All Things 2012 Howard Pulley Summer Pro-Am Update Thread

If any of the Gophers quit Pulley League I would applaud them. A bummer for Pulley fans, but no great loss for the players.

A guy that I sat next to during Thursdays games said that Welch quit. This guy blamed it on the lack of passing from #24 on that team (akeem cubie or something like that). I can't fault Welch for doing so, he's not going to become a better guard playing in HP. Wally plays for the same team and played that Thursday, but very little. Was looking to dunk, but didn't shoot well. Zach Lofton got T'd up. Are we able to mention his name on here, or is still a taboo? Rodney was looking to shoot 3s. And Joe probably had 10+ turnovers.

A guy that I sat next to during Thursdays games said that Welch quit. This guy blamed it on the lack of passing from #24 on that team (akeem cubie or something like that). I can't fault Welch for doing so, he's not going to become a better guard playing in HP. Wally plays for the same team and played that Thursday, but very little. Was looking to dunk, but didn't shoot well. Zach Lofton got T'd up. Are we able to mention his name on here, or is still a taboo? Rodney was looking to shoot 3s. And Joe probably had 10+ turnovers.

Wow..how in the hell is Akeem cube playing in the pro am? Hp must be really down nowdays...

Wow..how in the hell is Akeem cube playing in the pro am? Hp must be really down nowdays...

I heard Wally came out of a game the week before with 7 minutes left frustrated and took his shirt off and wasn't comming back in for the same reason.

Apparently Akeem wasn't the only guy not passing, but he's the cancer.

any new updates on howard pulley are appreciated

I heard Wally came out of a game the week before with 7 minutes left frustrated and took his shirt off and wasn't comming back in for the same reason.

Apparently Akeem wasn't the only guy not passing, but he's the cancer.

Any updates from anyone watching any gopher players?

I went last night. I didn't see any current Gophers players, but I did see Tyus Jones play. He appeared to be as good as advertised. The only reservation I might have is that although tremendously quick he is very slight. He has time to gain strength though.

haven't been to the new location in Eagan & am wondering, is the place air conditioned. Also, are there decent places to sit?
Thanks in advance.

Yes there is AC and yes the court is surrounded by bleachers, which aside from the large poles in the building provide good views.

I went to the Pro City League last night and Wally E. played for the Pat Madison Magic team. I'm not sure if it was a one-time event or if he will be playing regularly with that team. Charles Buggs played for the same team last night. Buggs had a couple impressive dunks, but Wally seemed more ready to contribute next year (if he isn't redshirted).

I went to the Pro City League last night and Wally E. played for the Pat Madison Magic team. I'm not sure if it was a one-time event or if he will be playing regularly with that team. Charles Buggs played for the same team last night. Buggs had a couple impressive dunks, but Wally seemed more ready to contribute next year (if he isn't redshirted).

Was Welch still on Wally's team? I hope he switched teams, he was playing with some selfish/low bball IQ guys.

Looking forward to attending tonight.

Was Welch still on Wally's team? I hope he switched teams, he was playing with some selfish/low bball IQ guys.

Looking forward to attending tonight.

I heard he was trying to get on that team, but he didn't play last night.

Yeah, I heard Buggs was doing a little loafing last night. I also heard Joe Coleman looked good.

I think it is every night this week. I would imagine they would have enough teams to have a game at 7pm and 8:30pm
each night.

For me it would be nice to know when teams that have Gophers on them are playing.

I think it is every night this week. I would imagine they would have enough teams to have a game at 7pm and 8:30pm
each night.

It's monday-thursday this week. I think Jerry Kill-A-Brew meant more along the lines of times and who is playing who. That's what I wanted to know atleast...

I went tonight kind of hoping to see Tyus and Chambers put on a show. Tyus had some nice passes, but didn't shoot much and sat on the bench a lot. He looked quite disinterested. Rodney Williams had some nice highlight dunks again. I'd say 12 or so points, but I'm probably way off. Siyani Chambers looked quite impressive again. He had to have close to 20 points. He will be fun to watch at Harvard. I think he will tear up the Ivy league. The real story tonight though was David Hicks of LIU-Brooklyn having close to 15 3's and probably 40+ points. He tore it up in the 4th. Only missed 1 three in the 4th. It was with like 10 secs left and he was going sideways.

Anyways Howard Pulley looked like they had the talent to give FSA a game, but they looked so uniterested (and probably exhausted) after 1 quarter. Joe Coleman was absent tonight. Rodney said it was cause of a leg injury, when I spoke to him pre game. Doubt it's anything severe.

