A Tribute to Certain Gopherholers

DoubleAlum

Reaction score
Just want to give a huge congratulations to the Gopherholers who, towards the beginning of the season and even after the TCU game, still believed we were going to compete for the B1G Championship. I, for one, thought you all were out of your minds. I guess we now know who's the real Gopher Fan here. Your belief and foresight leaves me astonished. I went on record after TCU loss saying we were going to win only 5 games this season. Man alive, was I wrong big time!

And I also want to apologize to and congratulate the one or two people out there who stated after our TCU game that TCU would be a very highly ranked team by the end of the season. After the Minnesota win, TCU still hadn't had a win over a highly ranked team and I, for one, blasted you and your opinion. Again, I now see how better your eye and smarts are than mine.

Today was one for the ages. I will be at the game in Wisconsin on Saturday. My daughter will be marching her last home game in the Wisconsin marching band. I can't believe the irony of all this. Needless to say I will be rooting very hard for my Gophers and desperately want them to win. But, when they do win, I'll feel sad for my daughter that her last game in Camp Randall Stadium was a loss. This is all so freaking bizarre.

It's okay to be wrong. I am all the time. That's why I'm married, in case I didn't know. That said, us Gopher fans need to stick together and we need every person we can find. Have fun next week at Camp Randall. It's going to be a hell of a game with it all on the line.

It's okay to be wrong. I am all the time. That's why I'm married, in case I didn't know. That said, us Gopher fans need to stick together and we need every person we can find. Have fun next week at Camp Randall. It's going to be a hell of a game with it all on the line.

Thank you!!!!

Why would you allow this?

Because I'm a loving, caring father who supports his daughter in her decisions regardless of how they may impact me. It's her life, not mine. If you were just joking with me, then you can ignore my comments. Thanks.

As long as she plays her instrument well you don't have to feel bad when our football team spanks the skunks.

This is a fan base that has had decades of futility. This isn't about needing to apologize or take shots at fans who have been negative - this is about enjoying the journey and celebrating how great it is to be a Gophers fan!!

GO GOPHERS!!

I also commend the GHrs that never rip on the players or coaches. The players don't always perform to our expectations and the coaches make calls we don't understand...

...and yet they are 8-3 and virtually NO ONE outside those players and coaches believed they would be playing for the B1G West next week. That includes me.

I have never doubted, just not believed. Never again. These guys know what they are doing.

Just want to give a huge congratulations to the Gopherholers who, towards the beginning of the season and even after the TCU game, still believed we were going to compete for the B1G Championship. I, for one, thought you all were out of your minds. I guess we now know who's the real Gopher Fan here. Your belief and foresight leaves me astonished. I went on record after TCU loss saying we were going to win only 5 games this season. Man alive, was I wrong big time!

And I also want to apologize to and congratulate the one or two people out there who stated after our TCU game that TCU would be a very highly ranked team by the end of the season. After the Minnesota win, TCU still hadn't had a win over a highly ranked team and I, for one, blasted you and your opinion. Again, I now see how better your eye and smarts are than mine.

Today was one for the ages. I will be at the game in Wisconsin on Saturday. My daughter will be marching her last home game in the Wisconsin marching band. I can't believe the irony of all this. Needless to say I will be rooting very hard for my Gophers and desperately want them to win. But, when they do win, I'll feel sad for my daughter that her last game in Camp Randall Stadium was a loss. This is all so freaking bizarre.

I seem to remember saying both of these things, in particular the TCU prognostication. So, I will just say thank you. It's out there on the interwebs somewhere. I swears. Ha! ;)

This is a fan base that has had decades of futility. This isn't about needing to apologize or take shots at fans who have been negative - this is about enjoying the journey and celebrating how great it is to be a Gophers fan!!

GO GOPHERS!!

BleedGopher, I definitely needed to apologize. I was way off base and clueless!!

BleedGopher, I definitely needed to apologize. I was way off base and clueless!!

We all are sometimes. The funny ones are the posters who act like they have never been wrong.

Win or lose next week - and I'm on recording that we are going to win - We all need to rally around the program. I for one intend to dig deeper this year when I make my end of the year donation to the Gophers than I have recently.

I seem to remember saying both of these things, in particular the TCU prognostication. So, I will just say thank you. It's out there on the interwebs somewhere. I swears. Ha! ;)

You are most deservedly welcome my brother!!

Man alive, was I wrong big time!

And I also want to apologize.

Has this ever happened before? I will do my best to never speak of this again. You just put those rose-colored glasses on and start believing. Now if you could just help us drag some of the others out of the dark and into the light.

Because I'm a loving, caring father who supports his daughter in her decisions regardless of how they may impact me. It's her life, not mine. If you were just joking with me, then you can ignore my comments. Thanks.
Joke, Jesus dude...

i predicted a 9-3 season. i figured we had to be better year after year. Pretty crazy were in a dog fight for the west champ.

