Adam Bungum

Shielder

Reaction score
Scout shows the Gophers are interested in WR Adam Bungum from Triton HS (Dodge Center, MN) .. This is a new one to me, he doesn't show up on Rivals. Does anyone have more info on this kid?

The quarterback is Logan Spitzack. Very good athlete in the HVL and has started since 8th or 9th grade. I believe he just put up 60 points in basketball a couple weeks back. I'm pretty sure I heard he was going to play baseball in college at the D2 level.

Bungum's brother, Dylan, is actually at Air Force playing football.

I'm not sure someone who went to the US Army combine is considered "UTR".

He looks to have all the right skills, and plenty of BIG 3rd down catches.

Try doing a search. Even I could find some info which is saying alot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjtlQBh4c4g

I wonder if the kid could play FS? BTW, their QB does a nice job.

Add another vote for the QB.

Bungum looks like a big strong kid. Doesn't look 4.6 fast in the video, but I am not standing next to him and he does look plenty fast.

PS--Love the offense.

Edit: Just looked up the QB. His name is Logan Spitzack. He's a very good basketball player, averaging over 20 points a game (and put up 60 in one night). I remember his father, Brad Spitzack, who was a very good high school basketball player for Wanamingo, a very small town not far from where I was raised.

The quarterback is Logan Spitzack. Very good athlete in the HVL and has started since 8th or 9th grade. I believe he just put up 60 points in basketball a couple weeks back. I'm pretty sure I heard he was going to play baseball in college at the D2 level.

Bungum's brother, Dylan, is actually at Air Force playing football.

IIRC his mother was a hurdler at UW-LaCrosse.

Seen them both play for years

Seen them both play for years. If you think Spitzack looks good at QB you should see him play safety. Big hitter with a great ball sense. Although a good QB ... He is a far superior safety compared to his QB play. He has been thrust into prominent roles on good teams since he has been an 8th and 9th grader. He is a self assurred kid but not cocky.

Seen them both play for years. If you think Spitzack looks good at QB you should see him play safety. Big hitter with a great ball sense. Although a good QB ... He is a far superior safety compared to his QB play. He has been thrust into prominent roles on good teams since he has been an 8th and 9th grader. He is a self assurred kid but not cocky.

Do they have B10 talent?? You'd think that a kid would rather play B10 football than D2 baseball??

?????? Speed

Has all the skill set ... inteligence ... the instinctive ball sense ... loves to hit but not sure he is fast enough. Don't know if all those intangebles off set speed needed in the Big Ten. He is a very good player but it is up to guys like Kill to judge if he can play at the higher level. Both pretty good players but I would rank Spitzack higher of the two talked about here.

By recruiting the rural areas Coach Kill will add a lot of worthy Minnesota talent to the team. They have been largely ignored far too long.

Looks like a good athlete, but I don't see Decker's jumping ability at all. The ability to go hugh in the air and just take the ball away from Dbacks was an incredible skill for Decker.

Looks like a good athlete, but I don't see Decker's jumping ability at all. The ability to go hugh in the air and just take the ball away from Dbacks was an incredible skill for Decker.

Decker is 6'3" with a 33" vertical jump, which means he can get in the air with the taller/better DBs, and even higher than the shorter ones. But vertical isn't even the top criteria for being an excellant receiver. I think smarts, timing, hands, body control and tenacity define a receiver more than his vertical. Decker had all of them, which made it possible for him to catch almost any ball thrown in his area.

Diehard: "By recruiting the rural areas Coach Kill will add a lot of worthy Minnesota talent to the team. They have been largely ignored far too long. "

You betcha! Coach Kill will leave no stone unturn when it comes to In State talent.

Google his stats and it lists less than 10 receptions for the season-on a State tournament team.. .. I get that self-recruiting in MN is necessary but "Scout" lists anyone that has gone to their events. Wonder where he ran the 4.5 and if it is confirmed- google shows he ran a 4.9 at the NIKE combine. Summer camps will be key to see how these type of kids do on the field.

In watching Decker, I think his biggest asset to go along with his talent is his heart. He was tough and wanted to make plays and make plays happen. He willed himself to get it done.That is something every player should learn.

In watching Decker, I think his biggest asset to go along with his talent is his heart. He was tough and wanted to make plays and make plays happen. He willed himself to get it done.That is something every player should learn.

That is the difference between the good and great players. ie. Michael Jordan and Adrian Peterson.

Top Bottom