I went tonight kind of hoping to see Tyus and Chambers put on a show. Tyus had some nice passes, but didn't shoot much and sat on the bench a lot. He looked quite disinterested. Rodney Williams had some nice highlight dunks again. I'd say 12 or so points, but I'm probably way off. Siyani Chambers looked quite impressive again. He had to have close to 20 points. He will be fun to watch at Harvard. I think he will tear up the Ivy league. The real story tonight though was David Hicks of LIU-Brooklyn having close to 15 3's and probably 40+ points. He tore it up in the 4th. Only missed 1 three in the 4th. It was with like 10 secs left and he was going sideways.

Anyways Howard Pulley looked like they had the talent to give FSA a game, but they looked so uniterested (and probably exhausted) after 1 quarter. Joe Coleman was absent tonight. Rodney said it was cause of a leg injury, when I spoke to him pre game. Doubt it's anything severe.

Joe left a game last week with what looked like a pulled hamstring. That would be my guess why he was out.

The guy who sells programs said that was HP 17's last game at the ProAm this year and there will only be one game Thursday night.

Looks like this is the last day there are two games (in one night).

I heard Cole Aldrich was there yesterday... Anybody attend? Any Gophers?

It's amazing how insignificant the Howard Pulley summer league has become. What used to be a huge local interest has turned into an afterthought even amongst the most diehard basketball junkies. Not just with Gopher fans, but other local fans as well. I'm sure this has to do with the inconsistency of rosters, complete lack of defense played and the new location which is way out in the sticks.

It's amazing how insignificant the Howard Pulley summer league has become. What used to be a huge local interest has turned into an afterthought even amongst the most diehard basketball junkies. Not just with Gopher fans, but other local fans as well. I'm sure this has to do with the inconsistency of rosters, complete lack of defense played and the new location which is way out in the sticks.

The MAJOR issue I had and why I left early was the officiating. There was a foul called nearly every time down the floor. It made the game so slow and choppy that it was painful to watch. I am fine with no defense, I like the NBA All-Star game for a nice change of pace, but when every single possession has a foul it just kills the game.

I think this year, too, people are more excited about the veterans we have seen before as opposed to the new guys. Last year when it was Joe and especially Andre, highly touted guys many had never seen before, I think there was much more interest. Not to take away from Buggs and Ellenson, but we don't expect them to be major contributors and we've all seen the Gophers play many times before so there is less incentive to go.

I think it’s mostly the inconstant roster and lack of gophers that show up. I really wanted to watch Mo and never made it there on the couple of nights he played.

Watching Rundles vs. Tyus was great. That same night Khalid played, it would have been ever better to see Tyus match up with El-Amin or a Mo vs. Aldrich (if he indeed was there). So there is still some intrigue for me. I was most impressed with the HP team, they youngsters used to get destroyed by the veterans, this year they played almost every team closely.

There is more D played than people give HP league credit for, there a lot of solid guards that don't want to be shown-up.

This is the first year I have gone and I really enjoy them, but agree with just about everything that was said above. The refs are awful, you'd think it was the NBA or something. And it is also frusterating to go to see a certain player or players only for him/them not to show. It really makes you 2nd guess going the next time around. For example, the last time I went I wanted to get Joe Coleman and Mitch Ohnstad's autographs on pics for a Minnesota Mr.Basketball collection I'm starting. Niether showed, of course.

The main reason I haven't gone as much as I'd like to have, though, is cause I work night shifts and haven't gotten a ton of days off this summer. Oh well...

I was there last night and I'm sure that Mitch Ohnstad was there, but he didn't play. He had two different types of footwear on so I presume he had some type of ankle or foot injury. Joe Coleman hasn't played since he appeared to pull a muscle several weeks ago. Rodney seems to be the only Gopher who shows up anymore.

I was there last night and I'm sure that Mitch Ohnstad was there, but he didn't play. He had two different types of footwear on so I presume he had some type of ankle or foot injury. Joe Coleman hasn't played since he appeared to pull a muscle several weeks ago. Rodney seems to be the only Gopher who shows up anymore.

hard to watch 2nd game last night- got a little chippy and everyone's constant complaining gets old, but Rodney with tip dunks on consecutive posssessions and a missed alley-oop in the first half that was still athletically awesome, made it worth going.

Top Bottom