All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

How long do they wait to tell us what time they play Sunday? Waiting on if the Knicks take care of business tonight?

Do I watch the game at a friend's house, at a bar, or holed up alone in the master bedroom? I don't know what to do. That will be my biggest decision this weekend.

For those who are wondering?

The largest win for a team facing elimination was:

The Minneapolis Lakers, who beat the St. Louis Hawks 133-75 on March 19, 1956 at the Minneapolis Auditorium. Not only was it biggest blowout in an elimination game, it is also tied with Denver's blowout of New Orleans in 2009 for the biggest blowout in NBA Playoff history.

Bad new, they lost 116-115 to be eliminated the next game. The Lakers couldn't stop Bob Pettit, who went off for 41 points.

But that means the 2 most lopsided games to stave off elimination both took place in Minneapolis

Last edited:

So who do we get Sunday? Rudy’s buddy Scott foster or Tony Brothers. Give me Scott foster.
It's very unfortunate that the lead referee chosen for the game will play a big role in determining the outcome. Davis lets the team play which allows the wolves to be aggressive defensively. It's not a coincidence that they've won the three games he's reffed. Brothers calls everything, which is perfect for Jokic. Foster calls everything, has vendettas against certain players (see: Gobert, Rudy) and he had a very, very close relationship with Tim Donahey. That doesn't inspire confidence in his neutrality.

I didn’t say that either. I said it was a perfect storm. After those first two games going the way they did, Denver ended up being the team that needed that long break and it came right when they needed it. And then you throw in the ridiculous NBA decision on Murray, and things were looking up for the old Nuggets.

And with all that said, the Timberwolves have their chance to flip the script once again tomorrow night. I hope they do.
And flip the script they did!!

This was the largest loss by a defending champ in the playoffs ever, 45; the previous largest loss by one was 36 🤠

It's very unfortunate that the lead referee chosen for the game will play a big role in determining the outcome. Davis lets the team play which allows the wolves to be aggressive defensively. It's not a coincidence that they've won the three games he's reffed. Brothers calls everything, which is perfect for Jokic. Foster calls everything, has vendettas against certain players (see: Gobert, Rudy) and he had a very, very close relationship with Tim Donahey. That doesn't inspire confidence in his neutrality.

Gotta focus on what you can control, not on what you cannot

Has there ever been a series in any sport that has gone 7 games where the games have all felt so lopsided? I don't remember ever watching one like this.
On average over 6 games, the winning team has won by an average of over 21 points (128 total point final score differential). Crazy.

Pacers 116 Knicks 103.

Sunday's schedule..
.Game 7 -- IND @ NYK 2:30 PM CT (ABC)
Game 7 -- MIN @ DEN 7:00 PM CT (TNT)

Boo. I don't think the Denver crowd was going to have an issue getting all riled up, but I'd have preferred to give them only until 1:30 local time to do it.

Boo. I don't think the Denver crowd was going to have an issue getting all riled up, but I'd have preferred to give them only until 1:30 local time to do it.
Naw, that time is perfect for weekend wind down time. Win this and it’s time to crank me some Breakin’ the Chains!’

He gets to play 1992 ball and whoever is guarding him has to be in 2024.

And if refs do let the defender body up, Jokic is good about baiting fouls. Think you really need a phyiscal, but smart defender on Jokic. I think Draymond Green does really good on him
I was curious about this. Draymond gets worked over by Jokic also.

Nikola Jokic vs. Draymond Green​

Regular Season: 25.4 PPG, 12.0 RPG, 10.0 APG, 1.6 SPG, 0.4 BPG

Playoffs: 31.0 PPG, 13.2 RPG, 5.8 APG, 1.6 SPG, 1.0 BPG

Dallas knock off Oklahoma City.

The winner of tomorrow night game 7 between Minnesota/Denver get home court in the WCF.

Kyrie is now 14-0 in Closeout games.

Mavs only have two of their players from when they were in the Western Conference Finals two years ago. Luca vs. Ant would be amazing mano et mano matchup.

Last edited:

Top Bottom