All Things 2021 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

zakai announcing Friday afternoon. Minnesota, Wichita state, and his safety school, Tennessee

wichita state semester started aug 16. Tennessee aug 18. Would a player even care starting that deep into a semester?

Last edited:

zakai announcing Friday afternoon. Minnesota, Wichita state, and his safety school, Tennessee

wichita state semester started aug 16. Tennessee aug 18. Would a player even care starting that deep into a semester?
He's already in the U of Tennessee directory as a math major. Unless he suddenly had a huge change of heart, he's off to Tennessee.

Curious decision though since he's going to be buried on the depth chart. I have no doubt he would see some minutes this year, if he came to Minnesota. He would be on the inside track to starting for a Big Ten school as a Sophomore.

It's Tennessee, the last date to enroll at Tennessee is Friday August 27th for the fall semester.

It's Tennessee, the last date to enroll at Tennessee is Friday August 27th for the fall semester.
Yes, and Rick Barnes has put together two straight strong recruiting classes. It's fine to wonder why a kid will choose a school that already has a guard or three, questioning playing time, etc. But Tennessee also has a recent track record of getting these guys to the NBA or at least G-league, so some kids are going to gravitate to that even when comparing vs possible immediate playing time. They also move the ball and play fast, similar to an Auburn, Baylor, Ark, etc. Assuming that's the type of program/style Ben Johnson is building, he'll start getting more of these guys. It's actually refreshing to see he's in on some of these more nationally recognized guys. He and his staff seem like they're coming into their own now.

Vols board was saying the 24th. either way, he's in the student directory and enrolled. But, he's only committed to at least one year at Tennessee if he's signed the NLI, correct?

But, his 5 year clock has started ticking I think.

Last edited:

Vols board was saying the 24th. either way, he's in the student directory and enrolled. But, he's only committed to at least one year at Tennessee if he's signed the NLI, correct?

But, his 5 year clock has started ticking I think.
Does anyone get held to any commitment these days?

Gut Punch.
at least it gives me confidence that the staff can recognize under appreciated talent. i thought utenn was loaded at pg. maybe some of their pgs will look to transfer. hey BJ Edwards, how many years before you even get into a game?

No his skill set is different than Murphy’s and finesse is a word I would not use to describe Tschetter. Tschetter can shoot has some low post moves on both blocks. He has counter moves on both blocks. He will take a charge and do some dirty work.

Imo better overall potential than Joey King. Give King props he could shoot his ass off. All bigs get away with things in HS because they are 4-5 inches taller than most players but if you look at Tschetter’s skill set he had some things that can translate to college success.
Not bad 4 years later

Cheddar in the portal yet? Would he come home? Spaulding might say he's the Wisconsin type

Top Bottom