All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Robot umps now. Zero reason not to have them.
That Taylor strikeout call was inexcusable.

Aren't we supposed to be excited when Correa and Buxton come to the plate?

YAWN

and they've walked us 8 times in 7 innings, and we have one run. I tend to get a little pissed, but hey, when you can't hit, you can't hit.

Good gawd, 1st and 2nd, and Julien looks at 3 straight strikes. It's almost laughable.

Where is GopherInNyc to remind everyone we are still in first place?

Last edited:

Almost bizarre how bad we are with bases loaded. Are opponents pretty soon going to start walking our first 3 batters every inning? Seems like we either score no runs or the bullpen gives up the lead late. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

41 plate appearances in a 9 inning game and only scoring 1 run is pretty impressive.

We are 8th in both runs scored and ops in the AL.
For the month of May we have to be near the bottom in those categories. Been a rough month with the bats.

Rays beat Dodgers last night 9-3, so they’re 25-5 in their first 30 games, to become only the fifth team since expansion to win 25+ in their first 30.

I really hope they win it all this year!

And on the converse. The As set the MLB record for most loses before June1 with 43, they are now 10-43.
Yuck 🤮

Last edited:

Rays beat Dodgers last night 9-3, so they’re 25-5 in their first 30 games, to become only the fifth team since expansion to win 25+ in their first 30.

I really hope they win it all this year!

And on the converse. The As set the MLB record for most loses before June1 with 43, they are now 10-43.
Yuck 🤮
Huh? 25 and 5? Huh?

After a fast start, is it fair to say Pedro Lopez had been somewhat of a disappointment this season?

After a fast start, is it fair to say Pedro Lopez had been somewhat of a disappointment this season?
Pitchers typically start faster than hitters. Twins must have overlooked that when they tripped over their feet to sign him to an extension.

Do the Twins have the onions?

My Mets were scuffling around below .500, until till recently, when they benched the struggling Escobar at 3B and called up their top catching prospect Alvazez to fill in for their injured backstops, which helped ignite their 🦇.They will also likely soon end calling up their top prospect, an outfielder to play LF and displace Mark Cahana, whose best years were 5 years ago. The youthful energy has propelled them to above.500 now and 2nd behind the Braves and occupying the third spot in the Wild Card.

I don’t know if they can do it, but would love to see the Twins trade Polanco, Kepler and even Larnach, if Wallner continues to rake and get some real bullpen help at the trade line and go for it; fortune favors the bold and let’s harness the young thoroughbreds.

Guru or idiot?
I’ve been called both before , so don’t be shy ☺️.

What a day for Wallner and Julien. Be awesome if their careers really springboarded starting today. We need it.

Do the Twins have the onions?

My Mets were scuffling around below .500, until till recently, when they benched the struggling Escobar at 3B and called up their top catching prospect Alvazez to fill in for their injured backstops, which helped ignite their 🦇.They will also likely soon end calling up their top prospect, an outfielder to play LF and displace Mark Cahana, whose best years were 5 years ago. The youthful energy has propelled them to above.500 now and 2nd behind the Braves and occupying the third spot in the Wild Card.

I don’t know if they can do it, but would love to see the Twins trade Polanco, Kepler and even Larnach, if Wallner continues to rake and get some real bullpen help at the trade line and go for it; fortune favors the bold and let’s harness the young thoroughbreds.

Guru or idiot?
I’ve been called both before , so don’t be shy ☺️.
Like Canha, Polanco and Kepler’s best years are in the rear view mirror and they have little trade value. Larnach may have some value, but I hope they hang onto him and hope he learns to lay off the breaking balls out of the zone.

Like Canha, Polanco and Kepler’s best years are in the rear view mirror and they have little trade value. Larnach may have some value, but I hope they hang onto him and hope he learns to lay off the breaking balls out of the zone.

Really?? Exactly what did you base your premise on?

Polanco has an.811 OPS which ties him For 4th in the MLB at his position; he’s a switch hitter and has a very affordable salary. You won’t find him listed in the MLB link below, due to not having enough ABs to qualify.

You can find his stats on the Twins App. Additionally, he is only 29, is hitting.284 this season and has a higher OPS than his career number of.780. He has lots of value for a lineup as Devon sacked who can rake.

Do u watch many games?

Kepler has value as a 4th OF, who is a plus defender that provides defense flexibility by being able to play CF in addition to the corner OF spots.

The Twins have a glut of corner OFs and if you want to make some noise in the playoffs, then you cannot stand pat IMO or this place will be full of posters complaining about not advancing in the playoffs again.

I also never said that the players would be traded straight up for a quality reliever, it would likely involve multiple players/ prospects.

Last edited:

Really?? Exactly what did you base your premise on?

Polanco has an.811 OPS which ties him For 4th in the MLB; he’s a switch hitter and has a very affordable salary. You won’t find him listed in the MLB link below, due to not having enough ABs to qualify.

You can find his stats on the Twins App. Additionally, he is only 29, is hitting.284 this season and has a higher OPS this season, than his career number of.780.

Do u watch many games?

Kepler has value as a 4th OF, who is a plus defender that provides defense flexibility by being able to play CF in addition to the corner OF spots.

The Twins have a glut of corner OFs and if you want to make some noise in the playoffs, then you cannot stand pat IMO or this place will be full of posters complaining about not advancing in the playoffs again.

I also never said that the players would be traded straight up for a quality reliever, it would likely involve multiple players/ prospects.
Both are on the IL as much (or more) than they play. Aging catches up with everyone, some faster than others. The Twins have been trying to dump Kepler for some time but no takers. He can’t run to first without pulling or straining something. You’re correct about having to trade prospects - rebuilding teams with bullpen assets to trade are looking for prospects, not players on the downsides of their careers.

Last edited:

BA with risp:
Buxton 0.147
Correa 0.175
Rest of team 0.281

Top Bottom