All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Would have liked to see them put the game away earlier in the 2nd but overall a good win. GB has a top 5 defense so gotta be pretty happy overall.

I don’t understand why GB didn’t run the ball more, they were having some success. Specifically that last drive with Rodgers. On 3rd and 4th & 1 they pass?

Bet that's a fun game to be at. Nowhere near as good as the Gophers/Badgers game this past fall....but fun nonetheless.
It was awesome. To see all the Packer fans filing out of stadium with a few minutes to go when they didn’t get that last 4th down was priceless. On a side note- The thing that astounds me about Vikes games is how much more hammered the fans are than at Gopher games. Certainly different clientele. Guy in his mid 40’s on the light rail home was so hammered he could barely keep his eyes open, and of course by far the most vocal. Dude, even if you came to the game drunk, how many $15 beers do you have to buy to get that drunk? You may need a more productive hobby…

It was awesome. To see all the Packer fans filing out of stadium with a few minutes to go when they didn’t get that last 4th down was priceless. On a side note- The thing that astounds me about Vikes games is how much more hammered the fans are than at Gopher games. Certainly different clientele. Guy in his mid 40’s on the light rail home was so hammered he could barely keep his eyes open, and of course by far the most vocal. Dude, even if you came to the game drunk, how many $15 beers do you have to buy to get that drunk? You may need a more productive hobby…

Any Given Sunday

NFL games cannot match good college games for atmosphere.
Disagree on select matchups, like this one. Was awesome to be there and outstanding atmosphere, tailgating where ever there is still an open lot downtown that hasn't had a condo structure built on it.

excellent 1st half. offense slowed down in the 2nd half.

Defense played well. you could tell that Rodgers is not in sync with the new receivers - altho the kid from NDSU should have caught that ball in the 1st quarter.

and the Packers O-line has some issues.

In fact, that might be the headline of the game - the Vikings played a game where they had the better O-Line.

Philly next week could provide a bigger challenge.
LOL, yeah, no kidding he "should have". First NFL game, first NFL catch, from future HOF'er for a long TD against the hated rival (sorry, Packers-Bears is dead, Packers fans only lie about it to troll Vikings fans).

Most definitely "should have" caught that one. :cool:

When you're paying hundreds for the game ticket, what's another hundred in stadium beers??

They still have a healthy tailgating scene downtown, as well. Again, if you can afford that, you're going all out.

You're right, it's a far cry from what you do/can afford as a student.

It's been a while since I've done it.....but I have attended a few Vikings pregames before. There are a lot of people that get there very early and go very hard. I don't pregame the Gophers games....but just based on the fans in the stadium.....I can't imagine that the tailgating lots are anything like that.

On a side note- The thing that astounds me about Vikes games is how much more hammered the fans are than at Gopher games. Certainly different clientele. Guy in his mid 40’s on the light rail home was so hammered he could barely keep his eyes open, and of course by far the most vocal. Dude, even if you came to the game drunk, how many $15 beers do you have to buy to get that drunk? You may need a more productive hobby…
Have you been to a Badger game at Camp Randall?

Those folks are usually drinking in the parking lot, not at the game. At least that's been my experience from what I've seen.

CBS' Week 1 Grades:

Ateam logo

Vikings
If you're a Vikings fan, this is exactly how you wanted the Kevin O'Connell era to start. Not only was the offense clicking through the air, with Kirk Cousins playing a near-flawless game dishing it to the always-open Justin Jefferson, but the revamped defense was feisty around the pocket and on clutch downs, with Za'Darius Smith and Jordan Hicks in particular proving the linebacker corps is worthwhile again. Beating the Packers on opening week is one thing; waltzing past them with a straightforward game plan is another.

Skol Vikes!!

For 3 hours the Vikings made Rodgers look old.

For 1 game at least it appeared without any film on what the new regime was going to do, it played to their advantage.

CBS' Week 1 Grades:

Ateam logo

Vikings
If you're a Vikings fan, this is exactly how you wanted the Kevin O'Connell era to start. Not only was the offense clicking through the air, with Kirk Cousins playing a near-flawless game dishing it to the always-open Justin Jefferson, but the revamped defense was feisty around the pocket and on clutch downs, with Za'Darius Smith and Jordan Hicks in particular proving the linebacker corps is worthwhile again. Beating the Packers on opening week is one thing; waltzing past them with a straightforward game plan is another.

Skol Vikes!!

I know it was a rainy ugly afternoon but damn, Lance and Fields set QB play back a few decades in this game. Ugghhhhh

O'Connell over Hackett seems like a prudent call thus far.

Not only that, what stuck out to me was the penalties. Penalties is TYPICALLY coaching, one of the bigger reasons I'm on the Fleck train, the Gophers are one of the least penalized teams in NCAAFB. The Broncos were atrocious on that side of the ledger. Just a horribly sloppy and undisciplined team.

O'Connell over Hackett seems like a prudent call thus far.

I think Russ has lost it, and the Broncos paid him.

His arm strength has definitely declined, and the mobility isn't what it used to be.

They didn't sign the guy who will deliver big results. He's going to hold them back.

His arm strength has definitely declined, and the mobility isn't what it used to be.

They didn't sign the guy who will deliver big results. He's going to hold them back.
He may not be top 5 anymore but he's still in the upper half of the league. They probably overpaid in the trade and the contract. But he's not the reason they lost last night.

Russ is getting exactly what he wanted. He's been quoted in recent months with saying him and coach Hackett are "partners", on an even level. Have at it, Russ.

Players play, Coaches coach. This isn't the NBA, and Russ isn't Manning/Brady. This could fail miserably, as Hackett doesn't seem to have his shit together early on. Time will tell.

Russ is getting exactly what he wanted. He's been quoted in recent months with saying him and coach Hackett are "partners", on an even level. Have at it, Russ.

Players play, Coaches coach. This isn't the NBA, and Russ isn't Manning/Brady. This could fail miserably, as Hackett doesn't seem to have his shit together early on. Time will tell.

Aaron Rodgers needs to be told that too.

Last edited:

Aaron Rogers needs to be told that too.
I don't know that I'm all that sold on LaFleur either but at least they have three consecutive 13-3 seasons to show for it, and a couple of NFL MVPs. Hackett seems a little lost, and Russ ain't Rodgers, and the Broncos play in a significantly much more difficult division. I have serious doubts at this point

At least Hackett admitted he F'd up after sleeping on it. It's not much but it's something. "The mark" where you kick it vs throw a hail mary is not the same mark where you kick it with 50 seconds and 3 timeouts. Did you really need to sleep on that?

Top Bottom