Adding Speed

FWIW, ESPN shows his 40 time as 4.8, which, I'm sure, is much closer to the truth.

It's kind of like the escaping the bear story. I don't have to be faster than the bear - just faster than the person I'm with.

With Harbison (or any of our receivers), I just care that he can get away from whoever's covering him.

y8F8s.gif

dpodoll68 said:
Nope. Never said that I was. I am well-read and have common sense. You can post whatever you want, but posting ridiculous 40 times (and defending them, nonetheless) will destroy whatever credibility you have.
LOL - "well read". You are funny too!

Keep thinking that guys can't run a 40 in the 4.2's. I've seen it done on more than 1 occasion and yes those are hand held times.

Please show me where I said that.

He said 4.2. You said 4.2's. There is an enormous difference between 4.2 and 4.29.

No Gophers player or recruit runs close to either - hand-held or otherwise.

I better correct myself ESPN showing Harbison tested at a 4.8 / 40. Not as blazing.

Usian Bolt's world record 40 meter split was 4.64. This equates to about 4.28 for 40 yards if you assume a constant rate of speed - which you shouldn't because the additional three yards in the 40 meters are the fastest three yards.

DPO is right. Probably few people in college football run a 40 in sub 4.5 on a track in track shoes.

I take back the last part of what I said. A handful of guys on the roster (Coop, Stoud, Jones when healthy) can probably run in the 4.5 range electronically, meaning they'd be in the high 4.2s or low 4.3s hand-held. Still not close to 4.2, though.

Matt Jones ran a 4.37, just saying

Not at all....a kid can be a 4.2 or for your sake a 4.4 and still not have the quality moves\skills or even catches TD stats of a 4 star recruit. So you are going to give a recruit stars just on his 40 time?

Yeah, sorry. My point wasn't supposed to come off as speed is the only factor in determining stars.

Top Bottom