After Tonight....

savagerube

Reaction score
I can't see how anyone can support Tubby after tonight. I expected them to lose but this is ridiculous. Tubby has become a terrible coach. Similar to his teams, he started out at Minnesota as a good coach and now has become the worst coach in the conference. This is a sad state of affairs for the program. I hope Tyus Jones, Rashad Vaughan and Reid Travis' cable went out tonight so they can't watch this pathetic showing.

I can't see how anyone can support Tubby after tonight. I expected them to lose but this is ridiculous. Tubby has become a terrible coach. Similar to his teams, he started out at Minnesota as a good coach and now has become the worst coach in the conference. This is a sad state of affairs for the program. I hope Tyus Jones, Rashad Vaughan and Reid Travis' cable went out tonight so they can't watch this pathetic showing.

Parski can. :)

I was curious as to why Tubby insisted on the clause stating he couldn't be fired during the season. Now we know.

I was curious as to why Tubby insisted on the clause stating he couldn't be fired during the season. Now we know.

Man o man, you'd think Tubby would WANT to disappear asap.

Sad part was last year was a struggle when Trevor went down and then the team gelled and played much better in the big ten tournament and into the nit. Then got us all to buy in after the great start this year. This is not the same team from the start of the season. Teams have done their homework and know how to defend us. Plus we just aren't shooting as well as we did earlier.

I was really happy with the team we had coming in after our strong finish last year. How can this team be that much worse with the same players, plus getting Trevor back?

Sad part was last year was a struggle when Trevor went down and then the team gelled and played much better in the big ten tournament and into the nit. Then got us all to buy in after the great start this year. This is not the same team from the start of the season. Teams have done their homework and know how to defend us. Plus we just aren't shooting as well as we did earlier.

I was really happy with the team we had coming in after our strong finish last year. How can this team be that much worse with the same players, plus getting Trevor back?

Poor coaching.

I doubt any of the Big 3 are coming here. The day this season ends should be the day Tubbytime ends.

evidence demands a verdict...............this team is a group of underachievers who do not respect or relate to their coach....This team does not compete.
They have quit just like the coach has......

evidence demands a verdict...............this team is a group of underachievers who do not respect or relate to their coach....This team does not compete.
They have quit just like the coach has......

Welcome back Adam.

After tonight...its time to get into politics, video games, building model airplanes, or chronic masterbation...can't watch gopher basketball anymore or my blood pressure will cause a brain aneurysm if I'm lucky.

Actually, it was the Iowa game that did me in.
The coach needs to be working to find solutions to the problems that come up in a game. There is no way I believe this entire team is suddenly so inept that directed coaching would not improve performance at specific junctures. This repeated unraveling is the indicator that the coach has lost control of the team and the games.

I've supported Tubby from day one, and I still want to wait to see how the season plays out before I make up my mind, but unless there is a major turnaround in the next couple of weeks, I don't see how Tubby can come back.

Never thought I would ever even consider that possibility heading into this season.

After tonight...its time to get into politics, video games, building model airplanes, or chronic masturbation...can't watch gopher basketball anymore or my blood pressure will cause a brain aneurysm if I'm lucky.

Your post implies that I wasn't already into these things.

tmvander
After tonight...its time to get into politics, video games, building model airplanes, or chronic masterbation...can't watch gopher basketball anymore or my blood pressure will cause a brain aneurysm if I'm lucky.

Careful with that!

View attachment 1961

Actually, it was the Iowa game that did me in.
The coach needs to be working to find solutions to the problems that come up in a game. There is no way I believe this entire team is suddenly so inept that directed coaching would not improve performance at specific junctures. This repeated unraveling is the indicator that the coach has lost control of the team and the games.

The Iowa game put me into the "We Need a New Coach" camp, this game cemented it. I can actually deal with struggling teams (I'm a Gopher football fan), but when players quit on a coach, it's over.

Tonight was pure apathy after mere formality. It's over, we've crossed the bridge.

Tubby is last in the Big Ten in turnovers committed, 13.7/game, not ant better stat to explain this year.

Up until this point, I had always been a Tubby supporter using the usual excuses of injuries/transfers/just bad luck in general, but this year has really put a sour taste in my mouth. It's one thing to walk into Iowa & Ohio St and lose by single digits in a competitive game, but the past two games that we have witnessed have really just put me over the edge.

There's NO WAY that a team that at one point was ranked in the top 10 should look this confused/dumbfounded on offense. No one attacks the basket, there's absolutely no spacing, and in general, everyone looks scared to make a mistake or simply take a shot. It looks to me like Tubby has completely lost this team. The effort, concentration, and execution of basic fundamentals was unacceptable and I really don't see a way that Tubby can work his way back from such an embarrassing two games stretch.

Obviously I'm hoping we can still make the tournament (and probably will with our SOS & RPI), but if there's no change in the energy or pure competitiveness of this team, we need to start fresh and bring in someone new. I'd rather watch a well-coached team with some sort of offensive flow finish .500 than have to put up with the joke of a product Tubby has put out the past two games.

