All Things 2021 Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread

No days off for 2 years. Basketball isn't that serious.

Everybody works for a psychopath who can't make a draft day trade without blowing it. Meanwhile, said psychopath is catching blowjobs behind the desk.

Great place to work.

Exactly right. Flim-flam men. Lore is rich, but not rich enough to buy a team. A-Rod is rich, but not even remotely rich enough to buy a team. He's in for the glam.
BTW, anybody who thinks Glen hasn’t been a successful owner is looking at the wrong metrics.
He did save the team for this market. For us few diehards, that’s huge.
Far, far, far more importantly, Glen has parlayed probably less than $10M of his own cash in 1995 to somewhere around $1B in his pocket in 2023 if this sale gets done.
Players, coaches and POBO’s come and go. Owners follow the money.

President of basketball operations Gersson Rosas was fired by the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday, with sources telling ESPN's Ramona Shelburne that the team came to the decision after learning more about his relationships within the organization.

Team owner Glen Taylor announced Rosas' firing on Wednesday, replacing him with Sachin Gupta, the Timberwolves' executive vice president of basketball operations.

Sources close to the situation told Shelburne that incoming owners Marc Lore and Alex Rodriguez had been evaluating Rosas' performance this summer and had planned to relieve him of his duties at some point. According to sources, that process sped up the more they learned about the deterioration of his relationship with Gupta and after evidence was brought to them about a consensual romantic relationship between Rosas and another team employee.

While sources said the organization does not believe the relationship violated any of its internal policies, the Timberwolves planned to conduct an internal investigation after they were made aware of it this week.

Taylor, who is transferring ownership to Lore and Rodriguez over the course of the next two years, made the final decision to relieve Rosas of his responsibilities on Wednesday, less than a week before training camp opens.

Gupta, who sources said had been barred from the facility by Rosas after the two had a falling out several weeks ago, was subsequently elevated to interim president of basketball operations.

The Wolves are planning to conduct a broader search to find a permanent replacement, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski..

The wolves off-season starts next week. For the other teams it’s the start of the NBA season.
Anybody who thinks the wolves will be run any less chaotically if (not when) ARod and Lore take majority ownership are dreaming. These guys are all flash and not enough cash to play with the big boys of the NBA. As we know, ARod is a liar and a cheat. Always has been and that’s not going to change. Lore once beat a retired Jerry Rice in a race. Who cares? The point is they don’t have the money to buy the team or they would own the team. That’s how it works. My guess is they are looking for investors. Ownership transition instability means the kind of stuff like what happened yesterday will continue.
At least Lore comes in and doesn't waste time getting rid of Rosas. That was leadership we haven't seen in a long time.

Note to the ladies: HR immediately gets all parties to document everything as consensual. Do not sign that document.

Taylor owns the team. Lore has to buy it.

Dumb response.

Lore is worth 4 billion, Taylor is worth 2.7 billion. The Wolves are selling for 1.5 billion. Tell me again how Lore can't afford them, especially with Arod pitching in?

The owner of the MN United is worth 1.24 billion. What's dumb is you and jamiche's argument, per usual.

Last edited:

Lore is worth 4 billion, Taylor is worth 2.7 billion. The Wolves are selling for 1.5 billion. Tell me again how Lore can't afford them, especially with Arod pitching in?

The owner of the MN United is worth 1.24 billion. What's dumb is you and jamiche's argument, per usual.
Being worth 4 billion doesn't mean you have 1.5 billion in liquid assets. There's a reason they're looking for other investors. I'd say there's still a 20% chance or so the deal falls through.

Not bright.

Being worth 4 billion doesn't mean you have 1.5 billion in liquid assets. There's a reason they're looking for other investors. I'd say there's still a 20% chance or so the deal falls through.
I don't think it falls through. They are already too involved to have that happen imo.

I don't think it falls through. They are already too involved to have that happen imo.

Yep. The NBA vetting process has become a little more thorough since Harv and Marv tried to sell them to those con artists down in New Orleans.

I'm finding it sort of funny that Rosas does the extramarital thing and Alex Rodriguez(king of the extra-marital affairs) can be in on those decisions. I know there was more to it, but still.............

If you have 4 billion in net worth, you can sell assets to get 1.5 billion in cash. Plus it was already approved by the NBA, which wouldn't have happened if he didn't have the money.

Lore has about the same net worth as Fertitta did when he bought the Rockets for 2.2 billion in 2017, and has a higher net worth than Ryan Smith who just bought the Jazz for 1.6 billion.

I'm finding it sort of funny that Rosas does the extramarital thing and Alex Rodriguez(king of the extra-marital affairs) can be in on those decisions. I know there was more to it, but still.............

Understandable.;)

Though honestly, it's down the list. She was a V.P. and by all accounts it was consensual.

It was the way he did his job and how badly he treated a whole bunch of other people.

Didn't A-Rod hand out "Swag Bags"?

Lore has more money than Glen Taylor
I don’t know if he has more money or less money than Taylor. We do know that he doesn’t have the finances available at this time to purchase a controlling interest in the team.

It only falls through if they can’t come up with the dough, but that’s the whole thing.
If I bought 20% of a company and the guy who actually still owns it started letting me make make major decisions, I’d jump in with both feet. That still doesn’t mean I have the capacity to buy the rest of the company.

That was Jeter. I'm sure ARod has done it too, but Jeter is the one that received media attention for it. It should be noted, Jeter wasn't married until after his playing career.

Howl Wolves!!
Yup. Your right. I was Jeets.

It only falls through if they can’t come up with the dough, but that’s the whole thing.
If I bought 20% of a company and the guy who actually still owns it started letting me make make major decisions, I’d jump in with both feet. That still doesn’t mean I have the capacity to buy the rest of the company.
It is the Wolves so anything can happen.

Rosas apparently refused to include DLo in a Simmons deal. Maybe Gupta is smart enough to shipout an overpaid and overrated player like DLo.

Souhan: Gersson Rosas was a failure for Timberwolves. What should they do next?

As a longtime baseball writer, I frequently heard stories about Alex Rodriguez. Some involved steroids. Some involved arrogance. All were unflattering.

As a longtime observer of Minnesota sports, I am about to say something I never before could have imagined myself or anyone saying:

Alex, please come to Minnesota and take charge.

Please clean up the mess that is the Minnesota Timberwolves. And hurry.

If ever an organization needed PEDs — performance enhancing directors — it is the Timberwolves.

Howl Wolves!!

The Wolves will make the playoffs this season as long as they stay healthy. With or without Ben Simmons.

Top Bottom