All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

Bringing in meh CB's because they know the new DC's scheme, feels like Mackensie Alexander coming back because he knew what Zim wanted.
Exactly right. They have no money for a real difference maker anywhere else. Davis is a really bad OL and these other guys are scrubs at CB.

Hairston is at least an upgrade over Harrison Hand and co.

Just like Sullivan is an upgrade over Alexander.

These are all depth signings that make sense. It allows them to draft the best player available regardless of position.

The Vikings defense just needs to be upgraded from bad to average. They are well on their way to doing that.

well, it certainly seems as if the Vikes believe that they can get better performance out of players through different schemes and techniques.

or at least, that's what they are saying publicly.

let's see what the roster looks like after the draft. if they make good choices in the draft, and come away with a starting-caliber CB and a starting-caliber OG or C, it changes the perception. I still think they are really thin at LB if they're going to a 3-4 - unless they see Hunter as a LB in the new system.

saw some "expert" on Twitter claiming the Vikes may be looking to sign another Safety in free agency to provide depth.

well, it certainly seems as if the Vikes believe that they can get better performance out of players through different schemes and techniques.

or at least, that's what they are saying publicly.

let's see what the roster looks like after the draft. if they make good choices in the draft, and come away with a starting-caliber CB and a starting-caliber OG or C, it changes the perception. I still think they are really thin at LB if they're going to a 3-4 - unless they see Hunter as a LB in the new system.
Defensive ends in a 3-4 are typically 290+ lbs. hunter is a pass rushing Olb!

Defensive ends in a 3-4 are typically 290+ lbs. hunter is a pass rushing Olb!
Right, you basically have 3 defensive tackles in a 3-4. The "ends" line up I think head-up on the OT's or perhaps inside shaded. Then the nose is an even huger guy lined up on the center.

The OLB's are on the line of scrimmage, outside the OT or the TE if there is one on that side, and are closer to what you normally would think of as a DE in a 40 front.

I think

What the heck happened with Wyatt Davis??

He can't be that bad?? 2x All-Big Ten, 2x All-American, and Big Ten OL of the year in 2020.
Injured in fall camp and was just never able to catch up, which I understand is more common than people think. He got behind and just was never able to physically and/or technically catch up after getting so far behind.

I wouldn't write him off yet by any means.

Brady got LeBron power.

Brady is also the o coordinator with Bowles (who i wanted vikes to consider as HC) running the defense
I'm a huge Bowles fan also, said a number of times here I wished the Vikes would consider him.

This is exactly how I expected Arians to check out; on his terms and being able to control sliding one of his Coordinators in his place. I just wasn't sure when. Arians is one interesting cat; he's a drunk f'ng asshole, but the man does a lot of good things and his teams are sure fun to watch.

As far as Leftwich getting passed over, he will likely get his chance. But being a good OC or DC does not a good HC make, people want to assume that for some reason. It just isn't so. Lots of people have spent a lot of time as Coordinators, either never getting a shot or it taking forever to get a chance. Don Martindale has been an incredible DC forever and he's never gotten a look. It took Zim forever to get his chance, the list is long

Hoping Bowles kills it in TB

With Peterson coming back for a year.........I think this opens up the possibility of not going corner in round 1.

This draft is deep at corner.

I don't know why, but I just have this hunch that they go wide receiver.

Top Bottom