I kept supporting Tubby, then last yr. they crashed in the big 10 and I was ready to throw in the towel, then the NIT and renewed hope, and the first part of the yr I was energized, then the typical Tubby crash again. It has to be over for Tubby. No more support for Gopher BBall till Tubby's gone.

I'm not going to say its going to happen, because the psyche of the team could be too far gone by the time the PSU game rolls around, BUT...

IF we win vs PSU, then @Nebraska, then @Purdue, then in the first round of the BTT, and then like Tubby has done before in the past, in the 2nd and maybe 3rd round of the BTT, and we go into Selection Sunday on a 5-1 or 6-1 or 7-0 run, get a decent to good seed and make the Sweet 16, I'll make sure to pull this topic back up. Remind some of you how YOU QUIT on this team.

You call out the players, or the coach for quitting? OMG, so many of you fans or supposed fans have quit on this team it amazes me.

Do I not see the problems and the issues with the players, the coach, etc.?! Sure I do. But that doesn't justify a fan quitting anymore than it does players or the coach quitting, either.

So if you are jumping off the bandwagon now, THEN STAY THE FU KK OFF. Fans who QUIT on the team, don't deserve to share in anything positive that may come later on if things turn around.

If you are just venting, then maybe you should make that known, simply for principle's sake, not that anything said or unsaid in an internet forum matters in the real world.

And guess what? If things don't turn around, as a TRUE AND LOYAL FAN, I'll still be here, and ready to read all of your posts saying, "I told you so", and I'll respond with, "Yep, I guess you were".

But at least no one will be able to point to my having quit on the team like some of you seem to be doing or have done?!

I think if anyone was beyond distressed and actually quit on the team, they wouldn't be in here venting and the point would be moot.

. ... I can actually deal with struggling teams, but when players quit on a coach. ...

That sums up pretty well how I'm feeling this morning. It happened with Monson (players quit on him), and at about the 10-minute mark of the 2nd half last night I thought the Gophers quit on Tubby. Save for maybe 1 or 2 guys, they flat-out mailed in the rest of the game. There can be no more ominous sign.

The question now is, do the coaches and players have anything left in their tanks to do something to salvage this once promising but now tremendously (using a "Brewism") disappointing season? (and by salvage I mean have your season end in the NCAA Tournament) They need 3 wins, if they're really, really lucky maybe only 2. Not holding my breath at this point, just hoping there's a "Come to Jesus" awakening and that they at least decide to "compete" the rest of the way

I'm not going to say its going to happen, because the psyche of the team could be too far gone by the time the PSU game rolls around, BUT...

IF we win vs PSU, then @Nebraska, then @Purdue, then in the first round of the BTT, and then like Tubby has done before in the past, in the 2nd and maybe 3rd round of the BTT, and we go into Selection Sunday on a 5-1 or 6-1 or 7-0 run, get a decent to good seed and make the Sweet 16, I'll make sure to pull this topic back up. Remind some of you how YOU QUIT on this team.

You call out the players, or the coach for quitting? OMG, so many of you fans or supposed fans have quit on this team it amazes me.

Do I not see the problems and the issues with the players, the coach, etc.?! Sure I do. But that doesn't justify a fan quitting anymore than it does players or the coach quitting, either.

So if you are jumping off the bandwagon now, THEN STAY THE FU KK OFF. Fans who QUIT on the team, don't deserve to share in anything positive that may come later on if things turn around.

If you are just venting, then maybe you should make that known, simply for principle's sake, not that anything said or unsaid in an internet forum matters in the real world.

And guess what? If things don't turn around, as a TRUE AND LOYAL FAN, I'll still be here, and ready to read all of your posts saying, "I told you so", and I'll respond with, "Yep, I guess you were".

But at least no one will be able to point to my having quit on the team like some of you seem to be doing or have done?![/QUOTE
So loyal fans can't criticize their team? Most on this board would argue (and do) against you. Having blinders on and being oblivious to the fact is more concerning throughout a fan base. Furthermore, I've been a season ticket holder for 20+ years and you are telling me that I'm not loyal?!?! If the coach is quitting on this team, which it seems like he is, then gopher holers being negative should be the least of your concerns. I will still be at all the remaining home games but apparently I "quit" on the team. Let's make this clear: I've quit on Tubby, not Gopher's basketball; This is a huge difference.

FYI: I like your cute teenage abbreviations: OMG! LOL! FU KK! This is a Gopher basketball thread, not a Taylor Swift fan page.

#1hockey.... I feel like most of us are still on the bandwagon. I love the Gopher basketball team. I will continue to watch and cheer hard for them. But you cannot deny that it has been disappointing. We were within just few plays of winning at Indiana not too long ago, and now we are nowhere near that level of play.

Top Bottom