All Things 2021 Gophers Football Fall Camp Thread (Tweets, Articles, Videos and more)

It's nice to see the team have fun outings together. It keeps them out of trouble.

It's nice to see the team have fun outings together. It keeps them out of trouble.
Yeah, fall camp is a grind. Outings like the Twins game and Top Golf help keep the players positive and having fun.

Although I will say, the old players probably look at the current "grind" the players have and laugh. Over the years they have really lightened the load that coaches are allowed to dump on the players in terms of the number and frequency of practices.

Yeah, fall camp is a grind. Outings like the Twins game and Top Golf help keep the players positive and having fun.

Although I will say, the old players probably look at the current "grind" the players have and laugh. Over the years they have really lightened the load that coaches are allowed to dump on the players in terms of the number and frequency of practices.
True, but the old timers also didn't have all the off season training that players do now. It is basically a year round sport now.

True, but two-a-days were possibly/probably counterproductive. I hated them and cared only about getting those two weeks over and not getting better. The fatigue that they produced IMHO was not conducive to learning and improving. I think that the current regimen is better.

True, but two-a-days were possibly/probably counterproductive. I hated them and cared only about getting those two weeks over and not getting better. The fatigue that they produced IMHO was not conducive to learning and improving. I think that the current regimen is better.
How many high schools are doing 2 a days now for football? We used to do them in soccer but I think most have stopped now. I heard my local HS was doing 2 a days for football which is why I ask.

They are going smarter about practice and IIRC, they are using wearable monitors that track each player's performance and vitals. The same goes for injury and over-exercise mitigation.

I know the players, especially the new guys, see it as a grind. Days that start at 7am and end at 11pm, with a packed schedule all day, are something the new guys haven’t experienced. It’s good for them to get that shock to the system.

Go Gophers!!
He's massive and strong as a horse, not a single person doubts it. If he gets his mitts on you, you're done.

NFL scouts will be looking at how well he can handle serious speed rushes/quick moves.

Top Bottom