Alcorn State game canceled

No wins til 2027! Anything more = disappointment. Similar to the time that Ben was benched for Jitim Young and then transferred to MN … oh no.

I'm going to assume the U is off the hook for paying Alcorn State to come here?

They must be a southwest customer. I assumed they were in the NE when I saw the game was cancelled, but they are located in Mississippi…odd that it is a travel issue.

The Southwest fiasco is causing issues for everyone. For the people who can't drive, they have to try and book on another airline, and it's bogging everything down.

Is Still Thomas avaliable?
Don’t wanna play them as the gophers might lose.
Can’t play any of the I don’t know 15 division 1 teams in say Minnesota, iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, or the Dakota’s or it would be embarrassing to the program. Plus the people visiting would realize what a dump the barn is.

Second year in a row Alcorn cancelled. Should probably stop scheduling them
They should just schedule NDSU or South Dakota State (didn’t mention UST due to backlash that would come with that comment). Get a regional opponent versus some trash team from Mississippi

Or even Northern Iowa

I'm going to assume the U is off the hook for paying Alcorn State to come here?
It's an interesting question, actually, If Alcorn State was the one who cancelled, which is almost certainly the case, the U should at least be off the hook for paying whatever the going rate is, but what about the lost revenue from ticket sales?

Contrast that to the Chicago St. game - my guess is that Minnesota was the one who almost cancelled the game because of the expected winter storm. If they would have, I wonder what the contract says about the U's obligation to pay CSU

They should just schedule NDSU or South Dakota State (didn’t mention UST due to backlash that would come with that comment). Get a regional opponent versus some trash team from Mississippi

Or even Northern Iowa
FWIW, in the 2015/16 season the Gophers dropped back-to-back games against South Dakota & South Dakota State.

They must be a southwest customer. I assumed they were in the NE when I saw the game was cancelled, but they are located in Mississippi…odd that it is a travel issue.
I was trying to fly back to Austin with my family since Christmas evening, we were barely able to get on a plane today and I have tons of miles and it's only three seats.

I could see it being a major issue still.

Don’t wanna play them as the gophers might lose.
Can’t play any of the I don’t know 15 division 1 teams in say Minnesota, iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, or the Dakota’s or it would be embarrassing to the program. Plus the people visiting would realize what a dump the barn is.
Interesting if so, because New Mexico State just added Oral Roberts from the Summit to replace a canceled game. ORU is pretty dang good, and New Mexico might only end up being a 5-point favorite in that game.

Interesting if so, because New Mexico State just added Oral Roberts from the Summit to replace a canceled game. ORU is pretty dang good, and New Mexico might only end up being a 5-point favorite in that game.
Yes the gophers should play way more local teams as opposed to bottom dwellers from leagues far away. If nothing else you would sell a few more tickets.

Yes the gophers should play way more local teams as opposed to bottom dwellers from leagues far away. If nothing else you would sell a few more tickets.
Definitely this, "NoThInG tO GaIn FrOm PlAyInG UST", except a non conference game with at least 2,000 more tickets sold than normal.

UST doesn't even fill their 1,800 seat arena. Why do people think that this game will draw 2k extra fans?
I just threw that out there obviously as it can't be proven either way. When we played st Olaf as an exhibition it drew a couple hundred extra people at least. People may not care to watch them play another summit or lower division team, but it pulls people out when they are playing a major conference opponent. If nothing else for the local spectacle. There is a reason games against big ten opponents draw more attendance versus lower conference foes.

Top Bottom