All Things 2021 Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread

It’s a prediction and this is a message board. Not sure why you have such an issue with it.
I don't have an issue with anybody's prediction. You decided to take a shot at me on this board and this thread a few posts ago because I evidently posted something with which you disagreed, so I decided to respond.

Gotta think that the Wolves will be better this year. When Towns and Russell were together they were 7-5. Add Beasley on the court with them and the 3 of them also were above .500.

That said think their success really depends on them staying healthy and on KAT. People who went after him for not playing up to his potential, either don't know what happened or just don't play attention. Or just want to troll.

Yeah, the internet huh?

Too many people forget that KAT lost his Mom to COVID. Lost 6 other family members including his Uncle. Then he contacted it himself. Looked for articles about it and found an SI one written this morning. Sheds light on what Towns has had to endure.

"On Jan. 15, Karl-Anthony Towns tested positive for COVID-19. Just nine months after the 25-year-old watched his mother, Jacqueline Towns, die of the same disease that also killed his uncle and five other members of his family, this was a nightmare scenario.

Towns received treatment at an area hospital, then quarantined at home for the next few weeks, isolated from friends and family. Basketball had been the closest thing in his life to an outlet. Now, by himself, he had no choice but to confront the pain that followed his mother’s sudden death.

“I’ve had a lot of situations this year where things were just too much for me,” Towns says. “I just remember [quarantining] in the house, and it was more than just COVID for me. I felt like I was going through a holistic journey.”

On Feb. 1, Towns was cleared to join the team on a road trip that began in Cleveland. He had worked his way back after losing 50 pounds while recovering from COVID-19. “I was as big as D’Angelo [Russell],” he jokes. “I was as big as our guards. You think I’m gonna play center?”..

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/09/27/karl-anthony-towns-covid-19-daily-cover

Going with under .500, though just barely.

Betting against the Wolves is a profitable endeavor.

I don't have an issue with anybody's prediction. You decided to take a shot at me on this board and this thread a few posts ago because I evidently posted something with which you disagreed, so I decided to respond.
Wait a minute, I've seen you post on the politics board. You have an issue with someone taking a shot at you. Seriously

bwahbwahbwahbwahbwahbwah

Does anyone know if the wolves preseason games are going to be televised?

Wait a minute, I've seen you post on the politics board. You have an issue with someone taking a shot at you. Seriously

bwahbwahbwahbwahbwahbwah
You are a newbie. On the politics board most things are fair game. Over here we generally stick to the subject.

You are a newbie. On the politics board most things are fair game. Over here we generally stick to the subject.
Ok, you never stick to the topic on the political board just for the record. One-liners and memes mostly. Thanks for helping me understand how each board works.

Last edited:

Ok, you never stick to the topic on the political board just for the record. One-liners and memes mostly. Thanks for helping me understand how each board works.
Are you really Kevin Garnett?

How did I not stick to the subject? I called you out for saying something untrue about the Wolves owners.

How did I not stick to the subject? I called you out for saying something untrue about the Wolves owners.
Post #221. Publicized net worths are meaningless.. If they had the money to buy the team, they would own the team. I've never heard of a professional sports team purchased on lay away. Have you?

Post #221. Publicized net worths are meaningless.. If they had the money to buy the team, they would own the team. I've never heard of a professional sports team purchased on lay away. Have you?
Net worth is hardly meaningless. Maybe Taylor doesn't want to give up 100% of the team immediately either...

Net worth is hardly meaningless. Maybe Taylor doesn't want to give up 100% of the team immediately either...
Publicized net worth is meaningless. None of us have a clue what these guys are actually worth. It’s reasonable to assume that if Lore and Alex had $1.5B of debt and equity cash available today (NBA franchises can be purchased with up to 50% debt), they would own the wolves. Secondly, Taylor should sell outright today. His cap gains hit will likely be greater in two years after the dem legislation passes and taxes get raised.

This was the best deal available for Taylor, so he took it. All the kumbaya stuff we don’t know about and the contractual obligation to keep the team in Mpls we already know isn’t true. He probably figured that if they can’t perform he still controls a very valuable asset and picked a few hundred million bucks. He still wins.

Top Bottom