All-Star Games thread

Football—Hula Bowl 11AM—CBS Sports Network​

A trio of Gophers will play in the Hula Bowl on Saturday showing off for pro scouts and trying to move up NFL draft boards. Cornerback Coney Durr, offensive tackle Sam Schlueter, and linebacker Jack Gibbons all will see action on Saturday. The Hula Bowl will be played this year in Orlando due to Hawaii COVID restrictions. All three Gophers will be on Team Billick. Kickoff is at 11AM and the game will air on CBS Sports Network.

I love seeing the Gopher helmets out there!

Gibbens- all gold (Indiana game)
Durr - all chrome gold
Schlueter- maroon with shiny chrome decals

Lookin good!

Dang---don't get it on my Spectrum package. How are our Gopher players looking?

Watched some of it. Three Gophers guys didn’t really stand out good or bad.

Schleuter played both LT and RT. He played pretty well to my untrained eye. He did get beaten a couple of times on speed rushes. Gibbens seemed to always be on the other side from where the play was going. I didn’t see them throw at Durr at all.

Schleuter played both LT and RT. He played pretty well to my untrained eye. He did get beaten a couple of times on speed rushes. Gibbens seemed to always be on the other side from where the play was going. I didn’t see them throw at Durr at all.
I noticed several plays in a row where the DE had his hand up in Shleuter's face and nothing was called. I know they probably let a little more go in an exhibition but it was pretty obvious.

Thanks for the reports from those who watched. Still, it's hard to take much away from these games like others have said. The biggest advantage for the players is the week of practices and workouts which are scouted heavily by NFL teams. Good showings in testing, 1 on 1 drills, position coaching, etc probably means as much or more than the game itself.

I did see a report that Gibbens did get some notice in practice. I gather he played Sam LB, rather than Mike as I had thought he would. We shall see on Draft Day.

Thanks to everyone that is pulling updates on how our guys are doing at the various all star games. Hopefully they all catch the eye of some scouts and improve their draft or FA stock.

Top Bottom