All Things 2024-25 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

KAT didn't play 1/4th of the games last season and the Wolves had a better record. How did they manage that then? The days of needing a true center are long gone, and I've never considered KAT a true center because he's not.

Ant plays better with a more free flowing offense anyways. If Rudy went down, they could play with Naz and Randle, or Jaden and Naz, or Jaden and Randle and get by just fine.

I also don't think anyone will give him a max extension just because he's eligible. He turns 30 at the end of next month, and big guys age poorly. No one is giving him close to the 50-60 million per year that KAT will be earning the next 3 years after this one.
With the huge TV money about to kick in, KAT's deal won't even be in the top half of Max contracts 1-2 years from now, especially for a guy his age.

I see Randle about the same as KAT...he'll have some games that will get you jacked and others where you'll want to throw stuff at the boob tube. We're definitely going to miss KAT's length and versatility, though.

I love the acquisition of DD and he made more 3's than KAT did last year. I'm not buying the false narrative that we lost outside shooting in the trade...we gained it.

C Naz
PF Randle
SF McDaniels
SG DiVincenzo
PG Ant

That line-up can really run and almost certainly score at a very efficient level. It should be fun!

Top Bottom