Al Nolen is terrible

TubbytownUSA

Banned
Reaction score
He has to be one of the worst PGs in the entire Big 10...he's getting really hard to watch. He turns the ball over, produces absolutely zero offense, and hasn't even been a great defender. Time to him to ride the pine, he brings nothing to this team, NOTHING.

He has to be one of the worst PGs in the entire Big 10...he's getting really hard to watch. He turns the ball over, produces absolutely zero offense, and hasn't even been a great defender. Time to him to ride the pine, he brings nothing to this team, NOTHING.

Disagree, his on the ball defense is outstanding. Any idiot can see that, well except for you. He is decent in transition. But yes, he is awful in the half-court.

he's a sophomore. but he'll get pushed by a hopefully an improved Nolan and Cobbs.

his offensive game is the PG equivalent of Manute Bol.

Ok, well you are wrong. Yes, he may not produce too much offense but he is a very good defender. It would be a lot more helpful to have a point guard who could score but to say he is one fo the worst PG's and to say he doesn't do anything is absurd.

Disagree, his on the ball defense is outstanding. Any idiot can see that, well except for you. He is decent in transition. But yes, he is awful in the half-court.

He got burned multiple times today, were you watching? I don't recall him getting any steals today either. He plays good in your face defense, but still gets beat to the basket a lot and gets caught reaching a ton. He gambles, and it hurts our team much more than it pays off.

Awful in the half-court...couldn't agree more.

Al has regressed tremendously since the Louisville game. He either peaked as a player that game or read too many press clippings. Either way, he is not making our team better and hasn't really all BT season.

he's a sophomore. but he'll get pushed by a hopefully an improved Nolan and Cobbs.

He's a sophomore, exactly. He showed great improvement at the start of the year, but now has regressed past where he was this time his freshman year. The sophomore thing is no excuse when you continue to get worse and worse.

his offensive game is the PG equivalent of Manute Bol.

:D

Ok, well you are wrong. Yes, he may not produce too much offense but he is a very good defender. It would be a lot more helpful to have a point guard who could score but to say he is one fo the worst PG's and to say he doesn't do anything is absurd.

Lately he truly has been one of the worst point guards around, I don't see how you can argue that. His defense has been above average, but not great by any means. Your PG can NOT be that big of a liability of offensively.

Not only would it be helpful to have a point guard who could score, but it would be helpful to have a PG who could run an offense, handle the ball, shoot, pass, not turn the ball over like a mad man...It's not just his inability to score that bothers me, it's his inability to do anything productive offensively.

He got burned multiple times today, were you watching? I don't recall him getting any steals today either. He plays good in your face defense, but still gets beat to the basket a lot and gets caught reaching a ton. He gambles, and it hurts our team much more than it pays off.

Awful in the half-court...couldn't agree more.

I don't remember Frazier doing anything today. I didn't see him getting burned at all. I was watching. Were you watching? Or were you watching and stiffing glue? Because that could impair your judgement.

"Gets caught reaching" (he picked up his second foul with under 2 minutes to go)

Have you ever thought that his on the ball D helped FORCE the steals that others got tonight? Because it did.

If you don't think Nolen is good at defense you have no credibility. None at all.

the future of this team rests on finding a point guard

we had better hope cobbs is it or we are in deep schit

the guard play on this team is beyond ridiculous

Nolan

Nolan is easily one of the worst point guards in the Big Ten if not the worst. It's fun to watch him attack a zone defense because he doesn't have a clue what he is doing. The job of the Point guard is to get the team into its offensive set. Nolan never does that and that is why they as a team look so disorganized on the offensive end of the floor. Lets hope that Joseph gets better and that Cobbs is as good as advertised. And stop making excuses for such an inept basketball player.

Nolan is easily one of the worst point guards in the Big Ten if not the worst. It's fun to watch him attack a zone defense because he doesn't have a clue what he is doing. The job of the Point guard is to get the team into its offensive set. Nolan never does that and that is why they as a team look so disorganized on the offensive end of the floor. Lets hope that Joseph gets better and that Cobbs is as good as advertised. And stop making excuses for such an inept basketball player.

