All Things 2012 Howard Pulley Summer Pro-Am Update Thread

The only reason I would go to any more ProAm games would be to watch Rodney play. He is still having problems with his outside shot, but he makes at least three or four eye-opening dunks a game. The ref's calls are really inconsistant, and I think most of the players are used to higher quality refereeing.

hard to watch 2nd game last night- got a little chippy and everyone's constant complaining gets old, but Rodney with tip dunks on consecutive posssessions and a missed alley-oop in the first half that was still athletically awesome, made it worth going.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/164533176.html - Amelia interviewed Rodney last night, got some nuggets (she looked good too, if you're into that smart girl 'nerd' look).

Yes, that Rodney missed dunk was amazing. It looked like a standard outlook pass 4-5 feet from the basket and Rodney decided in the air to turn it into an alley-oop/180.

The refs need to get control of the game and the players need to shut-up. Nowhere else have I seen refs delay a game to argue with the players for 30-60 second a pop.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/164533176.html - Amelia interviewed Rodney last night, got some nuggets (she looked good too, if you're into that smart girl 'nerd' look).

Yes, that Rodney missed dunk was amazing. It looked like a standard outlook pass 4-5 feet from the basket and the turned it into an alley-oop/180.

The refs need to get control of the game and the players need to shut-up. Nowhere else have I seen refs delay a game to argue with the players for 30-60 second a pop.

that stop the game to argue with the player sequence was funny. The player is arguing, so the ref that he is arguing with calls a delay of game warning. The delay of game at that point was about 4 seconds, the call was un-necessary. Then the WNBA ref comes from 40 feet away and delays the game by 2 minutes by explaining the previous delay of game penalty.

Cole Aldrich played Monday night. Rodney Williams and Kendal Shell were the only Gophers playing Tuesday night. The two teams with one loss will play tonight with the winner playing 123 Print.com, which has yet to lose Thursday with a game played Friday if 123 Print loses tomorrow.

Chris

Rodney Williams and Kendal Shell were the only Gophers playing Tuesday night.

That reminds me... Kendal has less of a chance playing than Chris Halverson. If he's happy being essentially a practice squad player, more power to him.

Former gopher Damian Johnson played fantastic last night. He was the difference maker for his team; blocking shots, put backs off rebounds, fantastic defense as always and he put on a passing clinic at the end.

Nurumbi - you going again tonight (to check out other spectators)? So it's Rodney & DJ's team tonight? and who is on the other team playing tonight?

Maybe I'll roll up there.. haven't been since week 2. Just put up a few shots at the gym and I can barely stand though...

Nurumbi - you going again tonight (to check out other spectators)? So it's Rodney & DJ's team tonight? and who is on the other team playing tonight?

Maybe I'll roll up there.. haven't been since week 2. Just put up a few shots at the gym and I can barely stand though...

I'm probably a no-go tonight. I'm not sure what Chris is saying, the two teams with one playoff loss or the two leading teams. The way I read the schedule (which I don't have in front of me) is the two losers from last night played each other. If that is correct it's Rundles and Diggs team vs. PJ Hills team (who is back in Europe already). Their team only had 5 guys last night and one guy hurt his foot. Unless they find some subs or some other guys show up it might not be much of a game. Like I said, I might have misread the schedule.

Kind of looks like it would be Pat Madison vs. Fundamentally Sound (Rodney's?) to me.. I think it's down to two teams with 1 playoff loss.. they go tonight.. winner gets 123print and needs to win 2 in a row, or else 123print takes championship

Now that I think of it.. Pat Madison is Buggs & Austin? If Rodney and Buggs are squaring off, might be worthwhile..

Can someone tell me who's playing tonight? jw? Bug name guys tonight,,

It looks like Rodney's team is playing the loser of last night's first game. If I'm not correct I hope someone lets me know.

I was told one team forfeited tonight. Championship game is tomorrow.

Tweet from Errol Carlstrom at Pulley Hoops...FSA defeated Pat Madison Magic by forfeit on Wednesday evening to advance to the championship of the ProCity on Thursday at 7:15PM

Top Bottom