All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Outscored 67-34 in the second half. So many players with horseshit effort.

I gave up early in the 4th quarter. a much better horror movie - the remake of "The Blob," was on HD Net movies.

it's just pathetic. 1st half - move the ball, get teammates involved, run the court, build up a big lead.

2nd half - the player with the ball goes 1-on-5 while the other 4 Wolves stand on the perimeter and watch. KAT went back to the kamikaze drive to the basket routine.

Zero self-awareness.

I saw extremely slow feet on both sides. Defensively, they literally can't stop any penetration. Playing big can't stop people who can put the ball on the floor.

Offensively, one guy can put the ball on the floor and create. That's it. Conley is old and done. He really doesn't do much. The wolves have a huge point guard problem.

I was begging to trade Towns this off season.

Howeda, I saw some slow feet. Cheer me up.

Also, I've about had it with Finch. Murray is just going nuclear, and we do nothing to stop him. Are you allowed to double? Mix it up somehow. On the other hand, our guys can't or won't defend.

Last edited:

I gave up early in the 4th quarter. a much better horror movie - the remake of "The Blob," was on HD Net movies.

it's just pathetic. 1st half - move the ball, get teammates involved, run the court, build up a big lead.

2nd half - the player with the ball goes 1-on-5 while the other 4 Wolves stand on the perimeter and watch. KAT went back to the kamikaze drive to the basket routine.

Zero self-awareness.
The first half, the wolves were so on fire that it was amazing. I keep thinking, if we weren't shooting out of our minds, we could have been run by 30 or 40.

Bally's wasn't working for us so we couldn't watch. KFAN had a Vikings show followed by the Lions/Raiders game. Meant we only could follow on the computer or Box Score. Checked periodically in the 1st Half thought that damn, they're playing like they should. Knew the 70% shooting wouldn't last, but still.

Then the 2nd Half happened. Geesus. That was awful.

Blowing leads in the 3rd quarter came to light during the playoff series at Memphis. They over-reacted to this, thinking the root of the problem was interior defense and rebounding so they gave up piles and piles of picks and players for Rudy. There have been all sorts of roster turnover since then as well. It's a player problem and it's a coaching problem. The next time Chris Finch stops the other team from going on a run will be the first time.

The team has no leadership both on the coaching side and player side. They get into the locker room at halftime every single game and go to sleep. This has been a problem for many seasons.

The team has no leadership both on the coaching side and player side. They get into the locker room at halftime every single game and go to sleep. This has been a problem for many seasons.
I will maintain that in the second half the defense picks up. Once the Hawks cut into the lead, their defense picked up dramatically. Conley can't create his own shot. Rudy can't! Jaden or NAW can't. KAT can't as he basically hangs the perimeter. Ant is the only one who can and they gang up on him.

It's a lack of people who can create that cause this. I don't know how you fix it.

I will maintain that in the second half the defense picks up. Once the Hawks cut into the lead, their defense picked up dramatically. Conley can't create his own shot. Rudy can't! Jaden or NAW can't. KAT can't as he basically hangs the perimeter. Ant is the only one who can and they gang up on him.

It's a lack of people who can create that cause this. I don't know how you fix it.
Finch is the common denominator here. They have no structure on offense. He has no set plays. Towns has no meaning out there. If there was one guy that needs structure, its KAT. But he gets to be a free range chicken to his detriment.

We just gave Jaden almost 30 million a year and he cant create his own shot? Great.

I saw a lot of people online complaining that the BSN app or stream wasn't working.

I still have cable TV, and the BSN HD feed wasn't working, so I had to watch the game on SD, which really stinks when you're used to a better picture.

no idea if the issues are tied to the Diamond bankruptcy, but when an organization is having financial issues, it wouldn't be surprising if they were trying to cut back on expenses by cutting back on maintenance and engineering.

I saw a lot of people online complaining that the BSN app or stream wasn't working.

I still have cable TV, and the BSN HD feed wasn't working, so I had to watch the game on SD, which really stinks when you're used to a better picture.

no idea if the issues are tied to the Diamond bankruptcy, but when an organization is having financial issues, it wouldn't be surprising if they were trying to cut back on expenses by cutting back on maintenance and engineering.

