All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Fire everyone involved is this shit show. Up 10 with 3 minutes to play to losing.
Well, everyone in the stadium today was about to sell their remaining tickets for this year.

Then suddenly, we won, and it was a happy day.

I'd say the exact opposite. The reason we looked good with Keenum is because he was capable of getting out of the pocket when it collapsed. Not to mention that he had a knack for sensing pressure before it got to him. That's the kind of QB we needed to have.
Like I said, I can't remember now how Case was at moving around to beat pressure.

They said that today was the first time in a game, during an offensive snap.
He was indeed in there. Looked good too, when I watched him. I think he's going to be a great LT for us.

Not sure why they went back to Hill, but whatever. Going slow with him (Darrisaw), I guess.

Well, everyone in the stadium today was about to sell their remaining tickets for this year.

Coaching changes should not be made on a whim. Unless you blew a huge lead to Texas tech in the insight bowl then you shouldn’t be allowed back on the plane.

After his game plan two weeks ago against the Vikings I’m not sold on him. He’s throwing the ball when all they have to do is run clock. Between his play calling and terrible QB play Cleveland did everything in its power to lose that game.

Sounds like a perfect fit for the Vikings.

It had been 18 years since Cleveland had been in the playoffs and 26 years since they won a playoff game. Stefanski accomplished both of those in his first season and was close to taking out the Chiefs in the 2nd round. I think that's pretty good. I will be very surprised if they don't make the playoffs again this season.

I listened to the KFAN call in show and no one was happy. Actually one guy was with the win.

Were they really happy?

"Happy Day" I think is exaggerating. Relief is more accurate.

They miss that last FG, I firmly believe Zimmer does not walk out of the stadium as HC.

Sounds like a perfect fit for the Vikings.

It had been 18 years since Cleveland had been in the playoffs and 26 years since they won a playoff game. Stefanski accomplished both of those in his first season and was close to taking out the Chiefs in the 2nd round. I think that's pretty good. I will be very surprised if they don't make the playoffs again this season.
The nfl system does help you to succeed by providing you guaranteed too draft picks unlike the NBA and their lottery. Very close to winning ain’t winning either. Zimmer almost beat Seattle at TCF and he didn’t. At the end of the day you’re judged by your wins and losses not almost wins.

Can I get in the way-back machine, and go back to 2006 and hire him like they should have?
At the time he'd never even been a coordinator IIRC. Without Chilli hiring him as DC, he never becomes the Steelers coach. We have the worst luck/timing. We should have promoted Dungy to head coach in 1996. We should have promoted Tomlin in 07 and we should have promoted Stefanski after 2019 and let Zim go to Dallas. But it' s easier said than done.

"Happy Day" I think is exaggerating. Relief is more accurate.

They miss that last FG, I firmly believe Zimmer does not walk out of the stadium as HC.
Fair enough, and quite probably correct.

How many fans left the building after the Lions failed 4th down with less than 3:39 on the clock in Detroit territory, up 16-6?

I'm not sure, but I don't think the Lions had run a play in the Red Zone, until Mattison coughed up the ball. Furthermore, why was he even struggling for yards, 7 short of a 1st down? Just go to the ground, run the clock and punt.

How many fans left the building after the Lions failed 4th down with less than 3:39 on the clock in Detroit territory, up 16-6?

I'm not sure, but I don't think the Lions had run a play in the Red Zone, until Mattison coughed up the ball. Furthermore, why was he even struggling for yards, 7 short of a 1st down? Just go to the ground, run the clock and punt.
He was being held up while others stripped it, IIRC. The NFL really needs to do something about that. I'm surprised there aren't more fumbles in these situations.

The Vikings are multi-billion dollar organization. You have an employee (Breeland) tweet this towards the customers of that organization (fans). And nothing happens.
Can you imagine if an employee of a large corporation, made that same tweet toward their customer base? They would be fired immediately. The Vikings really need to release Breeland today. He is as bad off the field, as he is, on the field.

Moves that should happen this week:

-Breeland released

-Chris Herndon released

-Darrisaw named starting LT
Breeland is not good. But I don't think we have the depth to release. Hopefully Dantzler can play well the rest of the year.

Not sure what we "need" in terms of depth at TE. In theory you could just roll with Conklin and Ellefson. But I doubt they'd feel comfortable with only two. That said, Herndon has done a whole lot of nothing. I suppose you could just as well promote Dillon to be a back-up blocking TE, if one of the two starters go down.

Darrisaw looked great. Only watched him one series, when I noticed he was in. I think they'll keep working him in, slowly ratcheting up his reps.

The Vikings are multi-billion dollar organization. You have an employee (Breeland) tweet this towards the customers of that organization (fans). And nothing happens.
Can you imagine if an employee of a large corporation, made that same tweet toward their customer base? They would be fired immediately. The Vikings really need to release Breeland today. He is as bad off the field, as he is, on the field.
Not that it excuses the tweet, of course, but he could argue that he wasn't talking to fans, but rather other players? Couldn't disprove that, one way or the other.

Breeland is not good. But I don't think we have the depth to release. Hopefully Dantzler can play well the rest of the year.
He's awful and now a PR disaster. They can sign a CB off the street that's less problematic. Hopefully Dantzler is back. It appears he actually has/had Covid, not just exposure, but is vaxxed.

Not sure what we "need" in terms of depth at TE. In theory you could just roll with Conklin and Ellefson. But I doubt they'd feel comfortable with only two. That said, Herndon has done a whole lot of nothing. I suppose you could just as well promote Dillon to be a back-up blocking TE, if one of the two starters go down.
See above except for the PR part.
Darrisaw looked great. Only watched him one series, when I noticed he was in. I think they'll keep working him in, slowly ratcheting up his reps.
His PFF grade was only marginally better than Hill's, but that in itself tells you how bad Hill is. It should get better from here.

His PFF grade was only marginally better than Hill's, but that in itself tells you how bad Hill is.
Did Hill get beat much by Lion DE's? Serious question. It could just be that Hill had a fine game.

Darrisaw just seems more physical, and beefy/bull strong to me.

Did Hill get beat much by Lion DE's? Serious question. It could just be that Hill had a fine game.

Darrisaw just seems more physical, and beefy/bull strong to me.
He got knocked totally on his $%% on the first play of the 2nd half and Cousins was sacked. Both Hill and Darrisaw had ~55 grades on PFF which is subpar.

He got knocked totally on his $%% on the first play of the 2nd half and Cousins was sacked. Both Hill and Darrisaw had ~55 grades on PFF which is subpar.
Didn't see that play, but I also didn't see Darrisaw get knocked around in the slightest.

Getting knocked on your ass and letting your guy get a QB sack, I doubt gets you a worse grade than just getting beat from fighting hard. I doubt PFF has humans doing advanced gradients of grades for every player on every play, but maybe they do.

He’s gone as soon as they find somebody better.

Top Bottom