All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Kiriloff batting lead-off?

Ah, ok!

So did the twins really burn Alex Kirilloff for one at bat and take him out against a lefty? If the guys in the majors he needs to be able to try to hit against lefties. You can’t always protect him.

So did the twins really burn Alex Kirilloff for one at bat and take him out against a lefty? If the guys in the majors he needs to be able to try to hit against lefties. You can’t always protect him.
Sure looks to me like the Giants simply pulled a fast one, knowing how the Twins can't help but load up on righties if a LHP starts, so they used a right-handed pitcher to open, then pulled the old switcheroo.

Sure looks to me like the Giants simply pulled a fast one, knowing how the Twins can't help but load up on righties if a LHP starts, so they used a right-handed pitcher to open, then pulled the old switcheroo.
They didn’t pull anything. This was just stupidity by our manager.

I feel like we have 4 players who will hit around 0.800 ops. Buxton, Gallo, Kiriloff, Correa.

Question is who will be the players we can count on to be 0.750 or a little better by the end of the season? Maybe Farmer? Lewis or Julien maybe?

Spencer Steer playing regularly with a 0.777. CES ops is stratospheric at aaa.

Really hurts that Miranda and Larnach have slipped. Also getting zip from our catchers.

Fun with stats:
BA - Arraez .384 and Gallo .209
OPS - Arraez .911 and Gallo .906

Last edited:

So Larnach can’t hit for Castro in that situation. We just have to keep giving at bats to a switch hitting journeymen vs one of our hitting prospects. Make it make sense.

So Larnach can’t hit for Castro in that situation. We just have to keep giving at bats to a switch hitting journeymen vs one of our hitting prospects. Make it make sense.
Lots of stupid decisions in this game!

I know strikeouts don’t matter but 16 of 24 outs without the ball being out in play hardly seems optimal.

Props to Ober and the bullpen for piecing the game together and getting though the rest of the game with no runs. But when you score 2 or less runs in 16 of 48 games you are not going to win many of those.

Plus Jax and Pagan pitched well in a low level situation tonight so they should be ready to blow the next high leverage situation they face.

Last edited:

Burned both Kiriloff and Julien for an opener. This line-up sucks and you get one at bat from your best hitter and zero from another of your best on base guys. Complete managerial incompetence. If they are't going to win this God Awful division I hope they crash and burn so Falvey and Rocco are both fired. Good God.

The manager went ahead and chucked Ober right under the bus. Said that they anticipated Manaea would be the long relief guy, but when they got in a 4-run hole, they needed some urgency to get a couple of those runs back. Typically, a 4-run lead would not be insurmountable, but with this lineup?

What's this about Rocco's contract being extended?

Seriously?

God bless Moran. He gets two big outs and then promptly walks a guy on 4 straight pitches. Of course these bullpen issues would not be so exaggerated if the twins were scoring 5-7 a game as opposed to 2-3 a game.

The giants just did a better job standing there with the bases loaded than the twins can do swinging the bats.

Is it just me or are games starting to climb in length again? Tonight was 2:40 for a 4 to 3 game. I know the twins walked some guys, but for as few hits you would have thought it would be a 2:20 game.

Aroldis Chapman $3.75million

Emilio Pagan $3.5million

It doesn’t take a lot of money to invest in the bullpen yet the front office has refused to every year, except for signing Joe Smith last year.

Aroldis Chapman $3.75million

Emilio Pagan $3.5million

It doesn’t take a lot of money to invest in the bullpen yet the front office has refused to every year, except for signing Joe Smith last year.
There’s a reason Chapman signed with KC this offseason though. He was not good last year.

Top Bottom