All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Buxton played two freaking games in a row as he didn’t play in the resumed game on Thursday. He DH’d the second game Thursday and he played center last night. Now he needs a day off.

No offense to anyone else on the team, buts he’s the only player to go see besides Royce Lewis and they sit him for a Saturday evening game against a division opponent at home on a beautiful day.

Buxton played two freaking games in a row as he didn’t play in the resumed game on Thursday. He DH’d the second game Thursday and he played center last night. Now he needs a day off.

No offense to anyone else on the team, buts he’s the only player to go see besides Royce Lewis and they sit him for a Saturday evening game against a division opponent at home on a beautiful day.
I know they’re conservative with playing time but this is ridiculous.

I know they’re conservative with playing time but this is ridiculous.
And he’s not getting hurt playing center field he’s getting hurt running the bases. DHing him doesn’t protect him from getting hurt it just takes away from of his value as he’s not playing defense.

And he’s not getting hurt playing center field he’s getting hurt running the bases. DHing him doesn’t protect him from getting hurt it just takes away from of his value as he’s not playing defense.
There's no rational defense of what they're doing. He's played 2 days in the last week. 2., He doesn't need a rest day.

Gordon should have scored on Gil’s single to Right - he has has to be going towards third on the pitch and get a better read on that ball - he was stationary and when the ball was hit and he started going back to second.

Smeltzer with 5 good innings.

Per the TV telecast, Twins 17-0 when leading after 7 innings - not 2 shabby.
Wondering which poster will demand a recount first
😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

Inexplicably don’t send Lewis with ARraez batting - put the leAd run in scoring position. If he gets thrown out, Luis still leads off the 7. If you’re not going to run Royce then, it’s simply not part of your offensive strategy - would love for someone to ask Rocco point blank why not.

Smeltzer with 5 good innings.

Per the TV telecast, Twins 17-0 when leading after 7 innings - not 2 shabby.
Wondering which poster will demand a recount first
😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂
They were leading 3-2 going into the ninth in their 2nd game of the season……lost 4-3. Interesting stat though.

They were leading 3-2 going into the ninth in their 2nd game of the season……lost 4-3. Interesting stat though.

Are you saying the stat was incorrect on the telecast?

OR

They weren’t leading after the 7th?
Leading after the 9th inning is different than after the 7th inning.

Regardless, the point of the stat, of course, is that the pen has been very effective this year.

Last edited:

Are you saying the stat was incorrect on the telecast?

OR

They weren’t leading after the 7th?
Leading after the 9th inning is different than after the 7th inning.

Regardless, the point of the stat, of course, is that the pen has been very effective this year.
They must not have been leading after 7. I just immediately remembered them blowing that save to start the season. Probably the last time Duffey hot a save opportunity.
Also the guy on second to start the tenth inning is dumb. I think they should do that starting in the 12th inning or so.

They must not have been leading after 7. I just immediately remembered them blowing that save to start the season. Probably the last time Duffey hot a save opportunity.
Also the guy on second to start the tenth inning is dumb. I think they should do that starting in the 12th inning or so.
They were it was 3-2 after 8 for the twins and they lost 4-3.

Glad Buxton got the full game off. God forbid he be forced to push himself and pinch hit for Miranda who was 0-4 with one out in the 10th. This day off may mean he can play 3 of the next 5 games with at least two of them in center field.

They were it was 3-2 after 8 for the twins and they lost 4-3.
It was 2-1 Mariners after 7. That’s why I said interesting stat. They blew a save and lost yet somehow they show a stat that says 17-0 when leading after 7. A little misleading but also does show the pen has been more than solid.

It was 2-1 Mariners after 7. That’s why I said interesting stat. They blew a save and lost yet somehow they show a stat that says 17-0 when leading after 7. A little misleading but also does show the pen has been more than solid.
I got ya..who the hell at Balleys spent their Saturday putting that stat together.

Then put him on the IL until he can play more than 2 games in a row...

I don't understand. The guy signs a very team friendly deal, heavy on incentives. But he lets the powers that be dictate moves that directly affect his paycheck. Something is way off here.

Saw some stat the other day even though Buxton hasn’t been placed on the DL as of yet he has still missed 37% of the games.

Would be nice of he could stay on the field. He is pretty helpful when he can play.

Rico is soft, just like his players. Day off? If Buxton was a team guy he would have been ready to go and in Rico’s face. Baseball is turning into a game for losers and the fans end up cheated. I’d rather watch paint dry.

Is there a reason Duran couldn’t throw another inning?
he pitched the night before for an inning - why they used him in that game I have no idea. Should have saved him for 2 innings last night or for an inning in game 2 & 3 of the series. Stop playing checkers Rocco.

But Cotton's stuff belongs in St. Paul and not Mpls. Heck many on here could hit a letter high change up at 78 mph for a double off the RF wall.

Last edited:

Top Bottom