I think most agree he is lost offensively, but if you think he is bad on defense you are a bleeping idiot. A big bleeping douche bag.

I don't remember Frazier doing anything today. I didn't see him getting burned at all. I was watching. Were you watching? Or were you watching and stiffing glue? Because that could impair your judgement.

"Gets caught reaching" (he picked up his second foul with under 2 minutes to go)

Have you ever thought that his on the ball D helped FORCE the steals that others got tonight? Because it did.

If you don't think Nolen is good at defense you have no credibility. None at all.

Getting caught reaching has nothing to do with picking up fouls you idiot. It is really hard to take you seriously when you convince me of sniffing glue and you can't even spell. Hilarious.

His D did not really help force the steals that others got tonight, no. Many were great individual efforts having nothing to do with Nolen.

To say he was any type of help to our team tonight is laughable. He was TERRIBLE and him and Westbrook cost us that game.

Like the other guy said, if we don't find guard play, we are toast. One and done in the NIT when you don't have any guards. Next year, a .500 team at best if Cobbs can't step in and contribute. Teams figured out how to shut us down, and not having a scorer or someone to produce on offense is killing us.

Either Royce White better be really really good, or Cobbs better be able to come in and start right away...

Exactly. People think that because he is a decent defender that he should be playing. He shouldn't see the court, he really shouldn't. You can find a lot of guys to just play defense, because you can't get any worse offensively. He is a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE shooter, he is a poor ball handler, and he makes decisions that I'd expect from a 7th grade girls basketball team.

I think most agree he is lost offensively, but if you think he is bad on defense you are a bleeping idiot. A big bleeping douche bag.

I never once said he was bad defensively, I just said he wasn't great and didn't play a perfect defensive game as you tried to say that he did.

Saying that he is "lost" offensively is being way too nice. How about by far the worst offensive guard in the Big 10?

He's a point guard you meandering idiot.

He does nothing. No assists tonight, and he was burned often.

He slows the game down and stops the entire offense when he has the ball in his hand. Only a "douchebag" would defend him.

When you say he brings NOTHING to the team, I think that is safe to assume that you dont think he brings defense. Because good defense does not qualify as "nothing".

The fact is, no one can handle like him and we are suspect with Devoe running the point. However, Nolen is brutal in the half court and bogs everything down.

He's a point guard you meandering idiot.

He does nothing. No assists tonight, and he was burned often.

He slows the game down and stops the entire offense when he has the ball in his hand. Only a "douchebag" would defend him.

Thank you. What Up Guy has proven to be a true douche who knows almost nothing about basketball. Kind of funny.

When you say he brings NOTHING to the team, I think that is safe to assume that you dont think he brings defense. Because good defense does not qualify as "nothing".

The fact is, no one can handle like him and we are suspect with Devoe running the point. However, Nolen is brutal in the half court and bogs everything down.

No one can handle like Nolen? HAHAHAHA!! More like Nolen can handle like no one, he's that bad. A turnover machine who got zero assists today and didn't make a shot.

Suspect at the point with Devoe is better than atrocious at the point with Nolen.

It gets old watching people trying to lump so much on one player. Nolan, Westbrook and Joseph had poor games tonight. Nolan has really gone down hill since the win at Louisville, when he played an outstanding game. However, I agree with What Up Guy that anyone who says Nolan sucks on D is an idiot.

It gets old watching people trying to lump so much on one player. Nolan, Westbrook and Joseph had poor games tonight. Nolan has really gone down hill since the win at Louisville, when he played an outstanding game. However, I agree with What Up Guy that anyone who says Nolan sucks on D is an idiot.

It gets old watching him suck every game in the Big 10 as well. I love how you can't even spell his name and you're trying to call other people idiots. You're an idiot.

