ACC/Big 10 Challenge

North Country

Reaction score
Purdue up 8, Northwestern up 6, Indiana going back-and-forth with Maryland... this could be huge statement for the Big 10

Northwestern somehow beat Notre Dame and seems to be holding off NC State. How is this getting done? Aside from Thompson the PG, I don't see much raw talent on this team (do not say John Shurna is good, please). I guess it just goes to show that anything can happen when a team has a strong offensive philosophy and everyone is buying it. Go Cats!

NW beats NC State, Purdue about to beat WF...Hoosiers in a tight one with the Terps!

I've never seen Shurna play, but I see he averaged 23 points and 7.5 boards in the two games against Notre Dame and Iowa State, two teams with All-American power forward/centers in Luke Harangody and Craig Brackins. The box scores tell me Shurna's pretty damn good.

I've never seen Shurna play, but I see he averaged 23 points and 7.5 boards in the two games against Notre Dame and Iowa State, two teams with All-American power forward/centers in Luke Harangody and Craig Brackins. The box scores tell me Shurna's pretty damn good.

I don't like him.

Too bad IU lost, but good win for Northwestern over NC State. I thought Purdue looked real good against Wake. Couldn't hit a 3 to save their lives, but outrebounded a team MUCH bigger than them, and forced 25 turnovers.

We are all excited now for how the stacked Big 10 is. Just wait until the Gophers run into these teams on the hardwood. We aren't going to being singing their praises then. But, yes, I too am happy for the league.
Every day it's looking harder and harder for the Gophs to win 10 BT games. But it's early. To be continued...

I was enjoying this night

right up until Mich St. started to s**t the bed. I wasn't expecting a win but 5 minutes in to this game they look lost.

Don't forget...

We are all excited now for how the stacked Big 10 is. Just wait until the Gophers run into these teams on the hardwood. We aren't going to being singing their praises then. But, yes, I too am happy for the league.
Every day it's looking harder and harder for the Gophs to win 10 BT games. But it's early. To be continued...

Don't forget the Gophers are blessed with 8 games vs. NW, Penn State, Iowa, and Indiana. Not to say those are 8 locked wins but it is 8 games we have a very good chance of winning.

We play the badgers and illini only once each. pretty favorable draw I would say.

I hate to say it since it's still very early, but Northwestern is an NCAA team right now and the Gophers are not.

right up until Mich St. started to s**t the bed. I wasn't expecting a win but 5 minutes in to this game they look lost.

And with one minute left, they are within 6...they've been making a great run. Don't think it will be enough, but we can hope!

Watched parts of the NC game and wow, so many players good at creating their own shot. I just kept thinking I can't imagine any gopher player making a move like that.

Holy cow, there are TONS of empty seats in Iowa tonight. You won't notice it until they do a wide shot from court level.

Top Bottom