All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

About a dozen things had to go against us to lose that game.

Two jump balls. Two red zone int. Stuffed twice on a sneak. Hitman completely lost on the 3rd down blitz, allowing Browning to roll out and extend the drive. Giving up 3rd and 21. Darrisaw killing a drive with a false start on 2nd and 1.

Any of those things go out way and we're likely toasting the team tonight on a gritty road victory.
We got some really nice calls on them/no-calls for us.

Darrisaw saw the play clock was about to expire, so was just assuming we weren’t going to take a delay of game.

Speaking of Harrison though, don’t forgot about what should have been an absolute dime of a pass for a long TD but it slipped through the hands of their 4th WR. Completely blown coverage.

I still can’t believe how accurate Brown was today, on the run or getting hit it just didn’t matter. Dimes

I haven't read the post game laments so forgive me for covering what's been covered. (I shouldn't use the word "covered" in reference to anything having to do with the Vikings secondary yesterday. But I digress...)

The team and its HC lost the game together yesterday. Joint effort. Mullens is only a slight upgrade over Dobbs. They might, might, might barely stumble into the playoffs with Mullens and then will be rolled in the opening round on the road. Time to play Hall to see if he and the franchise have a future together.

I haven't read the post game laments so forgive me for covering what's been covered. (I shouldn't use the word "covered" in reference to anything having to do with the Vikings secondary yesterday. But I digress...)

The team and its HC lost the game together yesterday. Joint effort. Mullens is only a slight upgrade over Dobbs. They might, might, might barely stumble into the playoffs with Mullens and then will be rolled in the opening round on the road. Time to play Hall to see if he and the franchise have a future together.
Yup!

Mullens is too turnover prone. That was the problem with Dobbs. So to your point, only a slight improvement. Whats the point of getting trounced in the playoffs with a lemon of a QB? This is a perfect time to give Hall a chance.

I’ve never been one to root for a tank but kinda hard not to think we maybe should’ve when Kirk went down

Brutal. If he just puts his shoulder into him there’s no way he comes down in bounds even if he still catches it.
Obviously thought the throw was going out of bounds.

That’s no excuse. But I’m at least giving that benefit of the doubt over simple laziness.

You might be correct, and yet one and only one objective fact remains as true today as it has in the previous X weeks:

trying to get as many wins as you can this season is the only objectively correct position for our staff to take.

Thus, if Mullens gives a better chance to win over Hall, you start Mullens.

If Hall gives a better chance, you start Hall. But that is the only valid reason to do so.

I’ve never been one to root for a tank
So you can improve your draft position a few and still not draft a franchise QB? More likely, convince yourself the better position means you actually can draft one, and then draft a Trubinsky.

It’s the fakest position to take in all of sports.

So you can improve your draft position a few and still not draft a franchise QB? More likely, convince yourself the better position means you actually can draft one, and then draft a Trubinsky.

Lets trade back and draft a Cine.

You are right though, it's not like qb matters much.

The lower you pick, the better your chances........DUH

Ummm. The onfield motion just done by Baker Mayfield. Oh that is gonna go viral

The absolute million to one anomaly that is Tom Brady’s career has made people think the draft is way more of a crapshoot than it actually is. The majority of elite QBs were taken top 10

The absolute million to one anomaly that is Tom Brady’s career has made people think the draft is way more of a crapshoot than it actually is. The majority of elite QBs were taken top 10
Mahomes was indeed taken #10, by a team that won its division and went 12-4.

Trade up. Done

Your 2024 Vikings starter...

JJ response to this loss so mature. Has the back of all his teammates. No finger pointing. All positive. JJ - Ant - Lewis all so good and all do it the right way

As opposed to having a better pick and using it on someone who turns out to be a nobody?

Vikings have never done that before
The goal is to win the Super Bowl.

It's maybe time to try to get one.

Name a single franchise in modern history that has every obviously tanked (wasn't going to be 1-3 win season anyway) and it worked.

Doubt it has ever happened

Go on? Actual details please.

Also, 1990's. So 30 years ago, is relevant to today? Nope
I wasn't aware it was a debate, you asked a question and I responded with what view as an obvious response. You only asked for 1 and didn't define "modern".

1989 Cowboys went 1-15 racked up draft picks (ie Herschel Walker) via trades and as well as having a top pick and eventually parlayed into 3 Super Bowl trophies. End of story.

Top Bottom