All Things 2021 Gophers in the NFL Thread

By my count there are 17 former Gophers in NFL camps. That has to be the highest number ever. It's so much fun watching these guys perform at the next level. It can't be bad for recruiting either.

Rashod Bateman - WR - Baltimore Ravens
Briean Boddy-Calhoun - CB - Tennessee Titans
De'Vondre Campbell - LB - Green Bay Packers
Blake Cashman - LB - New York Jets
Jonathan Celestin- LB - Carolina Panthers
Carter Coughlin - LB - New York Giants
Tyler Johnson - WR - Tampa Bay Bucs
Kamal Martin - LB - Green Bay Packers
Eric Murray - CB - Houston Texans
Ryan Santoso - K - New York Giants
Rodney Smith - RB - Carolina Panthers
Benjamin St-Juste - CB - WFT
Chris Streveler - QB - Arizona Cardinals
Maxx Williams - TE - Arizona Cardinals
Chris Williamson - CB - Atlanta Falcons
Damien Wilson - LB - Jacksonville Jaguars
Antoine Winfield JR - SS - Tampa Bay Bucs

Did I miss anyone?
Six Linebackers in the NFL, nice :clap:

Nice profile on St-Juste:

In June, just weeks after Washington drafted him and days after his first practices, St-Juste’s focus shifted to locking down the woman he loved. He’d already asked her parents for permission to ask her to marry him. They were together overseas, overlooking the river Tagus with friends aware of his romantic next step.

Their bond grew stronger from their long talks despite their rigorous schedules as student-athletes and their geography. Beyond living in different countries, St-Juste transferred to Minnesota before the 2019 season. Hall, who was part of the team that set a school record in the 4×400 indoor relay, transferred to Georgia as a graduate student for the 2020-21 season and focused on marketing courses and running track for the SEC powerhouse.

During the height of the pandemic, St-Juste couldn’t get across the border to Montreal, so he shifted his base to her hometown. Their relationship also turned into a training partnership.

Much more here: https://theathletic.com/2784044/202...elebration/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

Go Gophers!!

Wikipedia says he decided to retire. No discussion of concussions.
He and former Vikings RB Robert Smith are probably the smart ones. They walked away from the game to avoid serious injury with lifelong consequences. CTE is scary, but that is not the only worry.

So how many Gophers on final rosters and how does that compare to previous years and vs. wisconsin and Iowa?

Did Kamal Martin get picked up by another team?

From what I can tell, Kamal Martin hasn't landed on a different team yet. Really weird.

From what I can tell, Kamal Martin hasn't landed on a different team yet. Really weird.
It is rare for GB to release a draft pick so quickly. I follow a lot of Packers media people and the common themes that come up from coaches/staff were injuries and a lack of consistency. I hope he lands somewhere and that the speed of the game at the NFL level slows down for him.

Top Bottom