All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

I'm only taking a WR if Vikings scouts thinks the guy has a chance to be elite. Otherwise, theres plenty of WRs laying around that would be adequate.
The Vikings have done a nice job this post season at allowing ourselves to just draft the player they like the best. They could go CB, WR, DT, LB, QB and it would make sense depending upon who fell.

I've seen a mock draft still having Jaxon Smith-Njigba slip to 23, who I think you have to take if he's still available. I've seen another mock where they select Hendon Hooker, where he could sit for a year behind Cousins. I like that idea as well.

No thank you. The Ravens know better than anybody else what he’s worth, and they’re not willing to pay him. In a league where you are mostly defined by QB play, the Ravens are willing to basically let theirs walk away? Best case scenario, Jackson feels burned by the Ravens, they think it’s unfixable, and they’ve resigned themselves to just moving on. But as the saying goes, where there’s smoke there’s fire. I wouldn’t touch him for anywhere close to the money he’ll want.

Last edited:

No thank you. The Ravens know better than anybody else what he’s worth, and they’re not willing to pay him. In a league where you are mostly defined by QB play, the Ravens are willing to basically let theirs walk away? Best case scenario, Jackson feels burned by the Ravens, they think it’s unfixable, and they’ve resigned themselves to just moving on. But as the saying goes, where there’s smoke there’s fire. I wouldn’t touch him for anywhere close to the money he’ll want.
Right, and the whole thing is you need to find a great QB through the draft, which means it's on the cheap. If he's then a generational talent, then yeah you pay him a truckload and try to make it work with the remainder to build up around him.

I just don't understand why the Vikings would want to do this, or how it would even work with their lack of cap space and deferring more of Cousins money.

I just don't understand why the Vikings would want to do this, or how it would even work with their lack of cap space and deferring more of Cousins money.
Plus I've gotta believe it severely hurts the chances of keeping JJ long term.

I like Ham, but paying good money to both a blocking TE and FB seems like a poor use of resources, and a luxury they can’t afford. Go get a Ko Kieft type guy late in the draft and pay them chump change. This team needs to use their money on the defense.
wonder if it helped with the cap for this season

I like Ham, but paying good money to both a blocking TE and FB seems like a poor use of resources, and a luxury they can’t afford. Go get a Ko Kieft type guy late in the draft and pay them chump change. This team needs to use their money on the defense.

The Ham and Josh Oliver signing should tell you where the offense is going next season; definitely more Kyle Shanahan-type offense than McVay's roots from the Rams for KOC. It's going to look slightly different than it did last year, at least it sure seems that way

any decision involving a defensive player - I suspect - is going through Flores. If you hire a new DC, you'd be stupid if you didn't involve him in personnel decisions.

so, until I hear evidence to the contrary, I will go with the idea that Flores didn't think Shelley was a good fit for his system.

or, the Vikes are so tight against the cap that they literally couldn't afford him without making other moves to clear space.

Top Bottom