All Things 2024 Daniel Freitag Recruitment Thread (Gophers Have Offered)

He has a Notre Dame offer for Football. He's #75 basketball recruit and #210 football recruit. 4* in both sports. Most of the stuff seems to lean towards football as of late. We'll see. Sounds like Football at Minnesota or Basketball elsewhere, reading between all the comments and posts.

Sorry I don't have any additional insider info. I went to see him play last night...planned on hanging out with a couple of the coaches afterwards, but other plans got in the way, so I didn't have time to even say hi to them.

Last year, I was thinking he should be the #1 priority for the Gopher staff, after last night, I'm not so sure. And it all has to do with less obvious things I saw.

Several lazy passes that turned into turnovers, and instead of immediately getting back, he would look at his intended pass recipient and make some motion about how they were out of place, their fault, not his...slow to get back on D.

Not many balls on the floor, but he appeared to be disinterested in mucking it up and fighting for a loose ball.

Way too many times did I see something go bad for Jefferson, and he would just roll his eyes, instead of roll up his sleeves and just get back to work.

Jefferson has had a tough go of it lately after starting the year with a little bit of promise, and I don't know what's in the kid's head, but he looked detached from the team. Maybe it's just frustration, or maybe it's something else, but I have no idea what that something else might be.

Long story short, he needs to pick up his game. But remember that he's only a junior, and earlier this year he passed the 1,000 career points mark, and obviously has talent. He has also filled out since last season and looks like a beast. His coaches have never mentioned any attitude problem with him, so I'm guessing it has to do more with the frustration of the season than anything else.

Sorry I don't have any additional insider info. I went to see him play last night...planned on hanging out with a couple of the coaches afterwards, but other plans got in the way, so I didn't have time to even say hi to them.

Last year, I was thinking he should be the #1 priority for the Gopher staff, after last night, I'm not so sure. And it all has to do with less obvious things I saw.

Several lazy passes that turned into turnovers, and instead of immediately getting back, he would look at his intended pass recipient and make some motion about how they were out of place, their fault, not his...slow to get back on D.

Not many balls on the floor, but he appeared to be disinterested in mucking it up and fighting for a loose ball.

Way too many times did I see something go bad for Jefferson, and he would just roll his eyes, instead of roll up his sleeves and just get back to work.

Jefferson has had a tough go of it lately after starting the year with a little bit of promise, and I don't know what's in the kid's head, but he looked detached from the team. Maybe it's just frustration, or maybe it's something else, but I have no idea what that something else might be.

Long story short, he needs to pick up his game. But remember that he's only a junior, and earlier this year he passed the 1,000 career points mark, and obviously has talent. He has also filled out since last season and looks like a beast. His coaches have never mentioned any attitude problem with him, so I'm guessing it has to do more with the frustration of the season than anything else.
Exactly what happened in the Edina game. Blamed teammates for everything.

He commit to UW??? He is super duper competitive, like a killer, and plays high level HS FB. Why aren’t are UM Coaches at ALL the games, it’s a 20 mile drive…..? He that high-maintenance???

Sounds a little like Adam Boone,a great high school basketball player and scorer but really not a PG and not a great enough shooter to play SG in D1 college. Gophers were 3-13 his first year as Gophers PG and 5-11 his last year but there was an injury season in between those two where the Gophers were 10-6 and he didn't play. His stats were always decent but first and foremost I think the PG has to make everyone else better and that is critical.
Yeah that 03-04 team. Boone, Johnson, Mo, Humphries, Bauer, Gaines, Hagen, Robinson and maybe Stamper was still there? Weird year on paper should have been better, remember the three wins being decent wins at the end of the year.

I see him listed as anywhere from 6-1 to 6-3? The best gopher of the last 30 years was a 6-1 sg? Played next to a big 6-3 pg, so I am nit sure who guarded the taller player. This team lacks smaller and quick players. Weird you couldn't recruit both. I believe Asuna is 6-3. Wasn't Westbrook 6-1?
Bobby was big ten defensive player of the year, but Harris was damn good on that end too

He commit to UW??? He is super duper competitive, like a killer, and plays high level HS FB. Why aren’t are UM Coaches at ALL the games, it’s a 20 mile drive…..? He that high-maintenance???
Our offense doesn't use guards. No need.

Top Bottom