All Things 2024 Daniel Freitag Recruitment Thread (Gophers Have Offered)

It is my understanding of a complex issue that has been macerated and ground up on Buckyville is that Fickell talked to Freitag about playing FB as well as BB.
The June visit to WI is about BB only.
The Fickell gesture was to help get the kid to WI because Gard is on a very hot seat because of his poor recruiting and the dreadful performance of the team last year.

I’m fine with him and his bad head screwing up their team chemistry. Should he decide on Minnesota his head is just fine.

I’m fine with him and his bad head screwing up their team chemistry. Should he decide on Minnesota his head is just fine.
Minnesota is not even recruiting him anymore.

Has it been known for awhile that he’s definitely playing basketball? I thought he was taking football visits as recently as the last 2-3 months, but from the image in the tweet I’m assuming it’s basketball.

Another “Top X”

Will he play two sports?

The Strib is painting this as "Top Basketball Recruit in MN Chooses Wisconsin."

story mentions that Freitag plays AAU ball with Jack Robison of Badger West HS. (oops - that's supposed to be Lakeville North HS).

also - story never says a word about the Gophers previously getting a commit from Asuma as their 2024 PG.

But the story does have this quote from Freitag:

"They haven't offered any other point guards in my grade or surrounding grades, and that showed how much trust they had in landing me," Freitag said. "Coach Gard showed he's all in on me."

"They haven't offered any other point guards in my grade or surrounding grades, and that showed how much trust they had in landing me," Freitag said. "Coach Gard showed he's all in on me."
too funny. i think there are 12 guards on their roster and only a couple are seniors. guessing some of them play point

Once he goes to prep school and not a Minnesota high school is even an In state prospect? Be like his family moved to California. LOL The fact that the Gophers already signed a in state point guard doesn’t fit the Tribs narrative I’m sure. I wouldn’t bet he ever plays for Wisconsin. I doubt they are Miami in NIL offers .

Gard just decreased the temperature of his seat by getting that recruit.
If he gets the so-called #1player in WI his seat will be cool until the AD sees what kind of product he puts on the floor.

The Strib is painting this as "Top Basketball Recruit in MN Chooses Wisconsin."

story mentions that Freitag plays AAU ball with Jack Robison of Badger West HS. (oops - that's supposed to be Lakeville North HS).

also - story never says a word about the Gophers previously getting a commit from Asuma as their 2024 PG.

But the story does have this quote from Freitag:

Asuma is not a PG at the big10 level. He is too slow. In his low level state tournament he couldn’t even dominate and get anywhere on the court when he wanted.

Do I think Freitag is a PG…no. But thinking Asuma is a PG at Big10 level is laughable.

Asuma is not a PG at the big10 level. He is too slow. In his low level state tournament he couldn’t even dominate and get anywhere on the court when he wanted.

Do I think Freitag is a PG…no. But thinking Asuma is a PG at Big10 level is laughable.
Arggghhhh!!!

I’d say he’s a combo guard and he seems to be playing well at the AAU level. Which should be better than the “ low level “ state tournament you took a shot at. Not sure if above average quickness always translates or is required to a good playmaker.

Top Bottom