All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

And they did it with 0 points from McDaniel!

I guess Ant has a new challenge. MJ never lost focus. He was completely driven. Absurdly driven. I think this talk about Ant as the next MJ is way premature. It could also cause him to lose focus. Not getting distracted by the MJ talk is one of his new challenges.

Ant's going to be just fine

DENVER -- — Anthony Edwards scored a playoff career-high 43 points, Naz Reidhad 14 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter and the Minnesota Timberwolves beat the defending NBA champion Denver Nuggets 106-99 in Game 1 of the second-round series Saturday night.

Edwards was unstoppable in the first half, scoring 25 points, and Reid took over in the fourth quarter. Karl-Anthony Towns had 20 points despite dealing with foul trouble.

Game 2 is Monday night in Denver.

Three days after undergoing knee surgery, Timberwolves coach Chris Finch was on the bench in the second row, next to the scorer’s table and behind assistant coach Micah Nori, who did the instructing, roaming and switching.

Two-time NBA MVP Nikola Jokic had 32 points, eight rebounds and nine assists for Denver, but also had seven turnovers. Jamal Murray scored 17 points after being held scoreless in the first half.

Tied at 84, the Timberwolves went on an 18-7 run to break it open. Reid had 10 straight points for the Timberwolves at one point during the pivotal stretch..

Barkley quote…

“you see Ant fighting a bear, you better help the bear!”

That was awesome.

Ant calling Mike Conley, Sir. :love: Bringing him in last year was a brilliant move. Not only does he appear to be a super good dude....but he's also clearly taking an active role in mentoring Ant.

Minnesota Timberwolves star Anthony Edwards went off in Game 1 vs. the Denver Nuggets, finishing with 43 points in the series opener win. With the 43-point game, Edwards joined Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant as the only other player in NBA history with consecutive 40-point playoff games at age 22 or younger.

He has to score.

Ant is not going to get 43 every time.

The way Ant is playing right now he might.

Despite the 0 points, McDaniels was still +14 yesterday, second highest on the team. He pretty much shut down Murray when he was on him.

Neither should be a tech. It's as though Ant was called for being a "meany".
In the world of 2024 I am not sure pretending to shot someone is appropriate. Especially given some of the issues that the league has had with guns.

Least amount of offensive rebounds for the Nuggets since New Year’s Day 2023

As Joker said in his presser, about how to defeat the three headed 👹 guarding him, “You need to clone me.”

He plays some bad azz bully ball, but no one can keep that up for 40 minutes in a seven game series when you got Rudy/KAT/NAZ fresh on you and giving you different defensive looks.

One of the wolves biggest weaknesses this year has been constant whining at the refs. It costs them points because they don't get calls and because they don't get back on defense because they are jawing at the refs.

They have reduced the whining about 90% during the playoffs and I think it makes a difference. It might be a difference on the margin, but in the playoffs that can be enough.

One of the wolves biggest weaknesses this year has been constant whining at the refs. It costs them points because they don't get calls and because they don't get back on defense because they are jawing at the refs.

They have reduced the whining about 90% during the playoffs and I think it makes a difference. It might be a difference on the margin, but in the playoffs that can be enough.

You have a very good point. The 90% is an exaggeration, particularly since the Wolves were the best team defensively during the regular season, but don't know if it's because of a league directive on "playoff basketball" or a crackdown on the constant complainers or both.

Embid, LeBron, Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Powell, Green, Butler, Booker and Beal are all big time whiners who always were ragging on the Refs. Begging for calls and railing against the fouls called on them.

They are now all out of the playoffs.

Now we just need Caldwell-Pope, Gordon and Porter to join them.

As Joker said in his presser, about how to defeat the three headed 👹 guarding him, “You need to clone me.”

He plays some bad azz bully ball, but no one can keep that up for 40 minutes in a seven game series when you got Rudy/KAT/NAZ fresh on you and giving you different defensive looks.
You can wear them down, but 4 days off until game 3 is complete bullschit.

My biggest concern going into the playoffs was the maturity level they would have. That worry was squashed right away in the Phoenix series. They played it cool the whole way. Same thing on Saturday. It was like a switch was hit and they are now the most mature team around. Super happy about it.

Top Bottom