All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

Okay, full disclosure being a Raiders tix holder so this will be a little slanted but I would defend the haul for Adams over Hill easily, for a number of reasons.

- Adams is just plain one of the best if not the best WR in the NFL, and apparently a HUGE high character guy

Let's see what happens when he doesn't have Rodgers throwing him the ball.

I predict he will be another in a line of Packers receivers who is underwhelming after leaving Green Bay.

There's rumors that Tom Brady is trying to engineer a trade to the Dolphins. Not sure how that would work with their salary cap...

I think this season depends on getting a stud corner in the first round and hopefully a starting guard in second round. If they do that and stay healthy then anything is possible.

Let's see what happens when he doesn't have Rodgers throwing him the ball.

I predict he will be another in a line of Packers receivers who is underwhelming after leaving Green Bay.
At his age, there is a sizable chance they are regretting that trade in year 3 of his deal. Based on history, the likelihood of him still being worth his salary in year 3 is pretty low.

I think this season depends on getting a stud corner in the first round and hopefully a starting guard in second round. If they do that and stay healthy then anything is possible.
The best wide receiver in the draft could be on the board. I'm starting to think on that.

Vikings are not drafting a receiver in the 1st round of this year draft period.

Vikings are not drafting a receiver in the 1st round of this year draft period.

99% chance you're right. But WR was one of the lowest needs for the Bengals last year and they took Chase at 5 when everyone thought they would draft OL.

Chase immediately became a star and they made the Super Bowl with one of the worst OL's in the NFL.

Theilen isn't getting any younger. I would not be mad about a Wilson or Olave pick in the first round.

99% chance you're right. But WR was one of the lowest needs for the Bengals last year and they took Chase at 5 when everyone thought they would draft OL.

Chase immediately became a star and they made the Super Bowl with one of the worst OL's in the NFL.

Theilen isn't getting any younger. I would not be mad about a Wilson or Olave pick in the first round.
If you have a chance to draft a star, in most cases, you just go with it

There is a chance to the top receiver is still there. I'm unsure about corner. There could be two of the top corners off the board.

There is nothing in the interior of the 0-line that they'd take.

And yes, Theilen is getting up there.

I think the draft is about a month away.

Plus, we know the cheeseheads are going to be desperate to get a receiver. By plucking one ourselves, well..............

on CB, a lot depends on whether Patrick Peterson comes back. If he does, they could potentially line up with Peterson and Danzler at CB and the new guy in the slot.

So, I suppose they could go another way with the 1st-round pick. But unless there is a C or G who is a can't-miss sure thing, you can (or should be able to) pick up a decent OL in the 2nd or 3rd round.

And, if Peterson does not come back, they almost have to draft a CB and that player needs to be able to start on week #1.

So, if I had to bet, I would still say CB in the 1st round.

on CB, a lot depends on whether Patrick Peterson comes back. If he does, they could potentially line up with Peterson and Danzler at CB and the new guy in the slot.

So, I suppose they could go another way with the 1st-round pick. But unless there is a C or G who is a can't-miss sure thing, you can (or should be able to) pick up a decent OL in the 2nd or 3rd round.

And, if Peterson does not come back, they almost have to draft a CB and that player needs to be able to start on week #1.

So, if I had to bet, I would still say CB in the 1st round.
I'd bet on cb, also.

I've got wide receiver as the second option.

This draft is supposed to be deep at corner, so what about trading back. Maybe around 12 is where someone wants a qb and will move up.

The '98 Vikings say "Hi" too.

I'm seeing some tweets claiming that the Vikes plan to/hope to sign another free agent O-Line guy "in the next day or 2."

was listening to some alleged draft expert on a podcast. He predicted CB in the 1st round. Said the Vikes could probably find a good Center on the 2nd day or even early on the 3rd day.

also said - and this would cause heads to explode - that the Vikes might consider trading down in the 1st round if they think they can get a decent CB later in the round and accumulate some extra picks.

according to this guy, in the Vikes' new defensive system, the CB's have simpler schemes as opposed to Zim's defense. With Hunter and Smith rushing the QB, they don't necessarily need to have "shut-down" CB's with the new system, or so this guy said.

I'm seeing some tweets claiming that the Vikes plan to/hope to sign another free agent O-Line guy "in the next day or 2."

was listening to some alleged draft expert on a podcast. He predicted CB in the 1st round. Said the Vikes could probably find a good Center on the 2nd day or even early on the 3rd day.

also said - and this would cause heads to explode - that the Vikes might consider trading down in the 1st round if they think they can get a decent CB later in the round and accumulate some extra picks.

according to this guy, in the Vikes' new defensive system, the CB's have simpler schemes as opposed to Zim's defense. With Hunter and Smith rushing the QB, they don't necessarily need to have "shut-down" CB's with the new system, or so this guy said.

Drafted top 10 in 2015 as a Tackle, switched to guard in 2019. Hasn't done much in the league.

obviously you want your corners to be able to cover, but in todays NFL, tackling is so important. You want corners that can tackle well and limit YAC

Jesse Davis is below average. He'd be a very small upgrade over Udoh.

Top Bottom