All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Why have Austin Martin on the team if you’re not gonna play him? You are telling me it’s more important to get at bats for 38 year old Santana or Willie Castro. God love Willie Castro, but he was bad enough the tigers let home go and he’s not the future of the team.

Why have Austin Martin on the team if you’re not gonna play him? You are telling me it’s more important to get at bats for 38 year old Santana or Willie Castro. God love Willie Castro, but he was bad enough the tigers let home go and he’s not the future of the team.
He's batting 9th and in LF today.

Classic Rocco overmanaging. Starter going strong, hasn’t thrown that many pitches, brings in lefty reliever in 6th, lead gone.

Classic Rocco overmanaging. Starter going strong, hasn’t thrown that many pitches, brings in lefty reliever in 6th, lead gone.
I get the thinking but why not just have a short leash with him instead? Have the lefty ready and if there’s a base runner, make the move.

I get the thinking but why not just have a short leash with him instead? Have the lefty ready and if there’s a base runner, make the move.
Rocco is like Bielema - just does what the chart says he should do. God forbid he should ride a starter that is rolling.

The fun part about people like you who want to criticize in hindsight is that you never have to answer for what might have happened if the starter stayed in.
I usually agree and still do to an extent. But the bullpen has lots of injuries. If it’s the full bullpen I make the move 100 times out of 100. As it turned out though, they had a guy that barely made the team face their top hitters the next time around. I’d rather Ober face them than Jackson.

Either way, the blame should continue to be on the atrocious hitting once again.

Hitting is absolutely brutal. 3 hits tonight. I mean, really! But, they really haven't hit since March 1st in spring training. Maybe they suck or approach is totally wrong.

Wallner didn’t hit in spring training. They decided to send down Larnach to remove the pressure. Wallner still can’t hit, so who they gonna send down now?

Twins need to wake up. they about to be 3-7 after this Dodgers series.
Feels like 2021 all ever again. Bad vibes ever since Joe Pohlad and Falvey killed the positive ones right after the season.

i
That was brutal. They weren't going to win 2-1 but Ober was locked in. At least give him one batter in the 6th.
same story different season with Rocco

Welcome to my review of the 1978 Topps baseball card set and the Minnesota Twins. There really are not any Twins superstars in this set other than Rod Carew. It’s easy to see how the Twins weren’t world beaters in the late 1970s.

I am really tired of the Kepler bit. Guy has always been hurt unless there is someone ready to take his job and magically he’s all better. Get his ass off this team.

I am really tired of the Kepler bit. Guy has always been hurt unless there is someone ready to take his job and magically he’s all better. Get his ass off this team.
How quickly we forget how good he was the 2nd half of last year.

Top Bottom