After obliterating Colorado, Oregon releases recap video featuring Colorado pre-game trash talk

If you look around the country just about every coach uses slogans, cliches, and goofy motivational tools. For some reason people act as if that is unique to PJ.
I think Jerry Kill wash pushing “Brick by Brick” while at the same time another school (I want to say Oklahoma) was using the same slogan 🧱

Honest question because I do not know...how are they one of the biggest cheaters?
Yea, I'm a little curious about this as well. Oregon did have a violation about 12-15 years ago when Chip Kelly was at Oregon.

A couple years ago I got the full tour during a Oregon basketball recruiting trip to the U of O campus, it was very clean a very good experience. I've got great respect for Dana Altman and the staff. My niece's husband trains basketball players in the San Diego area and I got invited along during his visit to the U of O. Oregon was recruiting one of his athletes at that time.

As for players getting paid or getting compensated that's been going on in college sports for decades and decades. I remember when I played at a very very very small college, I had one good game and the next day I had a job that I wasn't looking for and didn't need. Also, I'd go in a restaurant and have dinner and when I'd go to pay the waitress would tell me that a couple who just left paid my bill.

Colorado has proven little beyond not being 1-11 bad anymore.

TCU is awful this year. Lost to Iowa State and West Virginia last couple weeks. Nebraska is bad enough to lose to Minnesota. CSU is a below average G5 team.

Eventually Deion’s fame will meet (has already met) its match. Sure he’s famous but so is Nick Saban. And Colorado is marginal recruiting territory in a pro market with a smallish stadium and alumni not inclined to spend on NIL. (sound like anyone we know?)

I don’t think he’s bailing on Colorado and I don’t think he ever wins the Big 12 or makes CFP there either. The hype dies down and he makes CU into a high quality but ultimately not championship program.

Colorado has proven little beyond not being 1-11 bad anymore.

TCU is awful this year. Lost to Iowa State and West Virginia last couple weeks. Nebraska is bad enough to lose to Minnesota. CSU is a below average G5 team.

Eventually Deion’s fame will meet (has already met) its match. Sure he’s famous but so is Nick Saban. And Colorado is marginal recruiting territory in a pro market with a smallish stadium and alumni not inclined to spend on NIL. (sound like anyone we know?)

I don’t think he’s bailing on Colorado and I don’t think he ever wins the Big 12 or makes CFP there either. The hype dies down and he makes CU into a high quality but ultimately not championship program.

I'd be surprised if Deion makes it past next year when Shedeur moves on. Deion lives for prime time, but Colorado will have zero prime time matchups in the new Big 12. I also see they were dumb enough to schedule NDSU next year.

Regardless, he has shaken up college football and made it more interesting. There's no way in hell I'm up late watching a Colorado/Stanford game in any other year.

The body language by Hunter after Deion's kid overthrew him made me smile.

Stanford was shooting itself on the foot so much too… and then… not
Has been interesting to watch Deion's post game press conferences after the loses. This week he finally ditched the sunglasses as well and I actually have some respect for the way he has been very honest in his assessment of the games.

In the one post Stanford I think you get to see why star players often don't get into coaching. Much of what a guy like Sanders could do as a player just doesn't translate because he was at a level that simply isn't attainable by 99.99% of the players out there.

He talks about wanting the players to meet his desire, passion....but the reality is that most of them can't because they don't have in them that spark that makes the all time greats....all time greats.

Colorado has a tough remaining schedule.....there is a good chance they don't even reach bowl eligibility after the loss last night. They have been the story of college football this year but clear that the early season hype was overboard and while the team is definitely better than it has been in recent years there is a still a sizeable gap between them and the top teams they were acting like they were after the TCU game.

Last week on the road - final whistle blows after a last second field goal win and shedeur sanders runs to the opponents student section (of a 1-5 team) to flash a watch daddy bought him.

This week at home - final whistle blows (after a loss to a 1-5 team) and sheman sanders walks straight to the locker room, no handshakes, no consoling his teammates. Is Colorado one of the few teams that doesn’t do a school anthem after the game?

