm guessing it worked out good for the whole squad if Reader could get that 200# bench press up....probably a new record for the kid. Fun stuff! I like these guys.

Or maybe- a little wagering was going on....
Whatever it is, it's definitely team-building. Looks like good chemistry developing

Reader, I think.

I'm guessing it worked out good for the whole squad if Reader could get that 200# bench press up....probably a new record for the kid. Fun stuff! I like these guys.

Or maybe- a little wagering was going on....
Bench press was 215# including the 35# bar.

Okay. Someone will need to explain this to me. Is there a new player in the mix this year? Commitment for next year?
Not sure if serious, Clark. Ben was watching some Tennis. The US Open specifically.

Bench press was 215# including the 35# bar.
2 plates is generally 225.

Bar is 45. My high school football coach used to say 185 bench repeats (a 45 and a 25 on each side) are for high school football players. Reps with 225 (two plates of 45 on each side) are for college football players. I stayed in "college" a long time and always did 2-3 reps of 225 on my birthday. But covid sent me back to high school. Weights don't apply as directly to basketball as to football, but a single 225 bench is a huge milestone, and the guys were pretty excited for him.

I am betting big Jack does 3 plates for his bench reps.

Top Bottom