I'm not sure why sports fans still try to stream all of the games. At this point, cable is your cheapest and most reliable option.

I'm not sure why sports fans still try to stream all of the games. At this point, cable is your cheapest and most reliable option.
I tried to go back to cable. But it was like $35 per month in fees and taxes. Made sticking with youtubetv materially cheaper

Finch is the common denominator here. They have no structure on offense. He has no set plays. Towns has no meaning out there. If there was one guy that needs structure, its KAT. But he gets to be a free range chicken to his detriment.

We just gave Jaden almost 30 million a year and he cant create his own shot? Great.

Time and time again.....better coaches make in-game adjustments and Finch stands there with a dopey look on his face as the game flips 180. Then you have KAT who gives only partial effort on defense and Rudy who plays like he's missing three fingers on each hand. This team simply isn't built to win at a high level. They need to make some big changes.....because Ant is a superstar and it would suck to waste his potential tied to a guy like KAT who's wasted his own.

I tried to go back to cable. But it was like $35 per month in fees and taxes. Made sticking with youtubetv materially cheaper

My xfinity bill is $130/mo for 1 gig internet and a top cable package. Every time I run the numbers for internet and the streaming packages I need to get a similar product, it comes out similar or higher, so I just stick with cable. Plus it's more reliable and convenient, or maybe I'm just getting old.

Knowing at least one person will be insulted by this.....The Wolves are a dumb team!

Bally with an update - courtesy of Front Office Sports:

On Monday, the Bally Sports app across the United States — at minimum in Michigan, Minnesota, North Texas, and Wisconsin — would not allow users to sign in and stream games, preventing many potential viewers from watching NBA and NHL games in those markets. Cable and satellite users in those markets were reportedly not affected.

“Our service provider experienced a widespread outage that impacted multiple partners,” Bally said in a statement released on social media Monday. “As it comes back online, signing in to Bally Sports will be impacted. We are currently working with our service provider on resolving this issue. We apologize and thank you for your patience.”

The issue is rooted in third-party identity service Okta, who informed Bally that it was having a widespread issue across several of its clients that prevented users from signing in to services, according to the Detroit Free Press.

As of press time, Bally Sports’ customer service has not announced a resolution to the problem.

Bally with an update - courtesy of Front Office Sports:

On Monday, the Bally Sports app across the United States — at minimum in Michigan, Minnesota, North Texas, and Wisconsin — would not allow users to sign in and stream games, preventing many potential viewers from watching NBA and NHL games in those markets. Cable and satellite users in those markets were reportedly not affected.

“Our service provider experienced a widespread outage that impacted multiple partners,” Bally said in a statement released on social media Monday. “As it comes back online, signing in to Bally Sports will be impacted. We are currently working with our service provider on resolving this issue. We apologize and thank you for your patience.”

The issue is rooted in third-party identity service Okta, who informed Bally that it was having a widespread issue across several of its clients that prevented users from signing in to services, according to the Detroit Free Press.

As of press time, Bally Sports’ customer service has not announced a resolution to the problem.
was going to do a free trial tonight. Might have to do a free trial of Fubo instead

It's quiet so either I'm the only one with Bally issues again or everyone is having them and nobody knows what's happening in the game.

It's quiet so either I'm the only one with Bally issues again or everyone is having them and nobody knows what's happening in the game.

We couldn't get in either, but unlike last night at least they are on KFAN.

Probably quiet because the Wolves are up by 23 with 6:21 remaining in the 4th over the 4-0 Denver Nuggets. If the Wolves lose it will really be hopping around here.🙂

With 3:38 left in the game both teams have emptied their benches. At 3:11 it's 99 - 83 Wolves.

Great bounce back win, dominated literally from the opening tip.

Howl Wolves!!
the wolves match up extremely well with the nuggets!

They don't play with that explosive offense out front.

the wolves are the weirdest team ever. They have just beaten handily the two teams in the finals last year..........and get beat by two teams you'd think they'd beat.

Last edited:

Top Bottom