All Things 2022-2023 Minnesota Twins Off-Season Thread

I'd honestly give up the farm system for Alcantara at this point. His contract is good for like 3 or 4 more years with team options after (I think haven't checked). In 3 or 4 years you can re stock a bit and we'll be contenders during that whole time.
Yeah, I'm not sure they even consider it.

It'd probably take something like:

Lewis
Larnach/Wallner
Arraez
Couple minor league arms

If Kepler is gone, what's our starting OF?

Gordon - Buxton - Gallo?

Gordon - Buxton - Gallo?
The third spot would probably be a combination of Larnach, Kirilloff and Gordon. I still think they'll try to find a right handed bat too whether that's Garlick or someone else.

Lewis
Larnach/Wallner
Arraez
Couple minor league arms
I'd do that in a heartbeat but sadly I think he'll demand names like Buxton or Duran along with top minor league players.

I'd do that in a heartbeat but sadly I think he'll demand names like Buxton or Duran along with top minor league players.
I don't know. If Miami is going to exchange established players, why do it in the first place? Seems it would make sense to just keep Alcantara then. I would think they'd prefer several high end prospects. I could be wrong but just swapping out current players seems weird to me.

I'm not opposed to trading Arreaz for a good return. If Pablo Lopez is all they can get for him, and I've seen speculation the Twins would have to add even more, then I'd much rater keep Arreaz.

Lewis
Larnach/Wallner
Arraez
Couple minor league arms
If you believe MLB trade values, that's not even half way there.

Oh really? Wow. I don't know if I believe them but I believe them a lot more than my guess.
The value they have on him is absurd but I still don't see any way the Twins would go even 2/3 of the way. He blows his arm out and you just screwed the franchise for a decade.

If Miami trades Alcantra, just shut down their franchise. It's everything a small market team wants -- pay, controllable, age, talent.
Yeah, he's still under team control for up to 5 years. I'd get it if it was only a year or two. That's also why I don't think anyone will be able to give up enough. It'll take a haul to get him in a trade.

This is as close as you can get on an Alcantara trade without trading key 2023 pieces beyond Arreaz and Ober.

1673632694918.png

It's tough to do Lee and Lewis. If we can swap out Lewis for Woods-Richardson I would do it.

It's tough to do Lee and Lewis. If we can swap out Lewis for Woods-Richardson I would do it.
Id do anything they wanted if Buxton, Miranda, and Duran were off the list but those 3 would have to headline...at least 2 would have to headline (prob Miranda and Duran as I don't know how they'd approach Buxton's contract)

And I see the point about Alcantara blowing his arm out and you're screwed...but if he doesn't and you have a legit ace for the next 5 years to go along with a good, young lineup and the rest of our staff? Why not?

And I see the point about Alcantara blowing his arm out and you're screwed...but if he doesn't and you have a legit ace for the next 5 years to go along with a good, young lineup and the rest of our staff? Why not?
Do we ever really want to win a playoff series or not!

Id do anything they wanted if Buxton, Miranda, and Duran were off the list but those 3 would have to headline...at least 2 would have to headline (prob Miranda and Duran as I don't know how they'd approach Buxton's contract)
I think I would rather trade Miranda than both Lee and Lewis.

Gordon - Buxton - Gallo?

assuming everyone is healthy?

Larnach - Buxton - Gallo (assuming Kepler is traded)

Kirilloff and Wallner could also see OF duty.

and everyone gets to be DH at some point.

Gordon will be a super-utility guy again - but Farmer could also play the same role. Farmer is a right-handed hitter. He's played a little OF - Gordon with more OF experience.

and when Lewis is back - your guess is as good as mine. after last year, I don't want to see Lewis in the OF, but that remains a possibility. ("O.K. Royce, this is the Warning Track. The Warning Track warns you that you are getting close to the outfield fence......")

Why is everyone so focused on Alcantara? Because he plays for Miami?

The weird thing for me about Alcantara compared to most other aces, is his strikeout rate is pretty low despite throwing hard and having 4 legit pitches. Something doesn't add up there, and it makes me wonder about him long term.

Why is everyone so focused on Alcantara? Because he plays for Miami?

The weird thing for me about Alcantara compared to most other aces, is his strikeout rate is pretty low despite throwing hard and having 4 legit pitches. Something doesn't add up there, and it makes me wonder about him long term.
I'm sure it's rooted in Miami being open for business (even though Alcantara is the one SP they've basically said no way to).

Yeah I saw all the bloggers do back flips to try and rationalize the signing. They also loved the Joey gallo signing cause just what if it works and he has a breakout season.

Every signing the twins make the bloggers love cause the twins can fix the person.

Top Bottom