TubbytownUSA: "he brings nothing to this team, NOTHING"

(except for leading the Big 10 in Assist/TO, 2nd in B10 in steals, and 4th in B10 in Assists)

2008-09 Big Ten Conference
Through games of Feb 26, 2009 (All games)
http://bigten.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2008-2009/confldrs.html

ASSIST/TURNOVER RATIO (Min. 3.0 assists/game)
## Player-Team Cl G Asst Avg Turn Avg Ratio
1.Nolen, Al-MINN........... SO 27 128 4.7 51 1.9 2.51

STEALS
## Player-Team Cl G Steals Avg/G
2.Nolen, Al-MINN........... SO 27 55 2.04

ASSISTS
## Player-Team Cl G Assists Avg/G
4.Nolen, Al-MINN........... SO 27 128 4.74

FREE THROW PCT (Min. 2.0 made per game)
## Player-Team Cl G FTM FTA Pct
14.Nolen, Al-MINN........... SO 27 60 84 .714

he had 0 points, 0 assists, and 4 turnovers tonight

and i didnt really feel he was playing any differently than he normally does

nolen is scary bad

(except for leading the Big 10 in Assist/TO, 2nd in B10 in steals, and 4th in B10 in Assists)

STEALS

ASSISTS

in conference games?

Tubbytown, too often people come on and the sky is falling when we lose, everyone sucks, etc. When we win, we have such great players and even better players coming on next year.

You better head to bed now, as your middle school classes will start soon.

STEALS

ASSISTS

He started the B10 season decently, which greatly inflated his numbers. Put those same ones together for the last 5 games.

As for the assist to turnover ratio, I honestly have no idea how that happened. He is atrocious with the ball and turns it over so much. It's not even the assist/turnover ratio as much as it is him being totally inept at running an offense. If you counted each stupid ass shot he took or times he forced the ball into the lane, he'd crush everyone.

The steals come from gambling on defense. He doesn't play good sound fundamental defense, he takes a lot of risks and pays dearly for them.

71 percent from the line is not good for a guard.

How about you show me his...
Field goal percentage
3 point percentage
Stats from the last 6-8 games
Scoring

He sucks, flat out sucks. You really can't argue that after watching this game. Yes, he is an above average defender for his position. That is totally outweighed by being the worst offensive point guard I have seen in a long time.

he had 0 points, 0 assists, and 4 turnovers tonight

and i didnt really feel he was playing any differently than he normally does

nolen is scary bad

Once again, thank you. Does no one else see the 0 points 0 assists 4 turnovers? No one? Lets defend him because he beat up on cupcakes. Kind of like LW, who is great in garbage time.

Tubbytown, too often people come on and the sky is falling when we lose, everyone sucks, etc. When we win, we have such great players and even better players coming on next year.

You better head to bed now, as your middle school classes will start soon.

XMan, believe it or not I read the board no matter what. I watch every road game and go to every home game. I don't feel the need to post about how great our players are and how we have better players coming on next year when we win, these guys don't need to be coddled.

I give credit where credit is due, and Nolen deserves none after that game. The sky truly is falling in regards to our guard play, so before you go back to your happy world where everything is kitties and bunnies, get out of your rocker and subjectively look at how bad our guards are. Thank you, and it's past your bed time.

How is there another Al Nolen hate thread when Westbrook should be the one shouldering just as much, if not more than the blame?

Thank you. What Up Guy has proven to be a true douche who knows almost nothing about basketball. Kind of funny.

No one can handle like Nolen? HAHAHAHA!! More like Nolen can handle like no one, he's that bad. A turnover machine who got zero assists today and didn't make a shot.

Suspect at the point with Devoe is better than atrocious at the point with Nolen.

Handle = dribble. Dribble does not equal passing. Do you get that? When he is not out there, we are suspect bringing the ball up. Devoe is a developing ball handler (see getting stripped @ penn st late trying to bring the ball up).

Tubbytown, you are a f-ing stooge and a typical the sky is falling type fan. You have no credibility and your opinions mean nothing.

Nolan does suck, so does Hoff

It's not even worth debating. Nolan can't run an offense and his defense has been suspect during the Big Ten season. Hoff would be lucky to be in Winona State's starting lineup. It's too bad because I thought both of them had promising freshmen seasons. I look forward to next season where we will add a player like White who can create his own shot and Trevor who can bring some much-added muscle inside. Hopefully Nolan will be able to find his game by then, but people who defend Nolan's play now are typical homers or don't understand the game of basketball, or possibly forgot to take their medication.

Top Bottom