All Things 2012 Gophers Volleyball Season Thread

Minnesota wins in Northwestern today in 4 sets. (17-25, 25-18, 25-21, 25-15) Harms and Wittman paced the team with 19 kills and 15 kills respectively, while each had 8 digs. Freshman Kalysta White added in 2 ACES on her 18th birthday. Meanwhile Daly Santana struggled today, which is not like her. Next up: vs Ohio State at the Pav on Friday at 7:00 on BTN.

A big week end coming up with Ohio St. and Penn St. In an interview Hugh M. said the Gophers are playing at a "high Level" now. Hope they can keep it up. It would be great to win both games this week end (and have the football team keep Floyd).

A big week end coming up with Ohio St. and Penn St. In an interview Hugh M. said the Gophers are playing at a "high Level" now. Hope they can keep it up. It would be great to win both games this week end (and have the football team keep Floyd).

Talk about a dream weekend! :)

Great win for the Gophers -- now 3-0! Bring on Penn State.

Go Gophers!!

We play #1 Penn State tonight. Get out to the pav if you want to see the most exciting match of the year!

Top-ranked Penn State sweeps #Gophers volleyball at the Sports Pavilion. Set scores were 25-23, 25-8, 25-20.

Go Gophers!!

Top-ranked Penn State sweeps #Gophers volleyball at the Sports Pavilion. Set scores were 25-23, 25-8, 25-20.

Go Gophers!!

25-8? Ouchie.

I almost bought a monthly all-access pass for this match mainly. Might have been a good thing I passed. :(

Gophers beat MSU 3-2. The turning point was when the Gophers were down 1-2, 16-20 when McCutcheon inserted Mia Tabberson into the game when the Gophers were serving for Alexandra Palmer. That put more front row height in and made it more difficult for the Spartans to side out. Until then, Sparty did a great job of locating Palmer and hit against a single block.

After that, the Gophers out scored the Spartans 9-3 and won game 5 15-8.

I'm concerned about the Libero play, but in the post game press conference McCutcheon had Lawmaster as one of the two players. He must think she has enough upside, so he wants to give her confidence.

I agree! I encourage you guys to join the VERY POPULAR forum called volleytalk where you can represent gopher nation and get into in- depth conversation there.

I got my first look at the squad last night against Purdue. I'm no expert on the game but I'm guessing that this weeks practice will have a real heavy focus on receiving serve. I can't remember seeing a gopher team struggle so much in that area.

On the upside Harms, Dixon and Wittman were just as good putting kills away as I had hoped and Wittman 's serve looked good. Also, very excited to see Santana for four years. She was very impressive.

I got my first look at the squad last night against Purdue. I'm no expert on the game but I'm guessing that this weeks practice will have a real heavy focus on receiving serve. I can't remember seeing a gopher team struggle so much in that area.

On the upside Harms, Dixon and Wittman were just as good putting kills away as I had hoped and Wittman 's serve looked good. Also, very excited to see Santana for four years. She was very impressive.

Don't jinx that regarding Santana!! And, serve receive has been a struggle all year if you hadn't noticed. The match against Purdue was one of our better serve reception matches! They do need to work on it during practice!

Thanks mn255. Like I said, this was my first chance to see them, including TV so it was a real surprise.

Thanks mn255. Like I said, this was my first chance to see them, including TV so it was a real surprise.
Yeah.. It's going to be a weak point of their game or the rest of the season. Hopefully they minimize the damage though.

On Saturday, Purdue served to Lindsay Lawmaster on their first 5 serves. That resulted in 5 side outs and quick points for the Gophers.

In game 3, they returned to their old ways. But mn255 is right, return of serve, especially in the rotation when Santana and Lawmaster are together, is a weakness.

On Saturday, Purdue served to Lindsay Lawmaster on their first 5 serves. That resulted in 5 side outs and quick points for the Gophers.

So that's what I missed! I was about ten minutes late so it was 12 to 9 or something when I arrived.

They play Northwestern on Friday and tix are $3.
They play Illinois on Sunday at Williams Arena and tickets are just $1.

Can't beat that! Get out and support the gophers!

Add Samantha Seliger Swenson and Molly Lohman on board. There's a chance Ciara Capezio might not be headed here it seems.

We still need an outside hitter in 2014. Lawmaster had a tough match agains Penn State, but I think she ihas been improving. Do we need anothe libero in 2014?

Wow. First match I have watched this year. Our libero really struggles in pass receive. Has it been like that all year?

What a match coming back to beat NU! I'm hooked, that was a blast to watch.

Samantha Seliger Swenson

It is GREAT to hear Samantha Seliger Swenson is going to be a Gopher. She is a special talent and a wonderful person.
Go Gophers!!!!

It will be interesting to see how the chemestry goes from now on with the Bohl for Lawmaster switch. I think Lawmaster is mature enough to handle it. She seemed fine vs Iowa.

Hey mnsports255, what is your view on the switch at libero?

Personally, I like it. I think Lawmaster struggled in serve receive. She was also late to react on defense and was out of position far to much.

Bohl has been making good decisions so far, however I think we need our 1 transfer in the offseason to be a stable Libero. (Assuming we fill that last scholarship)

Top Bottom