All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Wolves fade at the finish in narrow home loss to Nuggets​

"Timberwolves coach Chris Finch was an assistant in Denver when the Nuggets were coalescing from a young team with talent into a playoff team. So, before the Nuggets played Saturday at Target Center, Finch was asked what he took away from his time in Denver.

"That they were going to be really good,'' Finch said. "I've said it many times, I got a lot of similar feelings when I came here with the young core as when I was there. It took a couple seasons for it to fall together, and now they're a playoff lock. And, hopefully, we can follow that same path.''

Perhaps.

But the Wolves couldn't get past the Nuggets this time.

Outscored 9-4 down the stretch, the Wolves lost 93-91 to the Nuggets, who got 26 points, 19 rebounds and seven assists from reigning MVP Nikola Jokic and some clutch defense from Will Barton and Jokic as time expired

"It's tough,'' said Malik Beasley, who led the Wolves with 18 points off the bench. He hit six of 10 three-pointers, starting to see his shot fall after struggling early this season..

A few thoughts/comments after last night's game:

1. The wolves have a chicken/egg problem with the refs. They aren't going to get treated fairly until they get good. They can't get good unless they are treated fairly.
2. Jokic makes it look so damn easy.
3. I hope KAT continues the good behavior.
4. Okogie in the open court with the ball is a felony.
5. DLo's extremely casual approach to possessing the basketball is also a felony.
6. It's kind of a cliche but this team is now good enough to make spectacular plays. However, it's not good enough to do the little things. Until it does the little things, it will be just below average.
7. McDaniels continues to disappoint offensively. Before the season, I wouldn't have included him in a Simmons trade. Now I would.

FBA146CB-0573-4C32-A770-7D866B80EFDE.jpeg
Looks like the Wolves are bringing the trees back.

this is the real trees jersey!

1635791474238.png

At the 5:05 mark of the 3rd, it's Orlando 65 Timberwolves 72.

The Magic are 21-27 from the FT line. Minnesota is 4-8.

Laugh My Ass Off

Cooper Rush and now this shit show.

Just Fuck us all.

Russell and Beasley combining to go 4 for 22. Completely maddening.

Russell and Beasley combining to go 4 for 22. Completely maddening.
Edwards can't make anything other than a layup.

Jayden McDaniels is hopeless on offense. Vando can't shoot.

We were blown out by 1-6 Orlando.

Go gopher football. It's all there is.

The only positive is that I was able to turn it off with four minutes left in the game.

For every fun Ant dunk there are five stupid or careless plays. Or they miss the few FT's they get.

The Wolves suck. Can't shoot 3's and can't rebound. Defense is much improved but it doesn't matter when the previously mentioned isn't happening.

The Wolves suck. Can't shoot 3's and can't rebound. Defense is much improved but it doesn't matter when the previously mentioned isn't happening.
They made enough 3s to get a free Beef & Cheddar at Arby's with the Timberwolves App, though.

When two of your top three guards (Russell and Beasley) shoot under 36%....you have problems. Especially Russell. Woof. Gets paid WAY too much to jack up horrible shots the way he does.

Wonder if a state-funded compromise could somehow be found with a new arena that would host both?

But where would the compromise location be? Neither downtown wants to give up what they've got.
They should, but I think the ship has sailed. Too much of the Wild's season ticket base would pitch a fit if they moved to Minneapolis and I can't see the Wolves moving to St. Paul.

Frankly a shared Gophers/Wolves replacement for the Barn might make more sense, but I don't see the U wanting to be off campus or wanting Wolves traffic 41 times/year on campus.

They should, but I think the ship has sailed. Too much of the Wild's season ticket base would pitch a fit if they moved to Minneapolis and I can't see the Wolves moving to St. Paul.

Frankly a shared Gophers/Wolves replacement for the Barn might make more sense, but I don't see the U wanting to be off campus or wanting Wolves traffic 41 times/year on campus.
Gophers don't need, and shouldn't play in, an arena that seats 19-20k.

They do need a new arena, maybe something like 10k.

Gophers don't need, and shouldn't play in, an arena that seats 19-20k.

They do need a new arena, maybe something like 10k.
Sadly you might be right. The days of 14,625 for every B1G game probably aren't ever coming back.

I mean ... Wolves fans on here who go to games: if they moved to Xcel, would that alone cause you to lose interest and likely never attend?

Have you never been to Cossetta's??? :)

I mean ... Wolves fans on here who go to games: if they moved to Xcel, would that alone cause you to lose interest and likely never attend?

Have you never been to Cossetta's??? :)
They're religiously going to T-wolves games...if nothing has turned them away at this point you could probably move the team to Wadena and they'd go.

I mean, Coleman offered to build them a practice facility in STP and have them play in Xcel, back when people were horse trading about what to do for the Vikings stadium.

Should've done it then.

They're religiously going to T-wolves games...if nothing has turned them away at this point you could probably move the team to Wadena and they'd go.
No....no I wouldn't. I think this is the last year for me.

No....no I wouldn't. I think this is the last year for me.
I genuinely think if they decided to rebuild the team around Ant they could make things interesting. They have needed to ditch Towns for a while now and they should ASAP as I think the league is still high on him. He's not a winner. Not sure what the market value for him or D Lo is anymore but they aren't winning with those guys around.

I genuinely think if they decided to rebuild the team around Ant they could make things interesting. They have needed to ditch Towns for a while now and they should ASAP as I think the league is still high on him. He's not a winner. Not sure what the market value for him or D Lo is anymore but they aren't winning with those guys around.

If you thought the 3 point shooting has been bad, how bad do you think it'll be if they get rid of their best and most consistent 3 point shooter in Towns?

Everyone is ready to anoint Ant as the next big thing, and he is a lot of fun to watch. But his shot still leaves a lot to be desired.

I get why people get frustrated with Towns, but he is still far and away the Wolves best and most consistent player on offense. And shockingly, offense has been the Wolves biggest problem so far this season.

If you thought the 3 point shooting has been bad, how bad do you think it'll be if they get rid of their best and most consistent 3 point shooter in Towns?

Everyone is ready to anoint Ant as the next big thing, and he is a lot of fun to watch. But his shot still leaves a lot to be desired.

I get why people get frustrated with Towns, but he is still far and away the Wolves best and most consistent player on offense. And shockingly, offense has been the Wolves biggest problem so far this season.
Ant takes too many threes off the dribble. He also gets lazy and instead of driving, he pulls up from 3. He should be taking it to the cup every time and creating, or, if he shoots 3's, should be off of catch and shooting

Towns is a good offensive piece. I never said he isn't a good player I said he isn't a winner. For the amount of money he and D Lo are being paid they just aren't getting it done.

Towns is a good offensive piece. I never said he isn't a good player I said he isn't a winner. For the amount of money he and D Lo are being paid they just aren't getting it done.

They've only played in 31 games together, and are above .500 in those games.

The few losses this week have been frustrating, but it's far too early to give up. They desperately need a true PF.

Top Bottom