All Things 2022 Gophers in NFL Thread

Who would have thought that three Gophers ended up with Tampa Bay?

“Dr. Gibby is smart. He’s picked up the defense very well. It’s going to be fun to watch him play in the game,” - Mike Wrabel

“Dr. Gibby is smart. He’s picked up the defense very well. It’s going to be fun to watch him play in the game,” - Mike Wrabel

Led the team in tackles with 8 the other night. Wish the Vikings would have drafted in like round 6. Honestly feel scouts got this way wrong and is top 3 round pick. Jack just makes plays.

Led the team in tackles with 8 the other night. Wish the Vikings would have drafted in like round 6. Honestly feel scouts got this way wrong and is top 3 round pick. Jack just makes plays.
NFL focuses on measurables and a guy like Gibbens isn’t going to pop from that standpoint. Guys like him get overlooked in the draft but make teams all the time.

Steveler > Leidner Completely mishandled by Kill.
At the risk of rehashing this for the umpteenth time, I always thought Streveler could have been successful for the Gophers. Yes, they would have had to change their offense quite a bit to suit his strengths but it most definitely could have worked. He was exceptionally good running the ball and could throw it when he had to.

He was a really good leader for the Gophers but my issue with Leidner was always that he wasn't particularly good at running or passing. I feel like in CFB, you really need to be well above average, borderline elite at EITHER running or passing and Leidner was mediocre at both.

Glad to see The Leveler having some success in the NFL. He's earned a few paychecks, that's a lot more than most people can say

He looks really different with the short hair. But glad he is making the most of his opportunity and hopefully he makes the team. Getting a nickname from the head coach is a good sign for a guy who was an UDFA. Means the coaches are taking notice of him and what he is doing out there.

so fun to see so many former gophers sticking around. makes this thread a whole lot more fun to follow seeing all the talent that's made it way to the league over the last few years
Same. I'm a Vikes fan and enjoy watching the depth guys but not so much other teams. Now I actually have a reason to pay attention to more teams. I didn't realize MDT was with the Bears for example. Way more fun these days!

This is easily one of my favorite threads on gooherhole. No bickering just reports of former players doing good things in the NFL. Here’s hoping we keep placing more and more guys in the league for us to keep tabs on after their college careers are over.

Decided to look this up. Didn’t know how many each team started with? Then it’s cool to learn how many they must cut after each preseason game. We’ll see how many of Gopher NFL rookies will make a 53-Man list?E1A501E9-9C25-435A-A7F3-7688E67CC475.jpeg

Last edited:

This is easily one of my favorite threads on gooherhole. No bickering just reports of former players doing good things in the NFL. Here’s hoping we keep placing more and more guys in the league for us to keep tabs on after their college careers are over.
Tyler had us a little worried but seems to be where he needs to be going...nowhere except downfield making great catches for the Bucs...

Top Bottom