All Things 2023-24 Minnesota Wild In-Season Thread

Ugh. Digging that hole deep. Three straight losses. Key players injured all over the lineup. Need some em-effing wins badly. Lots of them.

Ugh. Digging that hole deep. Three straight losses. Key players injured all over the lineup. Need some em-effing wins badly. Lots of them.
Kaprizov now put on IR. Personally I don’t see them making the playoffs. In fact I’ll be shocked if they do

The Wild line-up last night looked like the Florida State line-up against Georgia.

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- — Defenseman Darren Raddysh scored his first two goals of the season and Victor Hedman had a power-play goal in the Tampa Bay Lightning's 4-1 victory over the injury-ravaged Minnesota Wild on Thursday..

The Wild might as well have hosted this game in Iowa, where their AHL affiliate plays, given how many minor-leaguers they needed to fill out their lineup with their recent rash of injuries.

Goalie Filip Gustavsson, defensemen Jonas Brodin and Jared Spurgeon, and forwards Marcus Foligno, Kirill Kaprizov, Vinni Lettieri and Mats Zuccarello were all unavailable. Just a week ago, only Brodin and Zuccarello were sidelined from the group that
includes two first-line wings, the most experienced pair of blue-liners and their primary netminder. Oh, and all three of their captains..

The Wild beat the Blue Jackets in Columbus, 4-3 in overtime.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Wild had more than one reason to celebrate.

After getting Mats Zuccarello back from injury, they rallied in overtime 4-3 against the Blue Jackets on Saturday at Nationwide Arena to snap their four-game losing streak and move Marc-Andre Fleury into a tie with Patrick Roy for the second-most wins in NHL history at 551.

Martin Brodeur is the all-time leader at 691.

Marco Rossi broke a 3-3 tie with 1 minute, 55 seconds remaining in overtime after a dribbler from Marcus Johansson rolled between the legs of Columbus goalie Daniil Tarasov with 1:32 left in the third period to force extra time.

Seconds earlier, the Blue Jackets' Justin Danforth missed an empty net as Fleury dived to get back in position after trying to get to the Wild bench for an extra attacker. Fleury also made a sharp glove save against Yegor Chinakhov on the shift before Rossi's game-winner.

Cole Sillinger supplied all Columbus' offense with a hat trick.

Fleury finished with 25 saves in a season-high fourth straight start, and Tarasov totaled 33..

Last edited:

What a way for Fleury to get his 551st win last night. The way he he dove to save that shot when time was running out to that glove save was simply incredible

Need another coach change to get the bump in play. I don’t like the Boldy that is currently on display. Way too much just easy going and gliding ala Charlie Coyle.

That can’t be any good. The stars are so mind bleeping the wild right now. Dallas just lets them skate around and take penalties all while cashing in on the power play.

That was one embarrassing game last night. Folks should of gotten a refund when leaving the X

For waiting so long to call up Wallstedt and then you throw him into the lions den playing in Dallas with a team of scrubs. I don’t understand that thinking.

For waiting so long to call up Wallstedt and then you throw him into the lions den playing in Dallas with a team of scrubs. I don’t understand that thinking.
I was thinking the same thing. Nothing like ruining his confidence in game 1 of his nhl career

A new opponent, scrambled lines and chance at history couldn't help the Wild achieve a different outcome.

They dropped a third straight game on Friday when the Flyers rallied 4-3 in overtime at Xcel Energy Center for the Wild's seventh loss over their last eight.

Next up is a crucial Central Division matchup with the Coyotes on Saturday in St. Paul.

Philadelphia's Joel Farabee scored the tiebreaker during a 4-on-3 power play with 1 minute, 24 seconds left in overtime to cap off the Flyers' comeback that erased a two-goal deficit in the third period.

Goaltender Carter Hart finished with 26 saves, while Marc-Andre Fleury had 31 while remaining tied with Patrick Roy for the second-most wins in NHL history at 551; this was Fleury's second attempt at passing Roy since tying him last Saturday with a 4-3 overtime thriller at Columbus.

That victory ended the Wild's four-game losing streak, but another skid started right after beginning with consecutive blowouts by Dallas on Monday and Wednesday..

Rossi between those two make no sense. either he centers the top 2 lines or trade his ass. He is learning nothing playing with Foglino and Maroon.

They suck. Too bad they can’t trade away people like Hartman, Mats, and Foglino cause of the no move clauses. Honestly outside of Khrill no one on this roster should be off limits. They need to tear it down.

They suck. Too bad they can’t trade away people like Hartman, Mats, and Foglino cause of the no move clauses. Honestly outside of Khrill no one on this roster should be off limits. They need to tear it down.
I've read a couple articles that stated there are a few playoff bound teams looking for a Top 6 forward and they have JEE high on their wish list.

It would surprise me if the players you mentioned wouldn't agree to waive their NTC to move on to a better team. Realistically, the Wild just can't compete until Parise and Suter's contracts come off the books.

I've read a couple articles that stated there are a few playoff bound teams looking for a Top 6 forward and they have JEE high on their wish list.

It would surprise me if the players you mentioned wouldn't agree to waive their NTC to move on to a better team. Realistically, the Wild just can't compete until Parise and Suter's contracts come off the books.
It all depends. All 3 of those guys can simply go through the motions and not have a worry in the world.

Side note stop wearing these jerseys all the time. You are not the north stars anymore they are down in Dallas.

Less sucky players telling the sucky players to not suck as much. Honestly not sure Billy G survives this season. Bad product on the ice and he seems like he’s got some off ice issues too.

Guerin isn’t going anywhere. He will be allowed to see this through to salary cap freedom. As he should. He has done an excellent job. This team has had too many injuries to sustain anything.

Guerin isn’t going anywhere. He will be allowed to see this through to salary cap freedom. As he should. He has done an excellent job. This team has had too many injuries to sustain anything.
I almost wonder if Guerin has assurances from Leopold that he will survive the cap hit seasons.

I almost wonder if Guerin has assurances from Leopold that he will survive the cap hit seasons.
I think something quite close to that, yes. The moves wouldn’t have been made without reasonable assurances he would have a chance to see it through, barring complete meltdown.

Top Bottom