I believe I predicted 9-3 before the season started. I also believe I said I fully expected us to go 6-6 after watching the Illinois and Purdue games. Hopefully the first one is accurate.

GO GOPHERS!!

Great post Bleed!!!!

The TCU game was tough, but after the game I accepted that Patterson had rebuilt the TCU defense into a fast, tough force, so the fact they shut us down was understandable. I had huge expectations for our defense in that game, and I overlooked the fact that the turnovers put the D in a bad spot, so I was still positive after that game.

My concerns about the team started when our top line defense showed signs of not being able to handle short, perimeter passing attacks presented by NU and Purdue, but we won.

The offensive philosophy and the early defense at Illinois (I was there and not thrilled with the 3rd flat start in a row) was the event that really annoyed me.

The Iowa and OSU efforts proved to me that this team had regained its footing, and overcoming the adversity of a 10 point reversal on one freak play, and the loss of David Cobb provided one of the greatest days of Gopher Football I have witnessed since 1981.

Winning late in the year games in the Big Ten is huge, and as much of a Mason fan as I was, his teams wilted in the late Big Ten games versus good teams. Jerry Kill has put together a very different type of team and it all starts with the offensive line, Cobb, and #3, #2, #29, #31,, #28, #11 and #7. Those D backs are flat out though, mentally and physically.

Winning next week might be the biggest Minnesota football win in my lifetime. I certainly would make the 8-9 hour drive to Indianapolis, and although fan turnout the Big Ten Championship games has not been great, (on paper, but not in terms of people in the seats)) I would hope to see a massive influx of Minnesota fans in downtown Indianapolis. The drive is not bad if you time the Chicago part right, and there are lots of Minnesota fans living in Chicago and within 5 hours if Indy.. This could be bigger than any bowl game, especially if Students can get there.

I noticed that last season, some very negative Gopher fans just sort of vanished. It's like they were addicted to losing.

GO GOPHERS!!
Agree. Bleed so you have training in counseling/personnel management?

The TCU game was tough, but after the game I accepted that Patterson had rebuilt the TCU defense into a fast, tough force, so the fact they shut us down was understandable. I had huge expectations for our defense in that game, and I overlooked the fact that the turnovers put the D in a bad spot, so I was still positive after that game.

My concerns about the team started when our top line defense showed signs of not being able to handle short, perimeter passing attacks presented by NU and Purdue, but we won.

The offensive philosophy and the early defense at Illinois (I was there and not thrilled with the 3rd flat start in a row) was the event that really annoyed me.

The Iowa and OSU efforts proved to me that this team had regained its footing, and overcoming the adversity of a 10 point reversal on one freak play, and the loss of David Cobb provided one of the greatest days of Gopher Football I have witnessed since 1981.

Winning late in the year games in the Big Ten is huge, and as much of a Mason fan as I was, his teams wilted in the late Big Ten games versus good teams. Jerry Kill has put together a very different type of team and it all starts with the offensive line, Cobb, and #3, #2, #29, #31,, #28, #11 and #7. Those D backs are flat out though, mentally and physically.

Winning next week might be the biggest Minnesota football win in my lifetime. I certainly would make the 8-9 hour drive to Indianapolis, and although fan turnout the Big Ten Championship games has not been great, (on paper, but not in terms of people in the seats)) I would hope to see a massive influx of Minnesota fans in downtown Indianapolis. The drive is not bad if you time the Chicago part right, and there are lots of Minnesota fans living in Chicago and within 5 hours if Indy.. This could be bigger than any bowl game, especially if Students can get there.

Great post.

Regarding the drive, my wife is from South Bend (yes a Domer) and when we made the drive I keep my sanity by skirting Chicago entirely via I-39 to I-80. I am stupefied at the highway signage in both Chicago and northern Indiana. And the tolls....

Has this ever happened before? I will do my best to never speak of this again. You just put those rose-colored glasses on and start believing. Now if you could just help us drag some of the others out of the dark and into the light.

O look. Another post stating your opinion as fact when I have another post sitting in front of me where you say you come here to hear other opinions.

The petulant hypocrite speaks again.

O look. Another post stating your opinion as fact when I have another post sitting in front of me where you say you come here to hear other opinions.

The petulant hypocrite speaks again.
Are you mad at me because I'm right and you're wrong? Sheesh. Start agreeing with me more often and you can experience being right, too.

Are you mad at me because I'm right and you're wrong? Sheesh. Start agreeing with me more often and you can experience being right, too.

Classic. The fool you've made of yourself since Friday night is just pure entertainment for me.

I am a Gopher football fan and come to this forum to express my thoughts and read many interesting things posted here, including some views that oppose mine.

Top Bottom