All Things 2021-2022 College Basketball Coach Hire/Fire Thread

I think you're right...I think a lot of these guys and their egos thrive on being the center of attention and power, though. Which they don't get as TV analysts.

Well, sure, but others have traded off that stuff for less pressure, particularly later in life. We'll see about Crean. You can always go back to coaching if you really want to.

Sorry, but I don't so digging around for old threads like some others. Maybe mods should pin threads like that to the top of the page.
Agree that some of these "All things" type threads should be pinned. Not sure why they don't do that on this board. I've seen that on other boards.

giphy.gif

Florida fans appear to be laughing their asses off. Could end up being a decent hire if he can get the same results though. Not good enough at Florida would be a nice improvement at Georgia: .500 or a little better in conference and making the tournament most years. This does sort of feel like if Gopher football had hired Gary Andersen away from Wisconsin though: a guy who wasn't getting terrible results, but they wanted to get rid of him, and basically constitutes the athletic department admitting that what is considered a disappointment by a rival is something that our program aspires to. I would have thought that Georgia football money might allow them to swing for the fences a little more, but White has been more consistent, and doesn't have the sort of clunker "couldn't make the NIT with 2 5-stars in the starting lineup" seasons that Crean had at Indiana.

Florida fans appear to be laughing their asses off. Could end up being a decent hire if he can get the same results though. Not good enough at Florida would be a nice improvement at Georgia: .500 or a little better in conference and making the tournament most years. This does sort of feel like if Gopher football had hired Gary Andersen away from Wisconsin though: a guy who wasn't getting terrible results, but they wanted to get rid of him, and basically constitutes the athletic department admitting that what is considered a disappointment by a rival is something that our program aspires to. I would have thought that Georgia football money might allow them to swing for the fences a little more, but White has been more consistent, and doesn't have the sort of clunker "couldn't make the NIT with 2 5-stars in the starting lineup" seasons that Crean had at Indiana.
How much $$ will UF offer Billy Donavan to come back?

Mississippi Valley State chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom