All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

He should have four late game winning drives already this year.
Cousins did it against Carolina TWICE. Plus he led a drive against Cincy that sent it into OT, only to later be foiled by Cook's fumble.

Cousins did it against Carolina TWICE. Plus he led a drive against Cincy that sent it into OT, only to later be foiled by Cook's fumble.
And he drove them down for the GWFG attempt against the Cardinals, on the road. I know GII alluded to that already.

Dude has been playing at a high level, no other way to put it. Defense still not playing great. Darrisaw, by all accounts, has played VERY well in his two games. There's hope yet for this to shape up into a reasonably effective OL moving forward.

Next 4 games or so will define where they go this year. Tough games, but games you need to win if you want to be a legit playoff team.

And he drove them down for the GWFG attempt against the Cardinals, on the road. I know GII alluded to that already.

Dude has been playing at a high level, no other way to put it. Defense still not playing great. Darrisaw, by all accounts, has played VERY well in his two games. There's hope yet for this to shape up into a reasonably effective OL moving forward.

Next 4 games or so will define where they go this year. Tough games, but games you need to win if you want to be a legit playoff team.
Agreed.

I believe Cousins is a good QB and perfectly capable of winning at a high level.

He's hampered by his defense, O-line, and conservative offensive game plans dictated by Zimmer.

Essentially, the coach and GM are holding him back. Dare I say the Vikings should look to extend Cousins?

Agreed.

I believe Cousins is a good QB and perfectly capable of winning at a high level.

He's hampered by his defense, O-line, and conservative offensive game plans dictated by Zimmer.

Essentially, the coach and GM are holding him back. Dare I say the Vikings should look to extend Cousins?
Think about it this way; if Cousins were a 1st round pick way back when, would anyone really be questioning his play or the likelihood of resigning him again?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a top 5-7 QB in the league, but the abuse he gets from Vikings fans is just odd.

Think about it this way; if Cousins were a 1st round pick way back when, would anyone really be questioning his play or the likelihood of resigning him again?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a top 5-7 QB in the league, but the abuse he gets from Vikings fans is just odd.
That's right. Supported correctly, he's good enough to be the starting QB for a Super Bowl championship caliber team.

You can't say that about a lot of QBs.

Cousins has to start beating good teams.
It would help if Zimmer would stop interfering with the offense at the end of games- Kirk can’t do much if Zims doesn’t let him get the team closer for a field goal etc.

Any one here have an update on A Rog walkin out on the Pack this year?

This guy's going to make an impact?

Please explain

Supposedly really quick - good return man in college, so would likely have a chance to make an impact on special teams. he was Honorable Mention All-Big 12 as a Kick returner. was used mainly as a 3rd-down back in college, but he can catch the ball out of the backfield.

I guess the Bengals aren't that bad!

Cards are pretty decent too.

Browns, we'll see what happens. Maybe Case has some magic left.

Mackey/Judd with an interesting talker from last Friday.

You go back to 2018, with the knowledge you have today, and you're allowed to make the following decision: would you take Case at say $12M per year or do you stick with Kirk for what we paid?

You're technically not allowed to change anything else .... but you know if they went with Case and had that extra money, that they'd do some more things.

Mackey/Judd with an interesting talker from last Friday.

You go back to 2018, with the knowledge you have today, and you're allowed to make the following decision: would you take Case at say $12M per year or do you stick with Kirk for what we paid?

You're technically not allowed to change anything else .... but you know if they went with Case and had that extra money, that they'd do some more things.
Case got 2/$36 from the Broncos, so it's a false choice. $18 vs. $30 doesn't make it worth it.

Case got 2/$36 from the Broncos, so it's a false choice. $18 vs. $30 doesn't make it worth it.
Split it and call it $15M per year. Two year commitment if you want.

Can't do anything helpful, at all, with an extra $15M?? Come on ...

Kirk has been great this year so far (knock on wood!), but he wasn't anywhere near this great in 2018 - which was supposed to be the "it's the same defense from 2017, when we should've cashed in for a SB, if only we had a QB better than Case" year.

Split it and call it $15M per year. Two year commitment if you want.

Can't do anything helpful, at all, with an extra $15M?? Come on ...

Kirk has been great this year so far (knock on wood!), but he wasn't anywhere near this great in 2018 - which was supposed to be the "it's the same defense from 2017, when we should've cashed in for a SB, if only we had a QB better than Case" year.
Case Keenum is an NFL back-up who had a good year running a run-oriented offense with a good defense. He has the same set-up in Cleveland. But they won't win a SB with him at QB and neither would the Vikings in 18/19.

I will never fault the Vikings for going for it and signing Cousins. But they didn't need to sign the extension after 2019 that put them in the cap hell they are now faced with for 2022.

Case Keenum is an NFL back-up who had a good year running a run-oriented offense with a good defense. He has the same set-up in Cleveland. But they won't win a SB with him at QB and neither would the Vikings in 18/19.
OK, so you're Judd Zulgad. Good to know.

He very stubbornly just tries to assert the same thing as you do here, without being able to back it up as you also don't do.

He's wrong and you're wrong. :)

Vikings have the least amount of rookies playing in the NFC North.

Spielman is setting up the team to fail long term with the lack of young talent.

OK, so you're Judd Zulgad. Good to know.

He very stubbornly just tries to assert the same thing as you do here, without being able to back it up as you also don't do.

He's wrong and you're wrong. :)
Did you watch Keenum in Denver? I did. He was terrible. He would not have been magically better in MN.

Vikings have the least amount of rookies playing in the NFC North.

Spielman is setting up the team to fail long term with the lack of young talent.
I'm not Spielman's biggest fan, but you're grinding this point into dust. It's way too early to judge 2021, but Darrisaw looks promising. We have no idea about Wyatt Davis, the NW RB or the D lineman from the 4th/5th round.

2020 yielded Osborn, Dantzler, Wonnum and Ezra Cleveland despite F'ing up the first round pick with Gladney over Winfield/Diggs.

Last edited:

I'm not Spielman's biggest fan, but you're grinding this point into dust. It's way too early to judge 2021, but Darrisaw looks promising. We have no idea about Wyatt Davis, the NW RB or the D lineman from the 4th/5th round.

2020 yielded Osborn, Dantzler, Wonnum and Ezra Cleveland despite F'ing up the first round pick with Gladney over Winfield/Diggs.
The entire offensive line, are guys we drafted. Not to mention Davis waiting in the wings. Not to mention Rimington winner Pat Elflein. Sometimes, it just don't work.

Not to mention that Gladney would have been playing this whole season, except that we had no idea he was going to punch his gf.

Not to mention that Speilman signed thirteen one-year deals for this season, to try to save his and Zim's job.

Did you watch Keenum in Denver? I did. He was terrible. He would not have been magically better in MN.
False comparison, is false. Exact same wrong thinking that Judd employed. You are him.

The thing that Mackey correctly pointed out: if you have a really nice car, Case can drive it very well. If you have a not so nice car, then Case may not be a guy who can drive it well in spite of that.

Nice to see that Tingelhoff and Yary (fellow members at Canton) had Fran's back. Seeing the film reminded that for whatever reason the area around the Met's home plate had a rubber/artificial surface on it.

That TD put the Vikes ahead of NE in the 4th Quarter. Ultimately however, Plunkett led the Pats down for a game winning score, New England 17, Minnesota 14 Final.

Question - with the Vikes-Cowboys game starting at 7:20pm, what will the average blood-alcohol level of the crowd be by kickoff?

I'm going with .18 - but that might be a little low.

Top Bottom