All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

Kwesi is very well spoken. I enjoyed the fact he talked about value. Not in accumulating picks, but rather not taking a guy too early just because you like him. Is the value there?

If they stay at 12 and don't draft a WR, I think it'll be Jordan Davis.

If they pick a WR, I'd rather have Wilson or Olave over Williams.

If they move back a few I'm guessing they'll take McDuffie.

I have no idea what they are doing. Everything is on the table. And since i don't understand the intricacies of a 3 4 defense yet, I hae no opinion on that side where i think they need the most help.

On offense, if they think one of these 3 truly are game changing WRs, pick him. AT is getting oldet and JJ might have to get traded if he's asking for the moon. Id also have no problem taking any OL

If they stay at 12 and don't draft a WR, I think it'll be Jordan Davis.

If they pick a WR, I'd rather have Wilson or Olave over Williams.

If they move back a few I'm guessing they'll take McDuffie.
All three (3) options are quite realistic. It's likely that Wilson goes to ATL and I like Jameson Williams more than Olave but he's no slouch. If we moved back 4-6 spots, pick up an extra 3rd doing so and add McDuffie to our secondary, that would be just fine by me.

I say trade 12 to KC for 29 and 30. :cool:
I was open to this before the draft. Was a little befuddled by their trade, thinking they should have got more. However, they basically received similar value. Perhaps, I’ll we need to give the new GM a little leeway on his first negotiation. A 4th rdr next year would have been nice.

Cine was just on PA and I love him, I think he is going to be a stud.

SI chimes in:

Vikings

MINNESOTA

Vikings​

FROM Los Angeles Rams
FROM Detroit Lions

B

Lewis Cine​

LB | Georgia

Cine is an outstanding athlete with good size who could be a long-term replacement for Harrison Smith. He ran a 4.37 40-yard dash at the combine and led all safeties in the broad jump (11'1"). He’s a smart defender and sees the game well. Cine delivers some big hits in run support and is a reliable tackler in space with sideline-to-sideline range.

Skol Vikes!!

Kwesi is very well spoken. I enjoyed the fact he talked about value. Not in accumulating picks, but rather not taking a guy too early just because you like him. Is the value there?
When was the last time you called a white person "well spoken?" Seriously.

Certainly not Childress, Zimmer or Spielman!

Kinda refreshing to have a Head Coach and a GM where you don't have to keep asking "What?"

well, I read evaluations from three different systems that attempt to assess the value of draft picks.

the consensus is that the Vikings had a small net gain in their deal with the Lions. after you calculate the value of what the Vikings gave up, and what they got in return, the draft value shows a net gain for the Vikings equivalent to a 3rd-round or early 4th-round pick.

so the Vikes move down 20 spots in the 1st round, and the net gain is a 3rd or 4th-round pick? that's peanuts. moving down like that should get you at least a 2nd-round if not a 1st-round pick in return.

I posted this elsewhere, but I saw a short presser Kwesi did after the pick. He looked like some wide-eyed kid who is making his first trip to the big city. He seemed over-whelmed by the experience.
and of course, a lot of his answers were about collaboration, culture and process.

count me as not impressed.

I'm liking the Cine pick more and more. Especially after listening to his interview with PA during nine to noon. Really well spoken guy. Seems to be pretty damn smart and laid back at the same time. Confident without coming off as cock. Really impressive.

I'm liking the Cine pick more and more. Especially after listening to his interview with PA during nine to noon. Really well spoken guy. Seems to be pretty damn smart and laid back at the same time. Confident without coming off as cock. Really impressive.

In the interview he was very impressive, especially for a 21 year old kid.

This is stupid, we are becoming the joke of the division. They pretty much gave up a first rounder to the Packers.
If we draft 4 CB's surely one of them will be able to cover the WR we just handed them.

Top Bottom