Last week on the road - final whistle blows after a last second field goal win and shedeur sanders runs to the opponents student section (of a 1-5 team) to flash a watch daddy bought him.

This week at home - final whistle blows (after a loss to a 1-5 team) and sheman sanders walks straight to the locker room, no handshakes, no consoling his teammates. Is Colorado one of the few teams that doesn’t do a school anthem after the game?
Maybe he lost his watch during the week.

As it turns out 3-3 TCU is mediocre
As is 4-3 Colorado

Obviously Colorado still way better than last year

Has been interesting to watch Deion's post game press conferences after the loses. This week he finally ditched the sunglasses as well and I actually have some respect for the way he has been very honest in his assessment of the games.

In the one post Stanford I think you get to see why star players often don't get into coaching. Much of what a guy like Sanders could do as a player just doesn't translate because he was at a level that simply isn't attainable by 99.99% of the players out there.

He talks about wanting the players to meet his desire, passion....but the reality is that most of them can't because they don't have in them that spark that makes the all time greats....all time greats.

Colorado has a tough remaining schedule.....there is a good chance they don't even reach bowl eligibility after the loss last night. They have been the story of college football this year but clear that the early season hype was overboard and while the team is definitely better than it has been in recent years there is a still a sizeable gap between them and the top teams they were acting like they were after the TCU game.
Part of that was TCU was extremely overrated

Was Sanders playing to win or to not lose?
He was playing to lose.

They should have ran out the clock at the end. They should have maybe not gone press without safety coverage on #13 from Stanford. I'm someone who has been a fan of Sanders as a coach, but that was as bad of coached game as I've ever seen.

Oh, they also chose to take the ball first in OT.

Holy crap, they were up 29-6 when I stopped paying attention figuring it would be a route. Unreal.
I was just about to shut it off at this time, then Stanford hit a 97 yard TD, so I kept it on, went and brushed my teeth and Stanford hit another 60 yarder - so then I got pulled in.

He was playing to lose.

They should have ran out the clock at the end. They should have maybe not gone press without safety coverage on #13 from Stanford. I'm someone who has been a fan of Sanders as a coach, but that was as bad of coached game as I've ever seen.

I think the analytics say take the ball first
I also think the analytics are stupid on that question

I think the analytics say take the ball first
I also think the analytics are stupid on that question
Yeah, I've heard some people say that but I cannot believe that is true. To the people who say it's true, they say it has something to do with the triple OT rules. But I just cannot fathom how that could override the luxury of knowing exactly how many point you need to win/tie.

For this game, the Stanford offense was also completely spent. #13 could barely move after they got the game tying FG. Maybe Sanders was factoring in how tired his defense was in taking the ball first, but I don't know if the Stanford QB or #13 would have been very effective getting the ball again right away.

Yeah, I've heard some people say that but I cannot believe that is true. To the people who say it's true, they say it has something to do with the triple OT rules. But I just cannot fathom how that could override the luxury of knowing exactly how many point you need to win/tie.

For this game, the Stanford offense was also completely spent. #13 could barely move after they got the game tying FG. Maybe Sanders was factoring in how tired his defense was in taking the ball first, but I don't know if the Stanford QB or #13 would have been very effective getting the ball again right away.
The team that takes the ball first wins like 57% of the time or something.
But that’s is making a correlation question a causation question IMO

It is illogical

Part of that was TCU was extremely overrated
Yep....TCU will probably be the poster child in 2023 for why pre-season top 25s are a joke. But yeah, the perception of TCU played a big part in driving the Colorado hype even further.

Yep....TCU will probably be the poster child in 2023 for why pre-season top 25s are a joke. But yeah, the perception of TCU played a big part in driving the Colorado hype even further.
They were in the playoff last year. But TCU is not a win 10 games every year program

The team that takes the ball first wins like 57% of the time or something.
But that’s is making a correlation question a causation question IMO

It is illogical
Yeah that’s not a causation. Of course team getting it first if they score is more likely to win.

He was playing to lose.

He took the ball first in OT vs CSU too, I don’t see the logic. How do you end up with 10 more passing plays than run plays when you’re up 29-0 and led the entire game?

Top Bottom