Adam Rittenberg blog: Opening camp: Minnesota

ESPN's one of his few remaining hangouts, they are one of the few places that doesn't simply ban him. Maybe the ESPN boards have had enough of him.

I like Rittenberg but to say Rallis locked up a starting job this spring is a bit of a stretch i would say. I would say if anyone has a spot locked up it would be Tinsley and Cooper with Rallis battling Reeves for the other LB spot.

I like Rittenberg but to say Rallis locked up a starting job this spring is a bit of a stretch i would say. I would say if anyone has a spot locked up it would be Tinsley and Cooper with Rallis battling Reeves for the other LB spot.

Well, Coach Brewster came out and stated that he will be "our starting SLB." Adam is just relying on the fact that the HC has the final call. Plus, we all know that Tinsley would be in great shape but for off field issues and Coach Butler obviously wants more from Cooper because everyone can see how much talent he has. When a guys ceiling is that high, he has to be constantly pushed, even when he is a hard worker; he starts out in front.

I wonder?

If there is competition for defensive starters that carries into the season producing some good results on the field. When your butt is on the line each week with somebody pushing you, inspiration could result.

Cooper still hasn't officially beaten out Aaron Hill. Given what Butler had to say about him, I would say that Rallis might have the most secure starting spot on the entire team.

Not much doubt about Rallis at this point. He is the man. He is a rock solid 235 as well. We are looking very good at LB with our depth. That is a strange feeling for a Gopher fan.

Man, I really respect what Rittenberg does. He takes his job seriously and really digs deep to know all 11 teams. I can't remember clicking on a link to his work and being disappointed. Most definitely can't say the same for the other so-called "experts" out there peddling their sites and magazines.

Top Bottom