All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Is Dalvin's career cooked just like Ray Rice?
Who knows? I don’t think the two situations are that comparable as Rice’s case was pretty straightforward. Cook’s seems like both parties were aggressors at times. I guess we will see as we got more information.

Who knows? I don’t think the two situations are that comparable as Rice’s case was pretty straightforward. Cook’s seems like both parties were aggressors at times. I guess we will see as we got more information.
If the two other witnesses part of Dalvin's lawyers statement is accurate it's more than just a he said she said.

Yep, it’s been reported that it was Dozier and he is in the hospital in stable condition.
Hope he's OK. And 29 contact tracing. Yikes. You wonder if a forfeit is on the horizon? We have a lot of key unvaxed players too (Smith is already out, Cousins, Cook etc.)

Hope he's OK. And 29 contact tracing. Yikes. You wonder if a forfeit is on the horizon? We have a lot of key unvaxed players too (Smith is already out, Cousins, Cook etc.)
Hard to say, I guess it will depend if there is an outbreak or not. If there is, then the Vikings will have an even worse chance at winning the next couple games.

Well, I guess it's a damn good thing a massive effort was made to make every NFL player get the jab when numerous NFL players that were vaxed continue to test positive. Makes complete sense, no doubt.

Well, I guess it's a damn good thing a massive effort was made to make every NFL player get the jab when numerous NFL players that were vaxed continue to test positive. Makes complete sense, no doubt.

Yes....why would the NFL care if unvaccinated players are more likely to transmit covid? It's only billions and billions of dollars a year.

Makes complete sense to most people. Not sure what your hang up is.
The protocols really don't make sense, nor are they backed by the data or Science if you're actually looking at it. Unvaccinated players are seemingly fine with few to no symptoms, but can't play because a test told them they can't.

Now we have a vaccinated player in the hospital. Makes sense...

Are you telling me that you have more savvy and time than a billion dollar organization with an army of doctors and data scientists?

The data is what it is. The NFL's protocols, and many of the interventions that have been implemented nation wide, are more for show than about data or Science.

The Packers and the NFL knew for a long time what was going on with Rodgers. There's a reason they ignored it until they couldn't anymore.

The data is what it is. The NFL's protocols, and many of the interventions that have been implemented nation wide, are more for show than about data or Science.

The Packers and the NFL knew for a long time what was going on with Rodgers. There's a reason they ignored it until they couldn't anymore.
Of course they knew. Just a continuation of the charade by all parties involved. But hey, science...

"Well I guess it's a damn good thing that the NFL punishes players when they get DUI, since we just had a guy kill someone while wasted behind the wheel. Makes complete sense, no doubt."

If the two other witnesses part of Dalvin's lawyers statement is accurate it's more than just a he said she said.
Asking for a friend:

there are no criminal charges here, right, just civil, so my question is, if Cook loses in court (or more likely settles with NDA), does he get off "scot free" from the League's/Viking's sense?

IE, if he were convicted of a crime, he'd be toast -- and then we wouldn't have to pay out his contract, and it wouldn't count against the cap anymore, right?

But that can't be the case here, with just civil?

There’s no disagreeing on data
I'm sorry. But that shows a critical misunderstanding of data. There are many facets to slicing and dicing multiple vectors and data points. Too often, I see people point at simple vanity metrics as proof of anything.

People with no background in data pay no mind to data governance, including lineage and provenance.

The raw data is a small piece of the puzzle. And it's easy to get fooled.

Asking for a friend:

there are no criminal charges here, right, just civil, so my question is, if Cook loses in court (or more likely settles with NDA), does he get off "scot free" from the League's/Viking's sense?

IE, if he were convicted of a crime, he'd be toast -- and then we wouldn't have to pay out his contract, and it wouldn't count against the cap anymore, right?

But that can't be the case here, with just civil?
So far, the NFL has said this is a civil matter, not criminal and they aren't doing anything. I suppose if very ugly details come out and are confirmed they will backtrack faster than Breeland.

So far, the NFL has said this is a civil matter, not criminal and they aren't doing anything. I suppose if very ugly details come out and are confirmed they will backtrack faster than Breeland.
This is a really unusual situation, from everything I've heard. The girlfriend pictures aren't good, but it sure sounds like she was the antagonizer in this case, at least to some degree.

At the very least, it sounds like they are correct in moving forward, business as usual, and letting things play out for now.

I'm sorry. But that shows a critical misunderstanding of data. There are many facets to slicing and dicing multiple vectors and data points. Too often, I see people point at simple vanity metrics as proof of anything.

People with no background in data pay no mind to data governance, including lineage and provenance.

The raw data is a small piece of the puzzle. And it's easy to get fooled.

Not the data I'm talking about. People misunderstanding the data is exactly why the handling of COVID continues at an absurd and non-Scientific path.

Luckily I do have an extensive background in data analysis and I'm not easily fooled.

Not the data I'm talking about. People misunderstanding the data is exactly why the handling of COVID continues at an absurd and non-Scientific path.

Luckily I do have an extensive background in data analysis and I'm not easily fooled.
That's good to hear. I suppose the difference then between us is who you trust. I trust the majority of health professionals and data analysts that have found the vaccine effective in a variety of ways.

Not saying you do this, but most people who "do their own research" fall into the smartest-person-in-the-room syndrome.

This is a really unusual situation, from everything I've heard. The girlfriend pictures aren't good, but it sure sounds like she was the antagonizer in this case, at least to some degree.

At the very least, it sounds like they are correct in moving forward, business as usual, and letting things play out for now.
I haven't paid much attention to the case, so I may have missed something. But did she go to the police originally? Was a report filed, and the DA just chose not to pursue charges based on the evidence? Or is she coming for him after the fact looking for a payday (because this is a civil case)?

I mean, would it shock anybody if an NFL player beat up a girlfriend/ex-girlfriend? Would it also shock anybody to see somebody try and make some money of a situation and/or defame somebody after they've been scorned? To me, the pertinent point is did anything happen with the cops/criminal courts? If all this is is pictures she took at some point and is filing a civil case based on pictures after-the-fact, it essentially becomes a he said/she said. Can't imagine the NFL will do anything if this is strictly a civil case. Think I'll pick up Mattison on my fantasy team, however, just in case...

People with no background in data
Like GWG.

He fires up a weather model - that he has zero point zero understanding about anything going on under the hood - pushes a button to get a forecast, and calls himself a data scientist. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom