All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Swung at two balls in the dirt and then just blown away on a fastball. This with first and second with no outs.

It's just a giveaway out every single time.
But god forbid you just rid the team of that cancer. No we have to bring him back and give him another opportunity. How many opportunities are you gonna give a fat unathletic 1st base DH that can’t hit a Major league fastball twins front office? Just cut the cord and be done with it.

Not one legit starting pitcher.

This is going to be awesome.

Oh. Ryan gave up 10 runs. I guess I better pull him.
Baldummy sucks and I hate him.
I just don’t get the strategy. I get that they’re playing 10 games in a row. But if you’re willing to take him out with 2 outs in the 5th then why not do it 3 batters earlier.

Oh boy, Nick Gordon pitching again.. it's so refreshing how this team does not view incompetent play as something to be mocked.

Enough with Sano already. He is who we thought he was.

Rocco is unhappy. Given his laid back attitude this is aa Zim level is pissed right now.

I can’t blame him he was given a mediocre at best starting rotation and a terrible bullpen. Both are now falling apart with 70 or so games to go. Now Sano has been forced upon him again to see if Sano can play when they need to win games. This is not the time of the year to experiment with Sano when he’s proven all year he can’t hit.

Last edited:

Coincides with Wes Johnson bolting to the Bayou. I didn't think it would have a dramatic impact over the rest of the season, but seems as though it's partially to blame at the very least.
Or maybe he saw this coming and new his stock was never going to be higher. The entire pitching staff just seemed to a house of cards and over 162 games that’s not sustainable.

Kepler finally to the DL after what had to be a week of not playing. Sano lasted a week before going back to the DL. Plus Bailey Ober was put on the 60 day DL so he’s done for the season.

Please twins brain trust don’t do anything stupid at this point. Let the season play out and sign some bleeping pitchers for 2023. As last night showed for as good as this lineup is they can still be terrible 2 out of every 6 and the pitching is bad 6 out of 6. That’s not a recipe for success.

Kepler finally to the DL after what had to be a week of not playing. Sano lasted a week before going back to the DL. Plus Bailey Ober was put on the 60 day DL so he’s done for the season.

Please twins brain trust don’t do anything stupid at this point. Let the season play out and sign some bleeping pitchers for 2023. As last night showed for as good as this lineup is they can still be terrible 2 out of every 6 and the pitching is bad 6 out of 6. That’s not a recipe for success.
Ober is not done for the season. He's already been on the IL 60 days, so it has no impact on his status.

We know they won't get Montas or anything. But get Syndergaard and a couple relievers at least.

I’m on board with letting this season play out and not moving anybody at the deadline, or being sellers if there’s anybody you don’t see in the long term plans. Take anybody you would have traded now and trade in the offseason for pitching. Play for 2023, which is what I was voting for before the season began. There is no way they will be able to sign enough pitching to make noise in the playoffs.

I don’t care if standing pat ruffles the feathers of Correa. If he wants to be back in 2023, awesome. If not, use that money on SP.

Ober is not done for the season. He's already been on the IL 60 days, so it has no impact on his status.

We know they won't get Montas or anything. But get Syndergaard and a couple relievers at least.
How is that possible when the twins official statement on the transaction notes that to make room on the 40 man for Beckham they transferred Bailey Ober to the 60 day DL. I am assuming this may be a new stink on the 69 day or something different, but I will bet he doesn’t pitch again this year.

Syndergaard is about as washed up as Archer. He was once good for a few years but not anymore.

How is that possible when the twins official statement on the transaction notes that to make room on the 40 man for Beckham they transferred Bailey Ober to the 60 day DL. I am assuming this may be a new stink on the 69 day or something different, but I will bet he doesn’t pitch again this year.

Moving from the 10 day to the 60 day IL doesn't restart the clock. It just removes him from the 40 man roster. He's still eligible to return 60 days after he last piched, which was Memorial Day weekend iirc. They do expect him back, but who knows.

I think him and the organization came to an agreement. He goes to the DL gets his money this year and they pay him $1million to walk away next year. No way he comes back to the twins this year.
His buyout is $2.75 million for next year I believe. And they have to pay him for this year no matter what. There's zero incentive for him to agree to anything less than that.

Gray throws 79 pitches and yep, that’s enough. You don’t dare let your starting pitcher work up a sweat.

per Shooter:

Also in for a surprise could be Twins shortstop Carlos Correa, 27, who has opt-outs his next two years on his remaining $70.2 million contract, if he thinks a team is going to offer him anything near the $300 million he was seeking last spring to remain in Houston.

The Astros, by the way, are solidly in first place in their West Division despite Correa’s departure.

Win Twins!!

Tyler Duffey better not blow this one. just gave up a 3 run homer. Padres within 3.

His buyout is $2.75 million for next year I believe. And they have to pay him for this year no matter what. There's zero incentive for him to agree to anything less than that.
I meant an agreement for him not to play the rest of this year and sit on the DL. Yes i know he has to be paid. I was just guessing on his buyout for next year.

Top Bottom