All 68 NCAA Tournament Schools Ranked By Coolest Person Who Went There

Good find MadTown!

"42. Minnesota: Ron Perlman

The prolific character actor — in everything from Cronos to Sons of Anarchy to Drive — was a Golden Gopher during the ’70s and graduated with an M.F.A. in 1973."

Go Gophers!!

Peter Graves is cool, but not as cool as Henry Fonda.

Lori Barbero? John Munson?

Monika Bauerlein?

David Soul!

Or Brock Lesnar. We have a strong history of producing professional wrestlers, apparently.

I would have preferred Dylan or Dave Winfield myself.

Though don't get me wrong, I love Ron Perlman - what great voice that guy has.

Obviously can't pick Bob Dylan, the whole competition would've been over already.

The only people that could have fought him for the top spot would've been Hefner, Farley, Wilt, Stallone, Olivia Munn or Suge Knight.

They left Bob Dylan out either because they didn't know he attended, or just to make the competition fair. He is clearly one of the coolest human beings of all time.

Also, with the new Axe astronaut campaign, former NASA dude Duane Carey > Ron Perlman.

They don't come any cooler than the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair...a former Gopher.

Norman Borlaug > Bob Dylan > everyone else.

There is no possible way to beat Borlaug. As a matter of fact, Cargill and General Mills should buy out TCF and name the football stadium after him.

This list is a joke. Not to mention all the great Minnesota alums, but somehow I'd probably choose Jack Nicklaus, Jerry Lucas, or even Bob Knight over Roy Lichtenstein at Ohio State.

Finally something worth reading on GH. He has been called the Greatest American Poet, has to be Dylan.

Norman Borlaug > Bob Dylan > everyone else.

There is no possible way to beat Borlaug. As a matter of fact, Cargill and General Mills should buy out TCF and name the football stadium after him.

It's coolest, not most accomplished, so Dylan >>>>>>>> Bolaug. I mean Dylan was the one who introduced the Beatles to marijuana, doesn't get much cooler than that. Dylan may beat out Borlaug in most accomplished as well. He'll be remembered forever, Borlaug is hardly known by even the most proud Minnesota alumni, much less your average American.

You're a fool if you think anyone on this list is cooler than Lou Reed.

This list is a joke. Not to mention all the great Minnesota alums, but somehow I'd probably choose Jack Nicklaus, Jerry Lucas, or even Bob Knight over Roy Lichtenstein at Ohio State.
The most glaring one that I saw was that they chose Bob Saget for Temple. Ever hear of Bill Cosby? Also, Butch Vig for Wisconsin? He's cool, but not cooler than Tom Wopat, who played Luke Duke.

The most glaring one that I saw was that they chose Bob Saget for Temple. Ever hear of Bill Cosby? Also, Butch Vig for Wisconsin? He's cool, but not cooler than Tom Wopat, who played Luke Duke.

Wisconsin also has Michael Mann (probably my vote) and Steve Miller. And of course Andy Katz haha.

It's coolest, not most accomplished, so Dylan >>>>>>>> Bolaug. I mean Dylan was the one who introduced the Beatles to marijuana, doesn't get much cooler than that. Dylan may beat out Borlaug in most accomplished as well. He'll be remembered forever, Borlaug is hardly known by even the most proud Minnesota alumni, much less your average American.

What's cooler than feeding the whole f'n planet?

They didn't do very good research. Temple alums should be mad that Bob Saget got the nod over Bill "Ghost Dad" Cosby too. And how is some tool who went to Madison who worked a mixing board ranked that high? A moron made that list.

One thing everyone can agree on:

There is some great coolness that attended the U

Be it coolness in music & culture (Dylan)
Coolness in science & caring (Borlaug)
Coolness in being in space (Duane Carey)
Coolness in being Jim Phelps (Peter Graves)
Coolness in just being Henry Fonda
Coolness in poker (The Fossilman Greg Raymer 2005 WSOP Champion)

and much more.

Top Bottom