All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I blame Bremer and the producers for their now ex-fun face that the Twins had the 4th longest streak of consecutive games leading a division this year - there’s only 6 divisions-Big Whoop

Last edited:

I blane Bremer and the producers or their now ex-fun face that the Twins had the 4th longest streak of consecutive games leading a division this year - there’s only 6 divisions-Big Whoop
Weird they are tied in the standings but the Twins are now 3 games behind in the loss column. The Guards must have a lot of Doubleheaders in their future, as they have played 6 fewer games.

Weird they are tied in the standings but the Twins are now 3 games behind in the loss column. The Guards must have a lot of Doubleheaders in their future, as they have played 6 fewer games.
They recapped it last night that they have multiple doubleheaders in the next couple of weeks - this may be our saving grace.

Starting with last night's game they play 29 games (including three DHs) between 6/21 and 7/17 the last game before the AS break - if they are ahead at that point they deserve the division as that is beyond Herculean - that stretch also includes6 vs NYY & Boston (3 each)

I would take that bet with Miranda at the plate. Can you imagine the last time he actually tried to bunt in a game situation that was not a spring training practice game. I bet it has been 10 years and now you want him to go sacrifice himself against a guy throwing 100.

In all the months I've been following this account, this is the most impactful detrimental effect that I've seen an umpiring crew have on a game.

Not to mention the stolen base review that I think they got wrong.

This is worse..single handlely stole the game from Toronto in the 8th inning.

They recapped it last night that they have multiple doubleheaders in the next couple of weeks - this may be our saving grace.

Starting with last night's game they play 29 games (including three DHs) between 6/21 and 7/17 the last game before the AS break - if they are ahead at that point they deserve the division as that is beyond Herculean - that stretch also includes6 vs NYY & Boston (3 each)
I'm still more worried about the White Sox than Cleveland.

In all the months I've been following this account, this is the most impactful detrimental effect that I've seen an umpiring crew have on a game.

Not to mention the stolen base review that I think they got wrong.
The Kirilloff strike was so bad.

look - going into the season, a lot of people had the Twins pegged as a .500 team due mainly to questions about the pitching.

well, it's the same staff - minus guys who are out with injuries - and they have been OK. Not great, but OK.

meanwhile, the hitters are wildly inconsistent. good one night, terrible the next. Arraez and Polanco are the two guys you can usually count on to take professional at-bats, and now Polanco is out.

everyone else is streaky.

bottom line - it's a long season. at the end of the year, teams wind up generally where they're supposed to wind up.

as of right now, if the Twins' front office does not make some moves, I just don't see this group winning the division.

Go get Montas and 2 relievers.

easy to say. what do you give up?

and - will it be enough to make a difference.

I am fine with giving up prospects IF it gives you a legitimate chance to win a World Series.
if it doesn't give you a legitimate chance to win, then I'd rather hold onto the prospects.

easy to say. what do you give up?

and - will it be enough to make a difference.

I am fine with giving up prospects IF it gives you a legitimate chance to win a World Series.
if it doesn't give you a legitimate chance to win, then I'd rather hold onto the prospects.
Montas requires the Berrios trade +. So Martin, Woods-Richardson and Cole Sands should do it. Might even be an over pay as that's their #2, #5 and #15 prospects. That's a lot but worth it, IMO. Maybe Oakland throws in a reliever.

A couple decent relievers won't cost that much.

Glad to see Buxton getting a rest tonight. Jeez he almost played 3 days in a row.

Thursday 6/16 - day off
Friday 6/17 - DH went 2-5
Saturday 6/18 - DNP coach’s decision
Sunday 6/19 - CF 1-3 with a walk
Monday 6/20 - day off
Tuesday 6/21 - CF 0-4 3k’s and a walk

Plus the Seattle series while he played all 3 games he DH’d in two of them.

I said I don’t care but Jesus h Christ he’s being paid millions of dollars to play you might as well play him. If he gets hurt so it goes.

Meanwhile he have nick gordon in center and both catchers in the game. I predict a 5-3loss tonight again. Could be worse as Minnesota spent all their good relieves last night.

Stop the backstop shaming!!!
😃

Last edited:

Including his 2 at-bats thus far tonight, Gary Sanchez is 9 for 55 (.164) in June with 15 strikeouts. I'd rather see Garlick, Moranda or Gordon get at-bats at DH instead.

Second straight night the Twins bullpen implodes as Cotton gives up a solo shot and then a 2 run HR in the 7th. This after Gray cannot even make to 5 IP. Since May 1st, the Twins have had just 3 starts where the SP made it at least 7 IP. Rocco is already taxing a mediocre bullpen and with their inconsistent pitching and hitting, would not surpise me to see this team below .500 at the break.

Second straight night the Twins bullpen implodes as Cotton gives up a solo shot and then a 2 run HR in the 7th. This after Gray cannot even make to 5 IP. Since May 1st, the Twins have had just 3 starts where the SP made it at least 7 IP. Rocco is already taxing a mediocre bullpen and with their inconsistent pitching and hitting, would not surpise me to see this team below .500 at the break.
To be fair Cotton has been DFA’d like a dozen times and has never been claimed. That either means the twins know something the rest of the league doesn’t or he’s not a reliever that should be used in high leverage situations. They have 1 guy in the bullpen and that’s Duran, everyone else is mediocre to believe mediocre to should be out of mlb baseball.

Nick The Ick
Nicks positive attributes
- can play 5 or 6 positions
- is somewhat fast
- is under team control

Nicks negatives attributes
- plays below average defense at every position
- can’t steal bases as he is 3 for 7 in 2022
- is out of options so the twins won’t let him go.

I truly feel like he is the 2022 version of Jake Cave. Doesn’t do anything well but the twins keep trotting him out there.

Urshela hits a huge 3 run homer and the Twins strike for 4 in the bottom of the 7th. They did all the damage with 2 outs. Let's see if the bullpen can hold this lead.

Nicks positive attributes
- can play 5 or 6 positions
- is somewhat fast
- is under team control

Nicks negatives attributes
- plays below average defense at every position
- can’t steal bases as he is 3 for 7 in 2022
- is out of options so the twins won’t let him go.

I truly feel like he is the 2022 version of Jake Cave. Doesn’t do anything well but the twins keep trotting him out there.

I was referring specifically to his error in center on the groundball single

To be fair Cotton has been DFA’d like a dozen times and has never been claimed. That either means the twins know something the rest of the league doesn’t or he’s not a reliever that should be used in high leverage situations. They have 1 guy in the bullpen and that’s Duran, everyone else is mediocre to believe mediocre to should be out of mlb baseball.

Lots of injuries- he looked impressive as heck again Toronto and has had a coup bed outings- including tonight. I still think he can be effective in 6/7 innings.
His ERA is still 3.31 with a WHIPof 1.22 - we can’t get rid of every gut after a bad outing here or there.

great inning by Pagan…gotta give rocco credit he’s doubling up in relievers from last night going for the win tonight.

Pagan has an elite fastball and man use the slider sporadically and pound the zone with that 96/97 bad boy until they show they can hit it

Lots of injuries- he looked impressive as heck again Toronto and has had a coup bed outings- including tonight. I still think he can be effective in 6/7 innings.
His ERA is still 3.31 with a WHIPof 1.22 - we can’t get rid of every gut after a bad outing here or there.
I agree I don’t mind him but just ponying out he’s been a revolving door guy and could have been claimed by any team several times this year. I trust him more then Duffey, smith, and Thornburg. Maybe even Thielbar.

Top Bottom