All About Daniel House

hungan1

Reaction score
Daniel House's interest in journalism and sports started early in high school. He has given us exceptional stories and analyses of Gopher Football. Kudos to Daniel House on a great career!

He seems hard working and dedicated to his craft. That puts him ahead of about 99% of sports journalists in the Twin Cities.
Amen.

Frustrating to see how many sports media folks all just join the "being an asshole" train as their "personality".

Wolves win to get into the playoffs and out of nowhere I get tweets from other local sports guys pissing on them. I don't get it. Why be an asshole about other folks celerating? It's sad.

He seems hard working and dedicated to his craft. That puts him ahead of about 99% of sports journalists in the Twin Cities.
Not just in the Twin Cities....there are a lot of hacks out there in the sports journalism space just tossing crap against the wall to see what sticks.

House on the other hand comes across someone that actually knows what he is talking about and takes the time to make sure there is substance to go along with his information.

He won't be long for this region if he keeps that up.

Not just in the Twin Cities....there are a lot of hacks out there in the sports journalism space just tossing crap against the wall to see what sticks.
Telling people what they want to hear, is a good way to get clicks.

🤷

I don't get it. Why be an asshole about other folks celerating? It's sad.
Because it's easy, and lazy.

It really is easier just to be negative. You don't have to "prove" why you're negative, it just really easy to find something negative.

Twitter/Facebook/social media/internet gave a platform ... to anyone. Literally anyone who thinks anything.

In the olden days, you used to have to (be able to) say things that a decent amount of folks thought were reasonable, to earn the privilege to have a platform in the first place. It was expensive to provide that kind of platform, so only those few folks earned that right.

Now, you basically have to say outlandish things, to get attention for yourself, or you just get lost in the mix.

Race to the bottom.

It is easy, but it also gets eyeballs.

Sadly I "blame" twitter where being an asshole is rewarded.
But anyway....to my original comment, I hope Daniel gets rewarded with a good, decent-paying gig somewhere. He will do well for that publication.

Twitter/Facebook/social media/internet gave a platform ... to anyone. Literally anyone who thinks anything.

In the olden days, you used to have to (be able to) say things that a decent amount of folks thought were reasonable, to earn the privilege to have a platform in the first place. It was expensive to provide that kind of platform, so only those few folks earned that right.

Now, you basically have to say outlandish things, to get attention for yourself, or you just get lost in the mix.

Race to the bottom.
Not only that, but so much of "reporting" now is based on being first as opposed to being right.

Race to the bottom.
While I mostly agree - it also gave an opportunity to some industrious people to carve a niche that they could parlay into bigger things. See Seth Stohs, Aaron Gleeman, Arif Hassan and soon hopefully Daniel.

While I mostly agree - it also gave an opportunity to some industrious people to carve a niche that they could parlay into bigger things. See Seth Stohs, Aaron Gleeman, Arif Hassan and soon hopefully Daniel.
Right you are, and deservedly so.

I wish there was some way to have a middle ground. These days, "what's that?"

ESPN needs a Vikings writer. The Athletic could use more coverage on the Gophers.
I don't think the Gophers coverage is profitable enough to add someone to that. There just isn't a huge market for Gophers news.

Because it's easy, and lazy.

It really is easier just to be negative. You don't have to "prove" why you're negative, it just really easy to find something negative.
Works well here on GopherHole. Take a look at the Reaction scores per number of messages of a very objective poster like Bleed Gopher and compare that to some of the.. ahem... less agreeable and more argumentative sorts. One gets rewarded by being controversial.

Social media evens the playing field by providing equal voice but it can also be a cesspool where people can spew without consequence.

NYT bought Athletic. They are aggressively cutting back on team coverage.

Says who? My friend is an NFL writer on the staff and didn't relay anything about that after the acquisition. He said they felt bullish on what that Times money will allow them to do.

Top Bottom