All Things 2014 Basketball Recruiting Thread

When do they "get back from NY"

I suppose when they get back from NY. :) Hopefully his team has a nice run in the HS tourney.

And speaking of Sandy Cohen, how has his 247 sports prediction % gone to 77% for the Gophers? I haveb't seen one piece of information that would leave me to believe the Gophers even have a shot at this point.

I suppose when they get back from NY. :) Hopefully his team has a nice run in the HS tourney.

And speaking of Sandy Cohen, how has his 247 sports prediction % gone to 77% for the Gophers? I haveb't seen one piece of information that would leave me to believe the Gophers even have a shot at this point.

We were one of his top schools before he comitted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Just waiting patiently for that Piper commit..........

I agree. I like the idea that Martin, Mason, and Piper may all be in position to start in 2015. We need firepower in the worst way for next season, but really can't see it happening. Wouldn't be surprised to see us bank a scholarship, even though that's the last thing on their mind right now. Wouldn't mind them taking a multi-year transfer.

Just a reminder, Djuan Piper will likely matchup against Vaughn the Villain, when Rainier Beach and Findlay Prep play each other in about 10 minutes (3 pm CT) on ESPNU.

I just want to say I'm proud of this board for not starting a McDonald's All-America thread last night. Well done everyone.

I just want to say I'm proud of this board for not starting a McDonald's All-America thread last night. Well done everyone.

I watched some, and Tyus is smooth as they come, Reid looked unathletic in the gym with some of those kids during the minutes I watched. Rashad looked like a scoring machine.

I'll still follow these 3.

Watching Piper's game right now and they're down 26-23 at half. Piper seems pretty good defensively and has good size and athleticism but really hasn't been involved much on the offensive end of the floor yet.

Watching Piper's game right now and they're down 26-23 at half. Piper seems pretty good defensively and has good size and athleticism but really hasn't been involved much on the offensive end of the floor yet.

Feel free to continue posting updates for us that can't watch. :D

David Crisp and Shaqquan Aaron are both jacking up some really poor long-distance shots for the Beach as soon as they get into the half-court set. Obviously I haven't seen them play consistently this year, but both players seem very overrated to me.

-Piper is very lengthy, has been solid on defense, and is a strong rebounder from what I can tell. He's only shot twice today, only gotten the ball on offense maybe 4 times, so his offensive game is still somewhat of a mystery.

David Crisp and Shaqquan Aaron are both jacking up some really poor long-distance shots for the Beach as soon as they get into the half-court set. Obviously I haven't seen them play consistently this year, but both players seem very overrated to me.

-Piper is very lengthy, has been solid on defense, and is a strong rebounder from what I can tell. He's only shot twice today, only gotten the ball on offense maybe 4 times, so his offensive game is still somewhat of a mystery.
Agree, the Beach really doesn't even seem to be running much offensively just a lot of individual play and forced shots from them so far.

If I was Lorenzo Romar, I would redshirt David Crisp next season, and have him sit on the bench so he can see what it's like to play team basketball. He just looks terrible. He's shot probably 10 threes today, missed all of them. 8 have been contested/rushed, maybe 1 shot was on target.

Agree, the Beach really doesn't even seem to be running much offensively just a lot of individual play and forced shots from them so far.

It's disappointing basketball for sure. Maybe this is why Djuan has been so overlooked by everyone, because he never gets the ball to be able to show what he can do. It'll be interesting to see how he does in college with a team that runs a real offensive system and that shares the basketball.

It's disappointing basketball for sure. Maybe this is why Djuan has been so overlooked by everyone, because he never gets the ball to be able to show what he can do. It'll be interesting to see how he does in college with a team that runs a real offensive system and that shares the basketball.
He does seem to be the one player on their team that really looks for others and seems to understand sharing the ball. The Murray kid for them has also looked pretty decent and hasn't forced too much. EDIT: and just as I finished typing that Murray takes a bad forced 3 pointer.

Nice offensive board and putback for Piper to cut it to a 46-38 Findlay lead at the end of the 3rd quarter.

They looked 1000% better taking out Aaron and Piper pushing it down the floor. Murray has had the best game of any beach player.

He does seem to be the one player on their team that really looks for others and seems to understand sharing the ball. The Murray kid for them has also looked pretty decent and hasn't forced too much. EDIT: and just as I finished typing that Murray takes a bad forced 3 pointer.

For the one guy to shoot the least today, Piper seems to understand the game so much better than anyone else on his team. The other guys think its a video game, where they do behind the back, step back jump shots that they hurl up from 25 feet out with their bodies not even square to the basket. I question the coaches on Rainier Beach.

For the one guy to shoot the least today, Piper seems to understand the game so much better than anyone else on his team. The other guys think its a video game, where they do behind the back, step back jump shots that they hurl up from 25 feet out with their bodies not even square to the basket. I question the coaches on Rainier Beach.

Play in your first nationally televised game ever and a bunch of your twitter followers telling you to blow up on national tv will get you to do some stupid stuff. I am willing to bet that coach is feeling rather helpless right about now.

I think we're seeing why Vaughn going to a school like Findlay was smart. He was just like these kids a year ago forcing shots and trying to win games by himself. He doesn't stand out like he used to but this year in Vegas will have him ahead of many other Freshmen in College.

Top Bottom